PDA

View Full Version : Urban Pure

Ally Graham
1st September 2005, 09:28 AM
What is your guys take on this:
http://www.psp-pureurban.com/index_flash.php

Dogg Thang
1st September 2005, 09:40 AM
Very like the marketing way back with the original WO. I remember playing WO in clubs back in my more 'experimental' days...

Purist
1st September 2005, 11:23 AM
OOOOOooo ooooohhhhh 8O can we have a special 'WIRE05' style download please???

aesop
1st September 2005, 02:12 PM
Ok, I'll say it. This looks ****.

Since when was Wipeout Hip Hop.

Dogg Thang
1st September 2005, 02:23 PM
Well part of what made WO was embracing contemporary youth culture so I don't see why this wouldn't fit. It's not 1996 anymore.

aesop
1st September 2005, 02:53 PM
The concept is Wipeout, but the content isn't.

sip
1st September 2005, 02:57 PM
Boooo ...why does hip hop try to stick its nose into every corner these days :cry: Damn brainwashed youth and MTV.

YOYO
1st September 2005, 03:16 PM
Um, what can I say.... not to be rude, but this makes me sick! This is defacing Wipeout. It's like turning someones work of art into complete trash. Shame on you Sony, for once again selling out.

I'm contemporary youth, and I can't stand hip hop. It's more like contemporary North American culture. A culture, that in my opinion, should keep it's nose out of European culture.

Now I'm not trying to pick a fight here, it's my opinion. I'm European, and I'm tired of seeing all this American MTV, mainstream propaganda. I think, WipEout is electronic, all the way to the roots, and it should always remain that way.

Ally Graham
1st September 2005, 03:20 PM
The site only has links to the game in name, what does it have to do with WipEout Pure at all?

Lulolwen
1st September 2005, 07:28 PM
I can't exactly tell what it has to do with the game.

YOYO, I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm an American youth, but my favorite genres are jazz and electronica.

I like the originality and ideas these guys portray, their description of "grime" music, etcetera, but it's not Wipeout.

Seek100
1st September 2005, 08:10 PM
electronic music has nothing to do with urban, wipEout has never been about urban music, this is all bull(****) corporate appropriation of a brilliant game, would anyone here classify any of the music on pure as urban? Or that on previous wipEout games? I certainly wouldn't - not even photek which is about as close as it's come is really urban.

I'm disgusted with Sony for being such corporate bloodsuckers.

bakkufu
1st September 2005, 08:11 PM
see if they had done something REMOTELY WipEout related...

I might be actually interested.

in short, no AG racing = I dont visit the site.

yawnstretch
1st September 2005, 10:27 PM
I dont know - if this allows for some sort of jukebox whilst playing wipeout Im all for it.

The music style may not be exactly wipeout - but then the music in Pure (apart from a select few artists) was terrible imo. Bring it I say.

Sounds like they're really expanding the capability of the game - who knows maybe there'll be some sweet stuff in there. Also -am I the only one who thinks a bit of classical music would rock wipeout's world?

Seek100
1st September 2005, 11:45 PM
The point is they make no mention of adding your own music to wipEout, the only extra music we can get is through downloads and the music mixer, oh and there are only 2 crap songs on pure, The System and Naks Acid, the rest were sic.

Kansas
2nd September 2005, 05:05 PM
Calm down, fellow pilots.

We're very protective of the WipeOut series and anything that does not seem to fit the mold is seen as unwelcome, so I understand your angst.

Hip-Hop and rap music have completely choked the airwaves in the States. It's a Hip-Hop nation. Sadly, most of the Hip-Hop and rap isn't that good anyway (give me the late 80s with Arrested Development, A Tribe Called Quest, Digital Underground, etc.).

Electronic music remains mostly underground because it's complexity does not allow it to be pre-packaged and served to the masses like Big Macs. Instead, it's for those with a more refined taste.

Still, when looking at most Hip-Hop and rap, without the lyrics, it's pretty much just another form of electronic music that's been laced with blues, jazz or disco.

I don't know if WipeOut Urban is a good thing, however. You're messing with a time-tested recipe. Adding another flavor may not be the best idea.

G'Kyl
2nd September 2005, 05:57 PM
I wholy agree with you. One shoudl definitly see that there's a crowd other than the fan base and they need to be served and Pure needs to be sold. And if it does sell, we are more likely to get another installation.

Just one thing that came to my mind when I read your post, Kansas: There's an underground and a mainstream side for every kind of music, and that holds true for electronic music as well, doesn't it? :) To say the least, think about how it influenced modern pop music.

Ben

Kansas
2nd September 2005, 06:05 PM
Mos def.

I was going to add that mainstream music from the early 80s and on has been influenced heavily by tapping into the electronic underground.

Lulolwen
2nd September 2005, 08:04 PM
It's like New Coke, you just don't mess with the flavor of a classic. :D

yawnstretch
2nd September 2005, 08:11 PM
-that said Vanilla Coke is good

Sausehuhn
2nd September 2005, 08:22 PM
Hey, the site also has one good info that has nothing to do with HipHop

Event Date: 2005-10-15
PSP PRESENTS WIPEOUT PURE FESTIVAL SATURDAY 15TH OCTOBER 2005 LANDSCHAFTS PARK NORD, DUISBURG TOP DEEJAYS TWO AREAS WIPEOUT COMPEITION

hehe, a good thing for Germany :D

Rouni Kenshin#1
2nd September 2005, 09:10 PM
I am and American Teen.

I HATE hip-hop, rap, gansta rap, and any other formations of bets and words that resemble andthying near rap of any kind.

that site is just crap.