PDA

View Full Version : I really, really LOVE Citta Nuova

Drakkenmensch
26th August 2005, 09:26 PM
There has been in the last few days a thread still running that complains on the difficulty level of Citta Nuova, and following the idea of Lance, I'm starting a thread to say how much I'm stunned at the sheer level of detail and beauty of the many, many tracks of Wipeout Pure.

I give much love to the dazzling sunset of Modesto Heights, the nighttime pouring rain of Sinucit, the wide open skies of Sol2 and the sparkling electric walls of raw data that comprise the wild ride that is Karbonis.

I love this game in all its many little details, both obvious and subtle.

If you love the sheer beauty of Pure, let your voice be heard!!!

fusionfrenzy
26th August 2005, 09:29 PM
It does all look so lush and verdant/beautiful. But I don't recall anyone saying how great the sights of fusion were, even though the graphics were better :lol: .

I especially like Vineta K and Sebencos in Pure, drifting round them without music on with headphones is great. But to love Citia nuova, i'm sorry, you're insane.

Sumimasen
26th August 2005, 09:33 PM
Sorry Lance, looks like you're taking the blame for my alcohol-fuelled outburst...

Sorry...

:oops:

Edit: Yes. Yes we did.

Lance
26th August 2005, 09:33 PM
i believe it was Paul/Sumimasen's idea to celebrate the great stuff

edit: oops, looks like near simultaneous posting hath we done.

Kansas
26th August 2005, 09:41 PM
*peers from behind six empty bottles of Arrogant Bastard Ale*

Uh... I really, really love Cita Nuova... I just really, really hate that #$%! track.

:cowboy

Sumimasen
26th August 2005, 09:59 PM
I really love...

Anulpha Pass... Because of that really cool track split! Take the high road, indeed! Yes!!!
Exostra Run... Because it reminds me of 2097. A golden age!!!
Sinucit... Because of the rain... The layout... The fact that it is SO WipEout!
Chengou Project... Because of the amount of barrel-rolls that are possible!!! :D
Uber-mall... Because it's so mad! Racing through a shopping centre?!? How cool!
Staten Park... Just because...

and...

Citta Nuova... Because when you get it right, no track can possibly give you that kind of sense of achievement!

Drakkenmensch
26th August 2005, 10:01 PM
*pours more Arrogant Bastard Ale for Kansas, Sumi, Frenzy and Lance*

Woo! That's what I'm talking about guys, now THIS is a happy thread! Have fun, take a spin in Freeplay mode, leap down the track and admire the DETAIL of the ground below which most people won't ever even SEE!

Rouni Kenshin#1
27th August 2005, 02:26 PM
CIttia Nova is H. A. R. D. hard.

but after hateing the track for so long now that i'v figured it out and have all it's medals i've come to realize that is is one of the best tracks in the game.

Drakkenmensch
27th August 2005, 05:53 PM
I just re-checked the original thread that inspired this one, so credit where credit is due - Sumimasen did suggest this idea first, so let's all have a cheerful round of applause for his cool idea!

Sorry for that Sumi ;)

Kansas
27th August 2005, 08:35 PM
I mistakingly hit a turbo right before the crazy elbow on Cita Nuova and someone hit me with rockets at the same time... I didn't know it was possible, but my ship flew over the wall and I found myself flying straight down into a city... 8O

Rouni Kenshin#1
28th August 2005, 01:31 AM
Yeah that can happen. but would that post be more at home in the "the craziest things happen in wiepout land" thread a while back.

But basically if you like the most challanging corse you can get you will kike Cittia Nova if you find it too hard than either after you figure it out you will like it, this happent to me. Or you just find that level of difficulity demmanding of so mutch attention and consentrtion that you don't get to see that wonderfull sight that the track is, this is and experience that everone fides great to do while racing.

Lance
28th August 2005, 04:07 AM
hmm... well Kansas' comment is pretty appropriate in either place. [but not in both, of course! ;) ]

damn, you must be typing too fast, Rouni! :)

dammit, i'm having a little trouble with typing myself right now, not because it's worse than usual, but because it's faster than usual because i'm 85 percent of the way through my first Heineken of the evening [yes, drunk already. i am such a lightweight {126 pounds at kast count} ] and i don't quite trust myself. i should, though, because i can actually fly Wipeout better when inebriated most of the time. :D
that is one of the joys of Wipeout. probably the drunken skill transfers to typing, too, yes? removes inhibitions of overthinking

lunar
28th August 2005, 03:54 PM
The way in which I`d like to celebrate Wipeout Pure is related to Lance`s post. Pure is the only Wipeout I can still play to a reasonable level after a bottle of red wine or a few pints of Old Arrogant Bastard. With any of the others just a whiff of alcohol makes it a complete waste of time to try and play - nasty wall-banging elimination and morose drunken misery will be the only result. But Pure is different - it welcomes drunks with open arms, and although I won`t play my best I can still perform. So thankyou Pure for opening up a whole world of post-pub/dinner wipeing.

And I almost love Citta Nuova now. Its quite a tame beast once you learn the sideshift moves and try not to push too hard. Though its always slightly scary against the AI, against humans I don`t fear it anything like as much as Blue Ridge - those last bends, aswell as the first ones, really seperate pilots.

Kansas
29th August 2005, 06:16 PM
I noticed that at least two of these threads have shifted over to the consumption of alcoholic beverages... Pass the Arrogant Bastard!!!

:rock_on

Lance
29th August 2005, 06:50 PM
a lot of that is yoUr responsibility. you're the one who has really pursued the quaffing of ale! ;)
not that this would be a bad thing, mind you. :)

Lulolwen
29th August 2005, 08:49 PM
I'd never really thought about it until I read this thread, but now that I think about it, Citta Nuova is one of the smoothest tracks I've played. Once you get it right of course. Maybe I'm a little insane, but it's kinda fun just to fly through the course a few times on Phantom Free Play with the accelerator jammed down and just sliding through the corners.

Thruster2097
29th August 2005, 11:32 PM
I love Vinetia K (the first track) because through my ears it always sounds like the announcer is saying "Welcome to Peter Kaye"

.... :lol:

always makes me giggle....

Lance
29th August 2005, 11:55 PM
[ignorant american self asks]: who is Peter Kaye?

Thruster2097
30th August 2005, 12:15 AM
some comedian who comes from bolton. May also go under the name of peter kay. Can be funny when he really tries, but otherwise its just observational humour. Makes me giggle by saying " welcome to peter kaye" like it/he is an event.
He may be big enough (quite literally) to hold an event, but I know that's not the point.

I've already said too much and I am at increasing risk of sounding like teh geek so I'll can it now.

As you were... :wink:

Rouni Kenshin#1
30th August 2005, 01:26 AM
Citti Nova is a very smooth running track and free play phanome can be fun but i think that Vinetia K is the cost visiually apealing to just run 50 times or so without stoping.

The under the water is just the coolest thing ever.