PDA

View Full Version : eBay gave me no luck so...

syckls
15th August 2005, 05:06 PM
Do any of you kind souls have a free (free to sell to someone, not "gratis" free) copy of Wipeout XL? I'll gladly pay for it and shipping, and I only need the disc since that was the only thing that was messed up.

Another thing I'm interested in is a PAL Playstation or PS1. I so very badly want to play WO3:SE... I'll take care of voltage adapters myself.

infoxicated
16th August 2005, 07:36 AM
For PC or for PS?

syckls
16th August 2005, 05:01 PM
Playstation. I just remembered that now that you posted; thanks.

syckls
17th August 2005, 04:39 AM
Actually, I no longer need Wipeout XL, but an answer. Has anyone experienced freezing on the congratulation message after Challenge 1?

eLhabib
17th August 2005, 07:23 AM
YES. I think there is no way to get past challenge 1 on a PS2. No clue as to why that is tho... :(

element42
17th August 2005, 02:10 PM
and a further warning, the congratulations screen on challenge 2 will freeze on a PS2 if you press any buttons while it is running.

syckls
17th August 2005, 04:56 PM
Thank you very much. I will return the copy from my local game trading store and give back the money the guy on eBay refunded me.

I'm still go for the PAL PS1 though... :)

eLhabib
17th August 2005, 05:31 PM
why would you give it back just because of that??? It WILL work fine once you have your PS1, and you can also cheat unlock evrything, which is okay since the game wouldn't let you unlock it.

fusionfrenzy
17th August 2005, 08:08 PM
I'll sell you my beloved (in a drawer) pal ps1 for the right price, as long as you paid postage costs which I suspect would be rather large if you're in America...

syckls
18th August 2005, 06:12 AM
You don't mean to tell me those £30 shipping prices for Duos are legit? (Maybe that's an extreme example...)

The problem with that, eL, is Wipeout XL is not a PAL game. Maybe if my friend hasn't already sold his NTSC, I can keep it.

fusionfrenzy, what would the right price be?

fusionfrenzy
19th August 2005, 10:14 PM
The right price....£15. Not terrible to say I paid £140 for it waaaaay back. It's a big fat PSX and hasn't got analog sticks on the controllers (like i said its ancient), but if you want it....

syckls
20th August 2005, 03:12 AM
Aaarrghh! UPS calculated the shipping price to be £50! I'm afraid I can't make such a purchase at present time. If I am lucky enough to find a job at my age, I'll get back to you.

fusionfrenzy
20th August 2005, 07:38 PM
Oooh, that is a bit steep. Still, if you do win the lottery feel free to ask again :wink: .

syckls
21st August 2005, 03:46 AM
Yeah, I'll start playing avidly in four years :D