PDA

View Full Version : Euro Pure Sinucit glitch discussion

aesop
2nd September 2005, 02:27 PM
Prologue: I’ve chosen a standard Vector race on Sinucit with the Harimau.

Now. Immediately after the loading screen when the camera appears on the starting grid I hear an out of place sound effect. It’s the same electronic sound I hear when I’m blown off the track and picked up by the wusswagon. Then as the camera moves down (at a faster pace than usual), I notice my craft if out of line. Instead if being in it’s grid position, it’s positioned right in the centre of the track.

I’ve done some testing and it’s only happening on Sinucit, regardless of which craft I use. The Gamma Pack isn’t installed, so there’s nothing there meddling with it.

Anyone else experiencing problems, or glitches?

Mobius
2nd September 2005, 04:27 PM
I get that whenever i race on it. It's not a game breaker though is it?

bakkufu
2nd September 2005, 04:57 PM
I get exactly the same thing, handy in a way as you can go straight up the middle with a boost start lol

Mobius
2nd September 2005, 04:58 PM
I think 2 ships have pincered me when i did that :)

aesop
2nd September 2005, 06:53 PM
I must be overreacting, but this just feels tainted now.

Think I might sell it.

Dogg Thang
2nd September 2005, 08:28 PM
I'm pretty sure this has never happened to me in the US or JP version.

aesop
2nd September 2005, 09:20 PM
My US copy works perfectly. It's just the Euro version that's buggin'.

bakkufu
2nd September 2005, 09:22 PM
not worth selling it for though, I'm sticking with mine for sure!!!

just using it as an opportunity to sneak my AG 5Y5 into 4th on the first corner lol

element42
3rd September 2005, 08:18 AM
my euro Pure doesn't seem to have these problems...

Purist
3rd September 2005, 10:12 AM
I hear an out of place sound effect...

Oh yeaaaa, me too, good ear there aesop
:oops: *looks for a new job*

judus
3rd September 2005, 11:27 AM
I have the same issue, but firstly i thought it was intentional, then i realised that the cameara pans around the grid its suppoed to be on. I suppose it doesn't result in any bad game behavior.

Purist
3rd September 2005, 05:10 PM
Hmmm, maybe the Euro copy does have a prob or two but I appreciate the Fired Up playable demo :wink:

Dogg Thang
5th September 2005, 08:20 PM
Well Seek has this aswell and I experienced it for the first time today (finally upgraded my firmware). It's no big deal, doesn't affect gameplay but it's odd that it happened when there was no glitch in the JP or US versions.

Rapier Racer
5th September 2005, 08:25 PM
lol I wondered why my ship was in the middle of that track at the start, yes I boost right past the lot of them, then they all come charging at my ship and I get a good bashing :evil:

Seek100
5th September 2005, 09:44 PM
Sorry bout the extra thread Dogg Thang, didn't realise it had already been discussed, I know, I know I should've used the search function, anyway I wouldn't consider it a problem, a little bit weird but certainly not worth selling the game over as Aesop suggests.

element42
6th September 2005, 06:27 AM
you know where I said my copy didn't have this problem? well it turns out I had my NTSC copy in at the time :oops: my copy does have this problem on Sinucit in vector...

eLhabib
6th September 2005, 06:43 AM
Did I get this right, this glitch only appears in vector class?
-well then you guys can really care less, the first few days of wipEout are really the only time you will ever race vector. Once you move on to flash, you will never look back, believe me.

aesop
6th September 2005, 07:58 AM
My copy bugs out on Vector and Venom, at least. Well, that's as far as I got before logging onto ebay. It's impurities like this that annoy me.

Hey, Dogg. Was it only when running Wipeout on Firmware 2.0 that you noticed the glitch?

Seek100
6th September 2005, 02:06 PM
aesop, I think you're makin a mountain out of a molehill on this one dude, it has no effect on the way the game plays at all, no offence but it's just a minor, minor glitch, not even a real bug, just a glitch.

Dogg Thang
6th September 2005, 02:53 PM
Aesop I'm on 1.5 - I couldn't actually run Euro Pure on 1.0. However, I very much doubt it's a firmware-specific glitch. Like Seek says though, it's not really a big deal I reckon.

Rapier Racer
6th September 2005, 06:42 PM
I was doing a flash tourney today and the glitch was there too, not bothered really it doen't take anything away from the gameplay

aesop
6th September 2005, 07:37 PM
I've already said I'm overreacting. I do that with the little things.