PDA

View Full Version : Classic Pack 2

Ally Graham
20th August 2005, 11:15 AM
Do we have any date for the US download yet?

Drakkenmensch
20th August 2005, 11:51 AM
Nothing so far... even IGN who is usually the first to leap on Pure download release news doesn't have a thing on it, neither does pspupdates... and so do we wait with baited breath.

*fires up the ol' Piranha for a spin on Altima VII to kill some time*

Space Cowboy
20th August 2005, 11:55 AM
My guess is the first couple of weeks in September, similar to that of classic pack 1.
This is just a guess afterall.

Lance
20th August 2005, 01:59 PM
bated [short version of 'abated'], not ''baited''. whole different thing. :)

and now... ta Daaah...
back to the topic ;)

Drakkenmensch
20th August 2005, 02:10 PM
Oh no! My french speaking roots have betrayed me again! Time for a final wrestling grudge match between Moliere and Shakespeare, Texas cage deathmatch style!

The thought occurs that two skinny authors might not prove much of a show, so we should free to add a couple of 300-pound brutes as contenders in a free-for-all brawl to make things more interesting.

The further thought occurs that I have too much time on my hands. :wink:

Lance
20th August 2005, 08:43 PM
Moliere Light: Tastes great, Less filling?

Megatron42
25th August 2005, 09:23 PM
Ugh. Lance, ... just ... ugh.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next pack as well. Those 10 medals got earned way too fast...

randomperson1
26th August 2005, 03:29 PM
The Classic Pack 2 must be added soon... it's been almost 4 weeks since the last one.
perhaps sony will start releasing the classic packs again on september 1st... :?:

P.S. Am I the only one who can't access the pure site :?:

coolguy2000
31st August 2005, 06:25 PM
Classic Pack 2 is now available on the Official wipeout pure site.

lunar
31st August 2005, 06:38 PM
well spotted - great first post :D

downloading on PSP now - then time to play. 8)

Hellfire_WZ
31st August 2005, 06:50 PM
Could someone list what's in it so I can update the guide? After what happened with the last pack I wouldn't trust that site as far as I could throw it! :)

Sumimasen
31st August 2005, 07:14 PM
Just Starting it up now...

I can also confirm that the web based download works with the latest version of Safari on a Mac. Which is good news for us Mac owners!!!

Yeah the web site is right - Odessa Keys & Porto Kora + Van Uber and Tigron skins.

Ally Graham
31st August 2005, 07:20 PM
It is not showing up for me!

Ally Graham
31st August 2005, 07:23 PM
Scrap that, is now showing up.

Good to see that they have updated the download screens also.

Dogg Thang
31st August 2005, 07:29 PM
Ah, excellent news! Well spotted. Welcome to the boards!

No Icaras! Makes me think that there will only be 3 packs, not 4 as listed on the JP site.

Edit: Oh my god! This pack is amazing! Porta Kora looks exactly what I'd want a virtual version to look like! It's beautiful.

X
31st August 2005, 08:15 PM
I just noticed that Gamma pack is available for download in EU.

Sumimasen
31st August 2005, 08:29 PM
:hyper

I agree with Dogg - the new pack is LOVELY! Porto Kora is a great remake - even the colours used scream W'O"3, and the track plays beautifully. Nice one SL!!!

Odessa Keys is great also. Totally different in style and look to the 2097 original. The bright blue sky makes it look more like Sol 2's evil twin! :twisted:

Nice to have two new skins, but TBH, IMO they are not quite as good as the Goteki one in the last DL. And that isn't as nice as the JP Continue skin... It's all good though, and the more DL content the better! Keep 'em coming!

:D

... Now I REALLY want Icaras!!! Roll on Classic Pack 3!

Vortex
31st August 2005, 08:34 PM
Wow, actual downloadable content at last!

Worth the wait though, I agree with all you guys that the new remakes do look great. The skins are cool too but not spectacular, think I will stick with the Goteki for now.

Just that last pack with Icaras left then.

dohdoh
31st August 2005, 09:12 PM
i downloaded all 3 gamma packs and classic pack 1 successfully to my mem stick. i start the game and i cant find any new skins or anything :/
can somebody please-please help me?
my psp is jap 1.5 version

Vortex
31st August 2005, 09:23 PM
Ho Dodoh, welcome to the forum.

What version of Pure do you have, and what territory are the downloads from?

You can only run the US downloads if you have the US version of Pure, same for the Japanese and imminent European version.

Hellfire_WZ
31st August 2005, 09:24 PM
Packs need to be in PSP/SAVEDATA in their original decompressed folders

aesop
31st August 2005, 09:41 PM
Liking the new content.

Anyone else got a ****ed up skin menu though? The bottom's cut off like before (no shock there), but now when you scroll back up the skins are going through the text bordering the top.

Hellfire_WZ
31st August 2005, 09:47 PM
Yeah, that was the same with the Japanese content as well.

Ally Graham
31st August 2005, 10:05 PM
I've reported that problem on these boards before.

aesop
31st August 2005, 10:12 PM
Yeah, but at that point this problem wasn't effecting me. Now it is.

YOYO
31st August 2005, 11:28 PM
I was too zoned out to even notice the pack came out until I saw the topic. Its time to get another memory stick :cry: . This pack has me hyped though...can't wait to try Porta Kora. Hopefully its a good as eveyone says it is :)

yawnstretch
31st August 2005, 11:31 PM
Oh man Porta Kora is fantabulous.

Loving it loving it.

Feels like wipeout 1 and 2097 combined - the atmosphere of one with a taste of 2097 and no small measure of pure originality.

Wipeout PurE: Best game ever.

Edit: I realise this is a wip3out track but I wasnt into 3 as much as 1 or 2097...

G'Kyl
1st September 2005, 07:02 PM
Should I dare writing this? Well...yes. ;) Anyway, the thing is I don't like the new classic tracks as much as I liked any of the other. Porta Kora is nice, but unspectacular. I don't feel like it's adding anything new to the game. It is too simple and lacks some attitude in terms of graphics. Granted, it is still great, but alse somewhat bleak.

And then there is Odessa Keys - my least favourite track from XL. What's good is that they took out some of the nasty parts and made flying there very smooth - too smooth, though, if you ask me, which makes it feel similarily bleak as PK.

And then there is one more subjective argument: I DON'T like brown! ;) I so loved the red environment from Altima and was hoping for something similar to come with the other tracks... Objectively speaking, I guess different colours is a good thing, though.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the FX300 classic track simulation department seems to be making progress in creating richer environments for its courses? :)

Ben

element42
1st September 2005, 07:54 PM
And then there is Odessa Keys - my least favourite track from XL. me too

What's good is that they took out some of the nasty parts and made flying there very smooth - too smooth, though, if you ask me I agree. none of the corners feel like corners any more!

lunar
1st September 2005, 08:15 PM
while Odessa Keys looks lovely, has great custom sfx and is the best OK yet - its still not a great track design - compared to others. Its always been a track that looks to slow you down, not dare you to go fast..... although this distinction is hard to define. This quality of the track design hasn`t been removed. I love the burble sound you get under those structures overhead - I wonder if they`re holding the track up?

And having said that, it looks absolutely stunning - if it wasn`t for the stripey sky it could be a "real" track. I will play it lots of course, but PK provides a much better play feeling, for me, and suits the physics of Pure better too. The first hill/chicane is lovely. Its perhaps not as great as Pure`s Altima which is very popular on Kai - mainly because of the hang then speed rush feeling as you come over the hill onto the long straight.

One thing about the Classics in Pure is that they really come to life on Phantom. This seems very much the case with Porto Kora - its so much more alive when things speed up. On the FX300 tracks I like any class, but with the classics it has to be Phantom.

yawnstretch
1st September 2005, 10:43 PM
Edited quotation Lance please dont delete

PK provides a much better play feeling, for me, and suits the physics of Pure better too.

One thing about the Classics in Pure is that they really come to life on Phantom. This seems very much the case with Porto Kora - its so much more alive when things speed up.

That's exactly what I thought!
I hope that the future pay-downloads for WipEout PurE make tracks that suit PurE's physics like PK does. It's a tiny bit forgiving yes - but unlike CN it seems as though the track designers had a chance to fly the ships before designing. And you can still push yourself on PK despite its seemingly easy corners.

PK feels very wipeout to me. Pure is as always a true work of wonderous genius. Well done Studio Liverpool 8)

lunar
5th September 2005, 10:08 AM
Well I think need a little contrition regarding what I said about Odessa Keys - its still not great on the slow classes but I`ve played it on Phantom now and it takes off, 8O , literally. You can barrel roll virtually half the way round - almost as much as you can on PK. The fastest ships on these tracks could well be the ones with enough shield energy to support 15 barrel rolls in a race.

eLhabib
5th September 2005, 11:32 AM
I am totally impressed with PK and OK. they continue the same great form started with Altima, and they're not even shortened much! The designers only wussed out the hairpins a bit, and took out the nasty chicane at the start of OK ( :cry: ), but other than that the tracks feel very authentic. Also, you gotta love the graphical style of OK. Personally, I refer to it as the 'whipped cream land' - a sweet dream in blueish white with wonderful anime-style gravlifts making the coolest sound ever *wewewewewewewe* - AMAZING.

Drakkenmensch
5th September 2005, 12:16 PM
Have you noticed that at the starting line of Porto Kora, you can hear the flags flapping in the wind? :)

eLhabib
5th September 2005, 12:23 PM
actually there's a lot of tracks with flapping flags at the grid... in fact, I think EVERY track except for the zone and classic1 tracks has those...