PDA

View Full Version : Different Japanese versions?

Hellfire_WZ
14th August 2005, 09:00 AM
I've had an email from someone and a topic on GameFAQs (probably the same person) claiming that his Japanese version doesn't have an on-line option in the main menu. Seems a bit strange to me, but I don't want to send him out to get a new copy without checking if there were any versions that were supposed to be like this. Apparently his manual was in both Chinese and Japanese, which makes me think it's not just a normal Japanese version. Any thoughts? :?

eLhabib
14th August 2005, 11:20 AM
sonds to me like he's got the 'asian' version, which is sold in thailand, korea, etc. Since Sony doesn't have active departments there, I would figure there is noone to support the downloadable content, hence they probably left the whole download option out.

Drakkenmensch
14th August 2005, 01:45 PM
He might want to check the packaging of his game. On the back, near the bottom right, a japanese version would read as Zone 2 "FOR JAPAN ONLY"

Hellfire_WZ
14th August 2005, 02:57 PM
Ah, he said it was Zone 3. That might explain it. Which region is that, East Asia?

Drakkenmensch
14th August 2005, 03:00 PM
from www.its-digitalmedia.com:

Zone 1: North America
Zone 2: Europe, Japan, South Africa, Israel, Lebanon, Middle-East.
Zone 3: Korea
Zone 4: South America and Australia
Zone 5: Russia, North-East countries, Africa.
Zone 6: China
Zone 7: Reserved
Zone 8: Special international venues (airplanes, cruise ships, etc.)

The more you know *little sparkly shooting star*

Lance
14th August 2005, 03:21 PM
North-east countries?

Space Cowboy
14th August 2005, 05:37 PM
Some countries have multiple versions. When I was in Singapore two weeks ago I saw both the US and the Jap versions in stores. Malaysia & Thailand have both too. Wether or not that was intended is anyones guess, but small market stalls and vendors seemed to have both copies available.

Purist
1st November 2005, 09:40 AM
Can anyone tell me if the boxart is different for the Korean version... I HAVE asked this already with no joy! :cry:

Distrupto
1st November 2005, 10:24 AM
I have the Asian version of WOP. It has a serial number with UCAS, no "online" option, no downloads at all, an AG-Sys, FEISAR and exploding Assegai on the cover and a manual in English, Chinese and Japanese. The worst part is that it doesnt even support downloads, meaning I only got half of the game for the price. :evil: Hopefully I might be able to get the Japanese or Korean version by December.

The Korean and Jap versions have the "online" option and r UCKS and UCJS.

Jittery-Joe
1st November 2005, 04:38 PM
North-east countries?
Yeah.. What???
The North East is just Russia, isn't it?