PDA

View Full Version : best superweapon

zaarock
1st April 2002, 03:55 PM
another poll :D

Bob Todd
1st April 2002, 06:04 PM
I love using the Nitro Rocket... I fire it at an enemy, then home in for the kill; bashing it to oblivion with one whack with my superiorly-shielded Tigron.

The Power Swarm is pretty cool too; the little droids make a nice whooshy sound on being released. When I use it, I like to say in a demonic voice, 'fly, my sweet messengers of doom'.
And it's damn scary when it's being used against you.

I unlocked Piranha only today (took me weeks to beat that f'in' Metis League!), and I'm disappointed with the Penetrator... it doesn't look very dramatic and the controller doesn't even vibrate on impact.

And I HATE the bio-snare. It's got no lock on when I'm using it, and when it's being used against me it's almost impossible to avoid unless it's in a free-roaming area. And It's worse than a Shockwave and an ElectroBolt (God, I miss that) put together!

rhys
1st April 2002, 08:03 PM
shield drain is good!
no need 4 pits anymore :wink:

Anastasia
2nd April 2002, 02:28 PM
My all time favourite is............wait for it...........ORBITAL LASER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the ORBITAL LASER :D

Runners up are nitro rockets and shield drain.

Ana :D

Hyper Shadow
4th April 2002, 05:05 PM
Nah, The Super Missiles just rock!!!

Lock all three on and BOOM! instant elimination YEAHHHHH BABY!!

Confusion
4th April 2002, 09:26 PM
I'm torn between Nitro Rockets, Power Swarm and Penetrator. Ntro Rockets are by far the best offensive superweapon in the game IMHO. Power Swarm can be very deadly against the poorly shielded craft... and Penetrator is damned good for setting lap times.

Nitro Rockets get my vote because of the sheer power of the weapon. One blast and a quick tap or a missile and it's all over.

Sven
25th June 2002, 03:57 AM
Super Missiles (I haven't tried the penetrator yet). I almost voted for the seismic feild, but the missiles lock on. The seismic field is almost as hard to get a good hit with as the plasma bolt. when you get a good hit, it sure is effective though.
The bio snare works great when you're towards the front of the field, but it doesn't get you elims. I kind of like it though, it's like a combination of a force wall and a shock wave.
The power swarm doesn't really suit me well. it's not really that explosive and it's not really that powerful.
The sheild drain is a useful tool, but it's too bad it doesn't show up more often. It also doesn't do much if your sheilds are already pretty full.
Nitro rockets are indeed good for knocking people off, like if you have a specific challenger you need to do away with, but I have trouble actually getting the elimination counted for me. I launch it as soon as I get a lock, and by the time I catch up to them, they've already hit a wall or something =P.
And was anyone else disappointed by the orbital laser's effect? I mean, sure the column of light raining down from the heavens looks great, but I was expecting a bit more sound than a few beeps. More like the death star's superlaser is what I had in mind. And maybe a slight delay between the button press and the actual firing would have been nice too. It takes more than no time for light to cover such distances, you know. It's also a bit limiting on where you can fire it.

fusionfrenzy
21st November 2002, 06:19 PM
My favourite is definately the SEISMIC FIELD! you only have to get up close to them and then SMASH them with a massive black hole! I fly in Van-Uber just to use it.
I think you should be able to put your favourite super weapon onto any team.....still.......

DJ Techno
23rd November 2002, 08:15 PM
My favorite-Pirhana's Penetrator (Human Missle) :D
With a very devistating impact and effect on your opponent.
leave's them stunned for hours, asking themselve "What happend"
you tell them "I don't know :-? "
:lol:

Neo-phyte A10
17th December 2002, 08:33 AM
Well that about says it I suppose. I'm a big fan of EGR anyhow, and I think the Power Swarm is by far the coolest weapon available. I like firing it off at the long spiral on Mandrashee and watching the little bots take over whoever's ahead of me ... hehe ...

NPA10

Piranha Advancements
19th December 2002, 08:22 AM
Practicality,I'd say Super Missiles,Power Swarm or Shield Drain.Too bad Penetrator is like a double-edged sword

Fatal
22nd December 2002, 11:13 AM
what exactly does shield drain do ? does it affect u as well ?

btw , power swarm is grossly overrated. it doesnt slow them down and only takes away a third of my shield when used against me.

bunkergate.7
18th February 2003, 06:21 AM
I love penetrator
-fast like a boost, but stands longer
-a better autopilot than the weapon itself
-kamikaze (costs MUCH energy)
-and in the end it's the superweapon of my favourite ship!

Bei Adrenalinmangel wird ihnen wipeout empfohlen.

piranha wiper
3rd June 2004, 12:40 PM
it's the superweapon of my favourite ship

that much is true penetrator is very nice but a shame to be devastating to the crafts energy as well unlucky because piranha(the best team) have not much energy any way even fully upgraded!

DaMiGi63
9th October 2004, 04:32 AM
To answer Fatal's question,Shield Drain will suck away all the shield energy from another craft and leave it exposed to anything else that you hit it with :twisted: ,thats what i like about it :wink: ,I've won many a race when I've used Xios and Natasha 8) ,
GO XIOS!!!!!!!!!! :D :twisted:

pask765
15th August 2011, 01:28 PM
Shield Drain is the best super weapon because you can gain shielding without going to the pitlane and it is an auto-target weapon. Oh, and it is only available to the Xios team which I use most of the time.

XR_GTR
15th August 2011, 06:04 PM
Best superweapon...

Tough question. In long races it is very needed to get a shield drain because the pits are very difficult to reach for. But short tracks, with pits close by, I think Super Missile is best. I think shield drains are the best all-round but my heart is set on Super Missiles for actually eliminating rivals.

Koleax
17th August 2011, 07:52 PM
Isn't the gravity bomb a super weapon? Hmm.

I'll go with super missiles, then. They just look and sound so brilliant. I like to fire them at nothing, just to see them go. :)

terakihi
7th September 2011, 12:37 PM
I gotta say i love the seismic field, just due to the flashiness of it :)
but the shield drain is probably my fave

Challenger #001
7th September 2011, 04:35 PM
Orbital Strike and Seismic Field have the awesome factor going for them, but the one I always scream in terror at is the Power Swarm. I know it's kinda overrated, but it's the psychological factor. "Get them off me, get them off meeeeee"

The Bio Snare was the final nail in the coffin for G-Tech

Flint Fandango
13th September 2011, 05:56 PM
To be honest, I don´t like Fusion at all, but Penetrator sounds way too awesome to ignore this poll!

I´ve never seen any of the superweapons in action, but it must be the ultimate infestation if it has such a name! :g

Hilarious! :D