PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I finally got it....

RJ O'Connell
20th August 2005, 10:04 PM
First impressions:

- I'm having to steer into corners earlier, the control nub isn't exactly 100% responsive.
- The graphics are the best ever in any WipeOut installment (better than Fusion. Ha.)
- Haven't delved into online play yet, but look out for me just in case. :wink:

I'll give you more as I play more.

Space Cowboy
20th August 2005, 10:27 PM
hehehe :) Glad you're enjoying it mate. I agree that the gfx are better than Fusion (apart from the ship models, they are way better in Fusion, apart from the actual design of course).
Once you get used to the way Pure works its pretty simple, I personally havent got on well with the analogue nub, but then again I've always played WO on the digi pad.

Drakkenmensch
20th August 2005, 10:42 PM
I agree that the nub feels weird at first, but if you stick to it, you'll really be rewarded in the faster speed classes with the extra precision that this analog controller can provide.

Rouni Kenshin#1
20th August 2005, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the psp wipeout and just my advice but, stick with the nub it will pay off in the higher speed classes. And by the way could you please respond to my post on the Evoultion Engine topic that you last posted on. if you have the time of corse.

Sven
20th August 2005, 11:32 PM
The graphics aren't better than Fusion, if you really look at them. But who's doing that at 800km/h.

Space Cowboy
20th August 2005, 11:47 PM
The environments may be not, but if you look at the ship models, Fusions are way better. The PS2 just ahs the raw power to render so many more polys than the PSP so its to be expected :(

Rouni Kenshin#1
21st August 2005, 01:12 AM
don't quote me on this but i think the psp has the ability to render just as well as the ps2 but most of the games won't do so as to avoid humungo load time. And the opening sequence is one of the most buetiful things i have ever seen.

Lance
21st August 2005, 02:57 AM
according to the specs, the rendering abilities of the PSP and the PS2 are not very far apart

Purist
21st August 2005, 07:47 AM
Don't get me wrong I love SONY's new baby but contrarily to popular belief.... the PSP's 'power' is only 1/3 of the PS2.

Drakkenmensch
21st August 2005, 03:03 PM
I've noticed over the years that what makes a good game, ultimately, is not the maximum available power of the console but rather how the developpers manage to use it. I've seen some pretty awesome tricks done with the limited power of the NES and Commodore 64 processing power!

RJ O'Connell
21st August 2005, 03:16 PM
The controls feel a bit easier now that I've gotten used to them. I really like how these crafts handle - not like Fusion's. I've been using AG-Sys a lot, it's a great craft regardless of it's top speed. Which isn't really that much of a factor because I usually go from 8th to 1st by the first lap anyway. :lol:

Rouni Kenshin#1
21st August 2005, 07:15 PM
every gets a ship that they like best, mine is harimau, but the controls are good. you don't see much which ship is better around here because that ship has sailed. And Drakkenmensch is right, the quility of graphics does not directily reflect the system but the artist.

Sven
21st August 2005, 07:56 PM
don't quote me on this but i think the psp has the ability to render just as well as the ps2 but most of the games won't do so as to avoid humungo load time.Also battery life concerns...

The PSP has some different tricks up its sleeve than the PS2 does. Like parametric surface rendering and vertex compression...or something.