PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Developers

NonSTOP_Service
23rd August 2005, 05:38 AM
Who EXACTLY developed wipeout fusion? I know that it was published by bam! But my freind was telling me the other day that the reason Fusion is so far from Wipeout's roots is cause it was made by a different development team all together.

I haven't really seen any evidence that this is true. But I really can't find any info saying otherwise either.

Anyone know anything?

Mobius
23rd August 2005, 09:05 AM
Nope, it was made by Studio Liverpool which used to be named Psygnosis. The only wipeout they didn't make was Wipeout 3.

Lance
23rd August 2005, 12:11 PM
while that is true, the actual people involved were not the same. only the first two games were designed by the same group. each successive game thereafter was designed by an essentially or even entirely different set of people

Sausehuhn
23rd August 2005, 01:49 PM
I heard that a team started the game - but when it was nearly finished it did not really look cool so another team made the best they could do to let the game look better and so on.

So that is what I've heard one time. After I'm reading and posting in this forums for more than a year I'm really not sure if this is the truth - because you get so many informations here you haven't heard of before! :)

Kansas
23rd August 2005, 05:01 PM
Is it sad that I enjoy the original WipeOut with all its shortcomings a hell of a lot more than Fusion?

I unlocked all the ships on Fusion and I have to ask myself why the hell they all have the same #$%! paint scheme.

IMHO, WipeOut 3 is the best of the original four. Yes, XL redefined the whole genre, but W3 took it a step further. Kinda like GTA 3 and GTA: Vice City.

I stopped playing Fusion. It pisses me off.

NonSTOP_Service
25th August 2005, 05:16 AM
I totally agree. But now I'm confused? Who made wipeout 3? Cause so far I like 3 the best.

infoxicated
25th August 2005, 07:04 AM
The Psygnosis/Sony studio in Leeds - which was shut down shortly after Wipeout 3 Special Edition was released.

Kansas
25th August 2005, 05:27 PM
I think the day that studio shut down might have been the same day that I nearly broke elbow in jiu-jitsu sparring...

Space Cowboy
25th August 2005, 05:28 PM
The day that Studio Leeds was shut down was a dark day indeed :(

Lance
25th August 2005, 06:20 PM
i have to give a lot of credit to Wayne Imlach and the whole Leeds team; they did a great job in a very short itme. it's surprising how complete and thorough a job they did, and how fresh a look it is at the original concept

Space Cowboy
25th August 2005, 06:25 PM
WO3 has a very special place in my heart, and always will do. Its my favourite WO to date. Like you said Lance, its a fresh look at the original and has all the magic. :)
Hats off to Studio Leeds. 8)

Kansas
25th August 2005, 08:10 PM
Somewhere, right now, Curly is smiling...

~tee hee~