PDA

View Full Version : Wow! I Love Porto Kora!

Space Cowboy
31st August 2005, 08:41 PM
Its great to see that such a good track has survived intact and is all the better for it :) Wicked! glad to see it in the download pack. Im off to try Odessa Keys now, hope its just as good :) Cheers SL!
Any opinions on the new tracks guys?

EDIT: Just tried Odessa, and its brill!, looks gorgeous and plays really well :)

Vortex
31st August 2005, 08:47 PM
I love the new tracks, especially Porto Kora, the colour scheme works really well. The blue of Odessa Keys is also really cool (and the last corner is not the bastard that it used to be in 2097 / SE).

Along with Altima, the Classic 2 league is looking really sweet, I just hope that the Vohl Square remake stands up with these three, but at least the Icaras should return with the next download to complete the team roster.

Sven
31st August 2005, 09:15 PM
OMG, it's out!

*waits for his 256meg memory stick to come in the mail*

yawnstretch
31st August 2005, 11:36 PM
Sweet - wasnt expecting this tonight > I played Odessa fist (preferring 2097 over 3) and I was quite surprised about Odessa - completely different track imo - but a great one still! - The only thing that reminds me of the original are the 'skyhooks'

But OMG - Porta Hora - flipping DELICIOUS!!!!!!!

AGHHhhhhhHHH - I need people to race against - but the people I know with a PSP have Euro :S

Still - it's all ahead of me!

Drakkenmensch
1st September 2005, 02:45 AM
Just played a few rounds of the new tracks in the second classic pack and I have to say -

Porto Kora is YUMMY :D

It looks and feels a lot like the original track in Wip3out, owing a lot to the setting sun and golden light bathing the track. It's a fun track to race through, and I'm looking forward to facing other human racers through it :)

Dogg Thang
1st September 2005, 06:49 AM
Yeah, this for me is the best pack to date. Porta Kora is simply stunning in every way. It's perfect.

Odessa Keys, as I suspected, has lost a lot in terms of altitude and suffers in my opinion from the softening of the track in general but the look is beautiful and it's still a great track. What I love about the lighting is how vivid all of the racers look. The colours look so sharp. I would have loved to have the clock in it but, hey, we've got the lighthouse in Porta Kora!

Stunning work.

It really makes me think that all of the magazines that reviewed Pure should re-review it now as there is so much more to the game.

Oh and, by the way, if anyone in Sony's decision-making department (it's a real department) is reading - I'd pay good money to have more classics, and the ones we already have like Sagamartha and Manor Top, recreated to the same level as Porta Kora.

yawnstretch
1st September 2005, 07:36 AM
So would I Dogg - the original classic levels weren't great imo, but the new downloadable classics are fantastic.

Cant wait for the music mixer either as almost every music track is turned off (apart from Cold Storage) in my settings. PurE definitely sets new benchmarks for the wipeout series and could well be the very best wipeout ever 8O but there's plenty of annoying music tracks on it - not very conducive to chilled super speed.

Some of them (including the menu music) are very hard on the ears.

Space Cowboy
1st September 2005, 08:00 AM
Yeah same as, my music playlist includes Cold Sotorage and thats it. I cant wait to get hold of more of Tim's tracks for pure.
I would love to see more of the classic tracks recreated for Pure, especially tracks like Sagarmartha, Manor Top and Gare'd'Europa.

Kansas
1st September 2005, 04:32 PM
You guys are too hard on the music in Pure. It's a good soundtrack. There are a few tracks that lend nothing to the game, but for the most part, it's a good soundtrack.

Mogaar
1st September 2005, 04:56 PM
I agree Kansas; I really like Pure's soundtrack. But hey, what do I know? I loved Fusion's soundtrack too. The Wipeout team really does a great job in selecting the music.

yawnstretch
1st September 2005, 10:59 PM
Dont get me wrong Mogaar/Kansas - I too loved the music in Fusion and there certainly are some great tracks in PurE.

I do hate the menu music though - I didn't at first but damn - through the earphones it almost sounds like hissy static :(