PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have all three (main) versions yet?

Purist
1st September 2005, 08:02 PM
If so JUST out of curiosity (not willy waving), what's your medal count?

JAP 210 :lol:
U.S. 154 :D
EURO 46 :cry:

Dogg Thang
1st September 2005, 09:15 PM
Well I have all three versions. US and JP are maxed out with all medals. I haven't managed to play the UK version yet (needs 1.52).

Purist
1st September 2005, 09:50 PM
Wow, GO Dawwwwg! how on earth you get some of those latter TT's, they're ROCK!

Dogg Thang
2nd September 2005, 06:05 AM
Yeah, it seems with the downloadable tracks that the hardest TTs to get are the Flash ones. I have no idea why but they seem to be much tighter for me. I think the trick to all of them is working out the best barrel rolling places and where to use your turbo.

Purist
2nd September 2005, 07:05 AM
Definatly, for example, one of em' (can't remember which right now) requires around 3 'barrels' in quick succession.... BITCH! :twisted:

Dogg Thang
2nd September 2005, 07:17 AM
Yeah, Khara Descent is a bit like that. For me, that was the hardest TT yet (in Flash). That section with the little jumps I had to barrel roll down it and hit the corner at exactly the right angle or I'd lose too much speed.

I should point out that Pure is the first game ever that I have bought three times. And on the same system too! I bought SF Alpha 3 a couple of times and a few others twice but Pure is the first one I have been driven to just get every version. It's that good.

Purist
2nd September 2005, 01:37 PM
Touché 8)

Almost near perfection... big round of applause for Berry, Burrows and the rest of the gang

*now, cue the well deserved awards?* http://www.thumbbandits.com/show_news.asp?NewsID=2189

Sumimasen
4th September 2005, 01:52 PM
Just picked up my UK version an hour ago. Had a screaming migraine all weekend, so haven't played it yet. Hopefully I'll be feeling better later so I can start my third (and hopefully final) Pure medal drive... Just so long as Lumines doesn't draw me back for just... one... more... go...

LOVE the UK box art though (as I have mentioned before), especially the inside of the box sleeve and the manual cover! very NICE!

Currently:

US: 142
JP: 153
UK: 0 :oops:

Purist
4th September 2005, 03:18 PM
Good stuff Sumimasen

yawnstretch
4th September 2005, 07:20 PM
US: 165
Euro : 10 :P
JPN: NA :?

Mobius
4th September 2005, 07:23 PM
How can you have a Euro and a UK version? Aren't they the same? :P

Dogg Thang
4th September 2005, 08:51 PM
He must mean US...

yawnstretch
4th September 2005, 09:04 PM
Indeed I did :oops:

Silly me - edited now :roll:

element42
5th September 2005, 06:14 PM
I've just bought the Jap version on ebay, so i'll have all three when it arrives. :)
the wife is going to kill me. she just doesn't understand :roll: it'll be even worse when i buy a chipped ps1 (soon) to play xl on as well....

lunar
7th September 2005, 04:05 PM
I`ve got US, and Euro as of yesterday, but I`ll pass on the JP version. There`s not enough extra content to make it worthwhile for me - and I want to get lots of other irresponsible stuff for my PSP. I`m not going to do any more on Euro than unlock everything for now though, so I can host all races on Kai - I`ll leave the great gold hunt until the new music tracks are out - should make the journey more entertaining. :rock_on

eLhabib
7th September 2005, 04:35 PM
yeah, I am strongly considering getting the euro version, too, just for online play and the extra content. But being the little perfectionist that I am, I'm afraid I will want to do all golds over... *sigh* this is gonna be annoying...

lunar
7th September 2005, 04:43 PM
yeah I`m definitely going to have to do all the golds again - but later. I think you`ll need Euro for Kai - last night when I got on there was no-one playing US and four of us with Euro - so that`s what it had to be. Some US players came on later though. It was a fiddle to get Euro going because I hadn`t realised you have to change your dwl configuration when you change versions. I need to work out the smoothest way of doing this - I kind of fumbled around with it yesterday until it went.

I honestly couldn`t face getting all the golds in JP version too - all those vector races to do again for the euro is bad enough. I usually make vector bearable now by seeing how many times in a tournament I can kill Medievil, or the main challenger if its not in, and still get first place.

element42
7th September 2005, 04:55 PM
update: I now have all three versions :)
I'm really liking the Jap manual. As for having to do everything three times over, as I'm new to the game, this isn't so much of a hardship as I need to learn all the courses anyway. But it is a bit tedious.

I'm using my wireless router (linksys WRT54G) with the clever firmware to play on Kai and I haven't had to change anything when swapping UMDs.

Drakkenmensch
7th September 2005, 05:45 PM
Ordered my copy of UK Wipeout over ebay, the only one I'm missing in my Pure Triumvirate ;)

Dogg Thang
7th September 2005, 06:03 PM
I've been really lazy with my UK copy - I just went straight for the tournaments so I could unlock Rapier and Phantom. Not sure if I'll ever go back and get those Vector and Venom golds after getting them all twice before...

lunar
7th September 2005, 06:06 PM
maybe I didn`t need to do anything to my utilities, but the number in the bottom part of site survey (dwl122 users will know what I`m on about) changed when I used the euro version. I had to delete the US one, then refresh, then manually connect to the euro, then re-enter the IP settings, but there should be a smoother way. Of course maybe it was the guy I was playing against who had the problem as he was fiddling around too, but I dont think so.

Good news Drak: and the even better news is that Euro version is exActly the same, apart from the regional exclusive glitch on Sinucit, which adds a little variation. Maybe they could get someone to sponsor it. :wink:

Purist
7th September 2005, 07:01 PM
If anyone is interested I have a Euro purE for sale £25 through PayPal anyone? add me to MSN if interested... kevs355@yahoo.com

HOPE THAT'S OK MODS

Drakkenmensch
7th September 2005, 09:33 PM
*grins* Euro Wipeout Pure: now with an EXCLUSIVE localized spacetime distortion!

eLhabib
7th September 2005, 09:48 PM
darn! looks like I am going to have to get euro purE SOON, seeing as you guys are already switching to it for online play!