PDA

View Full Version : PAL \ NTSC \ Jap versions + online play

element42
17th August 2005, 04:50 PM
So, when I'll be getting my PSP at midnight on 1/9, I'll be getting the PAL copy of Pure. Do you think it's worth me getting the NTSC (and possibly Jap) copy for Xlink play?

eLhabib
17th August 2005, 05:28 PM
it will be definitely worth getting the US version for online play, the JAP version is only interesting for it's extra content.

Drakkenmensch
17th August 2005, 05:41 PM
That, and for the simple that everything is spelled out in japanese characters, if that sort of thing works for you :D

Sumimasen
17th August 2005, 05:52 PM
... Think it may be an idea to add that English menus ARE available in JP Pure, so the language barrier shouldn't be an issue...

*off topic alert!* Just noticed how many of eLhabib's posts are followed up by Drak... Would make an interesting stat! :P

lunar
17th August 2005, 06:04 PM
Its the same pattern on the track too - ElHabib gets in first and Drak right after. :wink: Though to be fair Drak does win a fair amount of the time.

You will need the US version, Mo, as its the standard one for Kai and will probably continue to be. I reckon more than 50% of the players on there are from the US or Canada, and some of them are actually not too bad :P Also you will be able to enjoy loads of downloadable stuff straightaway. I don`t want to speak for the others, but I expect at least one reason we`ll continue with the US version is that there`s going to be a much bigger choice of ships, tracks and tournaments for a long time until euroland catches up.

Drakkenmensch
17th August 2005, 07:08 PM
*rubs hands maniacally* During our last faceoffs, his winning leads have been growing thinner than in our first races - you're slipping eL, you're slipping!!! Bwa ha ha ha!!!

element42
17th August 2005, 07:20 PM
so how much unique content is there for the Jap versions?
(i'm going on ebay NOW to buy a NTSC Pure)

Sumimasen
17th August 2005, 07:54 PM
AFAIK the US and JAP versions will share the same basic content (Classic/Gamma/Delta packs) the UK will get the Omega packs in addition to these.

The JP one has so far had (or had announced) Continue, Coca Cola and Wire05 downloads.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Probably am...

Also, eL, you want me to quote Vin Diesel in 'The Fast and the Furious', or do you wanna do it? :wink:

Edit: "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile - winning is winning!" :D

eLhabib
17th August 2005, 08:13 PM
haven't seen that movie (luckily), so, please, go ahead!