PDA

View Full Version : European Gamma

aesop
31st August 2005, 09:59 PM
Someone already announced it's available. I thought I'd try and get it now while I have time to kill. Of course it requires new account details and the serial number for a European PSP, which I don't have.

What now.

Ally Graham
31st August 2005, 10:04 PM
Does it have to be a Euro PSP, cos if it does, it would mess up all those wanting to get Euro WipEout Pure on their JP or US PSP.

aesop
31st August 2005, 10:06 PM
They want serial numbers from PSP1003 and PSP1004. I'll assume that's Europe, PAL area, whatever.

My PSP1001 isn't please.

Thruster2097
31st August 2005, 10:09 PM
?

That's crazy!

That is the whole point of getting an imported PSP, because there will be no region locks.

Needless to say I am very unhappy right now and hoping this isn't the case.

Ally Graham
31st August 2005, 10:09 PM
Lets hope that you can download with Euro pure through its browser, without needing a Euro PSP.

Thruster2097
31st August 2005, 10:12 PM
yeah, fingers and every crossable thing else crossed...

aesop
31st August 2005, 10:19 PM
They don't understand the **** that is 56k Tesco Internet. Probably wouldn't have managed to get a file that big through their download service anyway.

It doesn't support resume, it doesn't support aesop.

yawnstretch
31st August 2005, 10:30 PM
if the serial number thing is true that's a total JOKE.

I've a JPN psp and I want to buy wipeout pure Europe :!:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Purist
31st August 2005, 10:33 PM
Guys, guys, guys... chill you mean you didn't even TRY?!?! - I can confirm it works with PSP1001's (like mine!) and with foreign/international serial numbers. I have just registered a Californian sourced 1.5 psp as a PSP1004 with a purchase date of today and possess the UK GAMMA for my fresh copy of EURO purE coming tomorrow!

EDIT: in 27mins! :lol:

Thruster2097
31st August 2005, 10:37 PM
that's thru the www.yourpsp.com or the www.wipeoutpure.com sites, right?

I was kinda hoping it would allow me to download straight through the PSP WiFi.
thanks purist, but I'm really going to have to try this out for myself.

infoxicated
31st August 2005, 10:42 PM
You will be able to download it through the in-game menu. I completed the site for it this afternoon, so I'm pretty darn certain of that. :)

Purist
31st August 2005, 10:43 PM
Yep, through the official www.wipeoutoure.com site, nothing dodgy, no hacks... although I must confess I did always expect to be able to download the EURO gamma, aferall the games are effectivly region FREE.

DRAT! don't you just get that feeling of superiority 8) being one of the few whom own a psp being drained away as the minutes tick by... before you know it they'll little oinks all over McDonalds and ASDA playing with their psp's, smudging and scratching their screens, destroying the UMD drive door. Same thing happened when they brought out PAYG mobiles! :twisted: :cry: :twisted: :evil: :cry:

aesop
31st August 2005, 10:44 PM
Dude's right. I just signed up my PSP to it.

PSPUpdates.com

What you need to provide is:
- Your PSP's Serial Number: It's under your battery, inside your PSP. Not the one on the bottom.
- Model Number: 1003
- Purchase Date: 31th of August, 2005
- Other information should go what it should be.

After the registration, you will have full access to the resources on www.YourPSP.com, even including p-tv!

Thruster2097
31st August 2005, 10:45 PM
wow, fresh off the press!

Just hoping it works with rogue, nee dodgy PSPs like mine.
cheers rob

*edit*
that should do the trick nicely then!

Very busy tonight, wonder why? :roll:

aesop
31st August 2005, 10:57 PM
I just had a quick glance at the European Gamma file size. It's just over 13MB.

That's a fair bit of compression, right?

xEik
31st August 2005, 11:02 PM
I just wonder why there are only Flash versions of yourpsp and wipeoutpure sites.

Can someone give a valid reason? I hate Flash spining thingies telling me 'All your bandwidth is belong to us'. :evil:

randomperson1
31st August 2005, 11:35 PM
: :x ( tries to register foreign psp)
(fails)
(tries again)
(can't get on website !)
EDIT: ( realises serial no. is actually on back of console)
( gets surprisingly small gasmma pack)

yawnstretch
1st September 2005, 01:18 AM
Sorry for freaking out earlier- I did as suggested and told the form that my PSP was a 1004 instead of a 1000 and it worked - hope this wont cause any issues later - but wahayy! Euro wipeout for everyone! (very important for multiplayer obviously).

Hellfire_WZ
1st September 2005, 11:58 AM
Yep, works great. Just downloaded it onto a PSP-1000 without a hitch. :)

Now I just need the game to go with it...

Dogg Thang
1st September 2005, 12:39 PM
Well I made an account with no problem but I can't seem to download it at all. It says download accepted and then seems to hang. It looks like the US site download except I'm not getting the little Java icon. Pox.

I got my third (and hopefully last) copy of Pure today. For getting three copies I expect to be put on Sony's board of directors. If I do, it's downloads for all!

Anyone notice that the ad for the soundtrack says it has 'bounstracks'?

aesop
1st September 2005, 01:00 PM
I've tried twice to download it. Both times I've been disconnected when it's been within couple minutes of finishing.

THANKYOUTESCOINTERNETACCESSMUCHLOVE

element42
1st September 2005, 01:07 PM
tesco are evil. :evil: use this connection:
Dial-up Number: 0845 0804999
Username: localrate@greenisp
password: password
it's a generic dial-up service from GreenISP (http://www.greenisp.net/). you don't need a user account or anything, and it costs the same as local rate - i.e. 1p a minute in the evenings (although this may not be true if BT isn't your line provider). I never had any trouble with it when i was on dial up.

Dogg Thang
1st September 2005, 01:09 PM
Well I don't have much to worry about - turns out I can't play it anyway! It needs v1.52 to run and I'm not updating.

Looks like it's time to order that spanky white PSP!

aesop
1st September 2005, 02:05 PM
I never had any trouble with it when i was on dial up.
Good to know. I'll give it a whirl tonight, thanks. I don't mind paying a penny a minute if it gets the job done.

Hellfire_WZ
1st September 2005, 04:53 PM
Just a quickie, but someone has pointed out to me that the pack, although it works, reads as corrupted data in the saved data utility. It's the same case on mine. Is this normal for you guys as well?

bakkufu
1st September 2005, 08:10 PM
yeah same here, pack works fine but shows as corrupt on the saved data utility :evil:

Mobius
2nd September 2005, 11:45 AM
Weird...

Well at least the freezing porblem has gone away almost. its only froze once out of the 5 times i put the psp to sleep durig a gamma track.

bu22ard
2nd September 2005, 12:51 PM
I have a UK psp. I have entered my details on yourpsp.com and all checks out.
I now try to get the download gamma pack but it keep saying 'unable to retrieve data from server'....
Very frustrating. Any suggestions please? I would love to get the new tracks, this game rocks.

bakkufu
2nd September 2005, 01:12 PM
get it from wipeoutpure.com - worked fine for me

X
2nd September 2005, 03:39 PM
I had a corrupted file as wel, about 14Mb. I deleted it... guess I'll have to reinstall Gamma then :?

Mobius
2nd September 2005, 04:29 PM
The thing is though, X, it isnt corrupted, thats the name of it for some reason.

bakkufu
2nd September 2005, 04:55 PM
im not so sure, browse the memory stick with your pc and you'll see there is an icon and a grey wipeout pure wallpaper that SHOULD be displayed when you view the gamma pack.

But it doesnt.

Sausehuhn
2nd September 2005, 07:41 PM
I can't register as well.

So there 3 ways to get the pack anywayk:

1. use the in-game browser. But will it work without problems?
2. do exactly what the topic with the big capital letters in this forum (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2231) says - just the opposite and not in this forum.
3. erm... try and try and try and try and try and try to register again again and again

edit:
hm... so: the 1. doesn't really work... or I'm just too silly for that??
Help!!

2. edit
registered with "1003" and "1. september 2005". Now it works...