PDA

View Full Version : 7:20pm GMT. Just a few hours to go ...

Egg
31st August 2005, 06:23 PM
... and Wipeout Pure is finally unleashed in Europe.

Thanks for keeping the buzz going, guys. The wait has been interminable - for all of us.

Fingers crossed, this kicks some serious butt all over Euroland.

PS, it's a warm night here in England. Perfect weather for queuing up outside GAME at midnight!

8)

Mobius
31st August 2005, 06:37 PM
Damn Egg, you have been invading my thoughts again. :wink:

Except its particularily humid so there is a chance of thunderstorms in London. I'm going in a midnight so this should be a treat. :D

element42
31st August 2005, 06:39 PM
t's just finished lashing it down with rain here (massive lightning!), hopefully I'll be dry, hanging around in town...
Lost is on telly from 10-11 so that'll keep me occupied, then I can go and get my PSP! I've spent today making sure all the Xlink stuff is working, which (after much messing around with my firewall), it should be; with any luck I'll be online tommorrow for some much longed-for online wipeout play. woohoo! :D

lunar
31st August 2005, 06:44 PM
wasn`t that a hell of a storm - totally spectacular here in Gloucestershire anyway. One advantage of PSP gaming - no more game power cuts (as long as you`re charged anyway). But no queing up in thunderstorms for me tonight. :D

Egg - hope the game is a massive success for your team over here too - it deserves to be.

Mobius
31st August 2005, 06:51 PM
I've noticed the gamma pack is already up!

Egg
31st August 2005, 07:05 PM
So... you could go to GAME at midnight with 7 friends, all buy a PSP but just one copy of Pure. Then you can Game Share and play Wi-Fi on the bus home 8)

Or, preferably, you all by a copy :lol:

Then, in a nearby late-night internet cafe, all download the gamma pack and play that 8-player on the bus home... the possibilities are endless.

bakkufu
31st August 2005, 07:12 PM
im picking mine up from work 8am tomorrow morning :D

Sausehuhn
31st August 2005, 07:18 PM
After school I will have it.
And after work I will play it! :D

Dogg Thang
31st August 2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah, it's nice to think it will be all around me now. It seems like it has been a huge wait to reach here.

Kansas
31st August 2005, 07:48 PM
I'm happy for all the EuroPilots.

Enjoy! :)

Thruster2097
31st August 2005, 08:03 PM
For all you fellow UK /Euro pilots that have patiently waited until now to get your PSP, tonight will go very quickly.
YAY - waiting finally over!!!!!! :lol:
I will be getting the UK editions of PurE and Ape Escape Academy tomorrow morning. It's a shame I have to work tomorrow because I would have been at bluewater at midnight offering to kick anyone's ass at ridge racers!

Currently 9pm in the UK, thats one hundred eighthty british minutes to go!

X
31st August 2005, 08:04 PM
Man I can't wait any longer! Finally I'll have the PSP!! In 12hrs it will be mine WHAHAHAH! :twisted:
I'm thinking of buying Lumines too, the reviews on it are very good.

Thruster2097
31st August 2005, 08:09 PM
Luminies is a phenomenon.
I cannot praise it highly enough.

It surely must be second on anyone's PSP game list.

Childlikecake
31st August 2005, 08:14 PM
Don't forget us down under! I'm in New Zealand and picking up my PSP in a couple hours (EB didn't do a midnight opening, BASTARDS!). I only had enough money for the value pack and one game. But I have a feeling Pure will be all I need, at lest for a little while. Let's get ready, steady and go my Australian, European and Kiwi posse. New kids on the block with a PSP = more competition for you old hats. Hope you're all up to the challenge!

Sven
31st August 2005, 09:13 PM
Luminies is a phenomenon.
I cannot praise it highly enough.

It surely must be second on anyone's PSP game list.Hah, my only two PSP games are Lumines and Wipeout Pure. Great minds think alike :)

bakkufu
31st August 2005, 09:13 PM
my first two games are Pure and Ridge Racer. I'm all one for the classics ;)

Thruster2097
31st August 2005, 10:07 PM
My third was ridge racers.
Anyway.... 55 minutes to go, you better be either getting ready to join the queue or actually be in the queue right now...

:hyper

Axel
31st August 2005, 10:35 PM
I might wait for the price to drop. I'm excited about the psp release. But the price at the moment is not the lick. I'll see if my undercover agent can sort me out a nice juicy price :twisted:

X
1st September 2005, 05:19 AM
Couldn't sleep last night... too anxious... just 2 hrs till the stores open... can't wait any longer... 8O

Mobius
1st September 2005, 09:03 AM
I did the midnight launch, charged it while i failed misearbly to sleep and had a go on it this morning...

My my, this is a masterpeice, pure genius. It rocks!!!!

X
1st September 2005, 10:56 AM
Fantastic device, great game!

bakkufu
1st September 2005, 11:10 AM
charged, updated to version 2 and got my first gold with AG systems this morning!!!

Gonna download Gamma this afternoon!

Rapier Racer
1st September 2005, 02:43 PM
I just got mine and....................

Wipeout Pure rocks :rock_on but we knew that allready, now to go stare at it some more :D

bakkufu
1st September 2005, 04:19 PM
but im playing it at work!!! I have to do something non wipeout at some point...

No must resist this work thing, need to pilot my AG!!!

element42
1st September 2005, 04:41 PM
woohoo! it all works! i just played Pure online!
my god, i'm pants :oops:

Kansas
1st September 2005, 05:11 PM
The crew at Assegai Developments welcomes you to WipeOut: Pure.

*lifts a pint of Rogue's Dead Man's Ale*

xEik
1st September 2005, 07:22 PM
Got my PSP and WO Pure. :D

I've got 5 or 6 stuck pixels. Bad luck. :( I see that there is some video trick to try to unstick them. Can anybody comment on personal experience? They are stuck, not dead.

On other news, Pure is impressive 8) and after a couple of hours I'm crap at it. :oops:
I have won all Vector single races on the first try but I know my current performance won't get me through Flash. :o

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

element42
1st September 2005, 07:56 PM
I've got no dead pixels :)
when i was testing Xlink i got to play rapier. ouch. 8O
at the moment my thumb is hurting from the unusual position my hands have to be in to use the analogue nub. i still haven't worked out the best way to position my right thumb...

Purist
1st September 2005, 08:04 PM
Certainly did for me although people have mixed results http://www.pspupdates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3940&goto=nextoldest

and if you wannit...
http://files.pspupdates.com/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,21,329

one I used...
http://www.psp-vault.com/modules.php?name=UpDownload&req=getit&lid=355

lunar
1st September 2005, 08:21 PM
PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

OMG - Its back!

And still as true as it ever was. 8)

I`m so pleased for all of you who are also playing Pure now. I couldn`t believe it when I saw a stack of PSPs and wipeout in Tescos today - I crashed my trolley I was so busy staring.

MissileStrike
9th September 2005, 11:44 PM
You got it that early? Damn. :guns I had to wait till September the 6th.

Mr Pointment
10th September 2005, 04:15 AM
Are any other cities suffering a massive PSP drought?

My parents were due to travel Dublin to Hamburg on 5 September. I thought this would be the ideal opportunity for me to get a duty free PSP...
When they arrived, I was told there were no PSP's at any airport... too new perhaps? I figuired this was no problem, and I'd just head into town and get one there.

Nope.

I tried a total of 9 different stores in 3 different areas in Hamburg. Every single one gave a smile that says: "Little late off the mark there, buddy". Apparently they've had HEAPS of people trying to get them, and Sony aren't promising new stock for at least 2 weeks.

Anyway, I found one in a department store in somewhere a bit less central, so this story has a happy ending. Pure is great and I love it to bits.

Has anyone else had similar experiences getting a PSP? Worse? Whats your city like for stock?
Anyone as dissapointed with how Sony have handled the release of this console, despite pushing the release back by months so this DIDN'T happen?

eLhabib
10th September 2005, 11:45 AM
Sony did a TERRIBLE release job. Fortunately, this didn't affect me because I was an early importer, but the stock supply is WAY too little, here in Vienna the PSP sold out within a single day, and lots of my friends are complaining that there will be no new stock in september, which is really, really bad. Also the whole marketing strategy for the european market is bullsh*t, they hardly have any billboards up, and the TV commercial doesn't really represent the PSP as a gaming console, and is aired so infrequently, I only saw it twice. :( stupid sony, one would expect that they of all companies should know how to do things right...

Dogg Thang
10th September 2005, 11:47 AM
Maybe it's the cynic in me but I reckon the 'drought' was well planned. A console that sells out on the opening day creates a perception of massive demand and makes the consumer think they must get one at the next opportunity or they will miss out. I think Nintendo started this with consoles when they launched the N64.

Rapier Racer
10th September 2005, 10:11 PM
Well GAME apparently sold out their launch allocation in early August just by taking pre orders, and I saw a sign outside an HMV about 4 days before launch saying they had a very limited supply available for folk who hadn’t pre ordered, they went on midnight sale I suspect they sold the lot in no time, after I got mine I went into Curries and Comet just to see if they had any but indeed they did not, I’m expecting the same sort of pish when the PS3 comes out in 4 years time

Lance
10th September 2005, 11:23 PM
6 in Europe

Thruster2097
11th September 2005, 11:29 AM
I dont know where you guys think the release shortages are, but they're certainly not here. Game, Woolworths, HMV and Play.com all have PSP in stock.

Rapier Racer
11th September 2005, 07:10 PM
http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11238&mid=326808

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=PSP&page=search

uhh there

Thruster2097
11th September 2005, 10:25 PM
sales talk and/or hype.
don't believe it because they are available over the counter.