PDA

View Full Version : Livery Mode...

Sumimasen
13th August 2005, 08:49 AM
I've just reached 130 Golds in the JP version of Pure, and just realised that Livery Mode is not yet open...

I have a total of about 138 golds on my US version, and I opened Livery Mode ages ago on that. Does the Japanese version have alternate liveries, and if so, does anyone know what amount of golds do you need to unlock them?

Very perplexing... :?

Hellfire_WZ
13th August 2005, 08:56 AM
Strange, I got mine at the same time as the Medievil ship. What medals do you have so far?

Tea.BaG
13th August 2005, 09:02 AM
I think it depends on where you have achived the golds, Like completeing zones gives you zones ship ect

Hellfire_WZ
13th August 2005, 09:07 AM
That's what I was thinking. When I did it I went through everything in order, and I'd already finished the Zone tracks when I got it. If anyone can find out the exact condition to unlock it, I'll give them a mention in my guide.

Drakkenmensch
13th August 2005, 09:16 AM
The Livery mode is opened after you score a Gold medal on the Flash Ascension tournament... did you get THAT gold or did you just get a bronze or silver to unlock Rapier and leave it at that?

Sumimasen
13th August 2005, 09:27 AM
Working through everything in order, so I'm just coming up to the Flash Ascension Tourney (I now have golds on everything on Vector and Venom, and just missing a couple of TTs and tourneys on Flash). I just assumed that it was opened after a certain number of golds, not a specific one.

Thanks for the help guys, will do the tourney in question this morning and then report back... (should give you a definitive answer for your guide Hellfire, which is superb, by the way!)

8)

Drakkenmensch
13th August 2005, 09:46 AM
You know, that's true... there's more than enough tracks now to get over 140 without even beating the Flash Ascension tournament! Gotta love the downloadables :D

Sumimasen
13th August 2005, 10:25 AM
Just had THE MOST FRUSTRATING tournament in the world EVER!!! :evil:

When I play W'O"P, I sometimes get the feeling that my PSP hates my guts - and never more so than just now! Jeez, I can easily ace every Alpha and Beta single race at flash, every time, but for some reason, the computer took severe exception to me getting the gold this time...

I had a catalogue of weird occurences that could fill a whole thread, but the best ones were:

1. On the final lap at Chengou Project, the Medievil ship in second place hits me with a missile on the last lap. I drift to the outside of the track and stall, but then instead of hitting the barrier, I drift right through! Wusswagon puts me back in 6th place, WAY back on the track...

2. Hit the Medievil ship with 2 missiles, a rocket and then a plasma. It had no shield on, but it just carried on going (slowed a bit when the plasma made contact). Shouldn't that be enough to obliterate that piece of crap?!?

3. Medievil uses three boosts on a row to pull away from me on the final lap of Citta Nuova. Funny thing was, it didn't even pass any weapon pads to get them... :?

So, I quit the tourney after that, and nearly threw the PSP out of the window. I'll have another go later when I've calmed down a bit...

Jeez, I cannot believe that just happened - It's only FLASH for God's sake!!!

:evil: :roll: :evil:

eLhabib
13th August 2005, 11:16 AM
from what I remember (it has been a while since I raced that), flash ascension was one of the toughest tournaments of all. And the medievil ship, well, I hate it anyway, mights as well hate it some more... :D

Drakkenmensch
13th August 2005, 11:44 AM
The rockets and missiles don't do all that much damage, so unless you hit him with a double shot of plasma or at least one bomb in addition to that, it probably still had a SLIVER of shield left - just enough to cash in the gold medal and the podium bikini bunnies.

I'm re-earning everything in the japanese version right now - I just got the Flash Alpha gold - TIED with Tigron for first. I simply can't believe I finished fourth on Blue Ridge! I'm used to Phantom class for crying out loud.

Sumimasen
13th August 2005, 01:28 PM
Got the perfect tournament finish on Flash Ascension... And the gold!

It DID open up Livery Mode too, so that's obviously the criteria needed.

I'm glad you guys found that tourney quite tough too... Don't feel quite so feeble now, what with you being the Pure demons that you are! 8)

Phew! :D

Rouni Kenshin#1
14th August 2005, 03:12 PM
It might be where you see you gold medal count.

i had this problem :oops:

are you looking in stats or on the saved game count?

stats is every one you have ever gotten, even the ones that are repeats the saved game shows you actual gold medal count.

Drakkenmensch
14th August 2005, 03:22 PM
Livery mode has nothing to do with gold medal count. You could unlock it with as little as SIX golds, TOTAL.

Venom: Alpha, Beta, Ascension, unlock Flash.
Flash: Alpha, Beta, Ascension, and DONE!

CQFD.

holo
16th August 2005, 03:18 PM
you dont even need a gold in Ascension, i got a bronze and still unlocked it.

Everything online says just says "Complete Ascension" on flash class.