PDA

View Full Version : Track Editer would be nice.

Rouni Kenshin#1
18th August 2005, 11:59 PM
Ok, great idea here, they make a track creation/editer that you can download from the web but it is a computer program. Then you can take you tracks and insert them on your memmory stick like a downlaodable pack.

I once saw bioware do somthing similar with the game Neverwinternights. They included in the intall disk a repelica of the program they made and used to make the game. You could littierly create you own game within the Forgotten Relms. I had so much fun messing with that.

eLhabib
19th August 2005, 12:07 AM
like that's EVER gonna happen... :(
I would love to have something like that, even if the selfmade tracks only have very basic graphics like the prototypes of w3o:SE.

Rouni Kenshin#1
19th August 2005, 12:13 AM
Well they could sell it like the Halo 2 map pack on a disk for cheap.
and of corse the graphics woudl not be as good, but they might be able to choose a skin like a zone style or one of the 2 classic styles to use to make it better.

Drakkenmensch
19th August 2005, 12:14 AM
The real fun in Neverwinter Nights was going online to play in privately owned servers with persistent worlds and regular players. I made several friends there, and had many adventures with remarkable people. Morrowind also had a fantastic editor that allowed for truly astonishing user-created content.

Dogg Thang
19th August 2005, 06:14 AM
There was a PS2 futuristic racing game with a track editor. I can't remember what it was called and it could have been rubbish but it shows it's possible. I would think a track editor is quite a tough thing to create and I'm sure it's not high up there on the list of priorities but, after all of the content is released, it would ensure that there is still loads of life in Pure.

Purist
19th August 2005, 06:28 AM
No sir.... I don't like it, I think the only folk that should be making tracks are tha guys 'upstairs' :wink:

With regards to racing/car titles, whatever version they enevitably put the 'track editor' in usually spells the death for a series. WipEout's had a new lease of life... let's not kill it off just yet 8O

Sven
19th August 2005, 02:33 PM
With regards to racing/car titles, whatever version they enevitably put the 'track editor' in usually spells the death for a series.The funny thing is, I so want to dispute you, but I can't!

Personally, I love track editors, or level editors of any kind. I had great fun making a few StarCraft maps with StarEdit, and taking them online to play with people. Loads of fun. Then there was Re/Volt, and Rally Cross 2, and some motorcycle game...

I remember hearing from Colin or Egg here that the tracks were basically just built in Maya. I imagine they had some studio tools to program where the pads and walls and stuff were. So they could just release whatever they used to build the tracks. Even though it may be too complex for many users to make tracks with, I'm sure there would be many who'd go all out with it, and supply us with new tracks to no end.

Then the trouble becomes navigating the league/track menu...

Dogg Thang
19th August 2005, 02:35 PM
The track editor in Micro Machines '96 was limited but astounding fun. I'd say it's much harder to do well in 3D though...

fusionfrenzy
19th August 2005, 10:10 PM
There was a PS2 futuristic racing game with a track editor

I think you're on about Hypersonic Extreme. I never got it but I did see screens- I was really excited for that about 4 years back especially when I saw the track editor, but the game vanished :? .

Rouni Kenshin#1
19th August 2005, 10:57 PM
purist, i understand you attacthment to the game and do think that nothing we could do could ever match the stuff you guys pump, really, out but have you never gotten a game and loved it and eventually you just stoped playing because you just did everthying? A track editor after the content is done could add so much replay value that the game could last for another 3 years after you beat it. And after all after the gameplay the replay value is the 2nd motst importatnt factor in buying a game.

Zero [RG] [HG]
19th August 2005, 11:02 PM
Personally, I love track editors, or level editors of any kind. I had great fun making a few StarCraft maps with StarEdit, and taking them online to play with people. Loads of fun.

I'm trying to do something like a WipE'Out'' type map, but I can't really get the triggers right for the walls... I don't want to use ground units because AG craft "fly", right? and if I use Vultures they would all be the same speed.

workers suck.

Oh well, I like track/map/level editors as well.

Sven
20th August 2005, 03:40 PM
Use Terran Vultures, they're hover vehicles :wink:

Race maps in StarCraft are usually kinda dumb though :?

Drakkenmensch
20th August 2005, 03:45 PM
Someone made a Warcraft 3 race map, available for download on the net, I haven't tried it though, so I couldn't tell you how well that worked out.

RJ O'Connell
20th August 2005, 11:55 PM
fusionfrenzy: Actually it was released for $10 a couple of years ago. Don't buy it. Trust me, it's pretty bad...

Zero [RG] [HG]
21st August 2005, 06:13 PM
Race of Death used Vultures. it sucked.

EDIT: I need the mapeditor that creates straight up walls (square blocks) so the locations can fit them right. oh, and I really don't want to use the point system, I want laps. this is hard. :(

edit by Lance: redundant quotation eliminated.

Lion
22nd August 2005, 06:20 AM
Someone made a Warcraft 3 race map, available for download on the net, I haven't tried it though, so I couldn't tell you how well that worked out.
it's available directly from blizzard's site. it plays much like mario kart.