PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to our european fellow pilots!

Drakkenmensch
2nd September 2005, 12:33 PM
With the official release of the PSP and Pure in europe this week, I wish to give a warm welcome to everyone who was waiting impatiently to get their hands on this wonderful game. It's a fantastic experience, and we want to hear all about your first race and the impressions you got from it.

Come and sit with us veteran pilots, grab a bottle of Arrogant Bastard Ale and share your stories!

bakkufu
2nd September 2005, 01:13 PM
The track detail is VERY droolworthy, the city is alive with transparent signs and advertising, very much like I'd always wanted it to be!!!

Courses are a little narrower, but getting that first gold medal still gives the same buzz that getting gold on WipEout for PSone did!

Now if only I could get my Dlink Dongle to work...

Sausehuhn
2nd September 2005, 07:45 PM
have it, have it!!

but it's a lot harder to handle compared to the older WipEouts - because I really have problems to hold the PSP without getting problems with my fingers. The brakes are so... so... I don't know... maybe "at the wrong place" is the right description... :roll:

G'Kyl
2nd September 2005, 07:55 PM
Complaints, complaints, complaints! ;-)
OK, seriously, I do think you'll get used to it pretty quickly. Handling the PSP feels pretty natural to me, now that I've had mine for about half a year. Only START and SELECT I can't reach without looking, but that's not essential either. :)

Ben

Sausehuhn
2nd September 2005, 07:58 PM
hey, we should combine our handlings!!
I've no problems with "start" and "select" :wink:

bakkufu
2nd September 2005, 09:23 PM
have it, have it!!

but it's a lot harder to handle compared to the older WipEouts - because I really have problems to hold the PSP without getting problems with my fingers. The brakes are so... so... I don't know... maybe "at the wrong place" is the right description... :roll:

I used the D-Pad for EVERY wipeout game so far, including Wip3out and Fusion.

Pure however, I use the Analog nub for because you can tell the difference in precision straight away! Worth practicing with it!

Kansas
2nd September 2005, 10:25 PM
the Nub > *

element42
3rd September 2005, 08:21 AM
I'm trying using my 'alternative' negcon button layout: R is accelerate, brakes go on triangle and square. I can get to all the keys easier that way, but i'm not sure whether I prefer it yet...
I can't get the hand of the nub yet either, i'm using it like a wobbly d-pad. there's not enough movement! :? still, as xeik says, PRACTIVE MAKES PERFECT! 8)

Kansas
3rd September 2005, 09:09 AM
To all the Euro Pilots...

my Dark Lord Sauron bids thee welcome... :D

Sausehuhn
3rd September 2005, 11:31 AM
hm... the handling works much better when I use Van Uber combined with the Nub :)

Rouni Kenshin#1
3rd September 2005, 07:16 PM
I also would like to extend a hand to new euro pilots and add that if you stick with the nub it will pay off in the higher speed classes.

Mobius
3rd September 2005, 07:30 PM
Edit: Misread the original posts, sorry. I take that back.

Drakkenmensch
3rd September 2005, 07:34 PM
What's patronizing about welcoming people to playing the game for the first time? I was obviously aiming this welcome to those who had NOT bought an american or japanese version.

kyrios
4th September 2005, 01:03 PM
Had my copy for a few days (fan since the original) and it's nice to see a likeminded group of people. My only dissappointment is with the PSP generally. I think the D-pad is a bit spread out, too much so for games that require precision like Pure or Darkstalkers. That said, the analogue nub is lovely.

So far still working my way up the leagues (I love wipeout, but I've always been quite crap at it).. fallen in love with the new little Assegai thing. First ship to pull me away from Auricom since the original...

lordtaki
4th September 2005, 01:46 PM
Bought the PSP and Pure yesterday. So I'm still under heavy training/learning.

Any hints are highly welcome.

I'm very surprised by the "zone" mode and I think it's gonna be a god challenge mode here.