PDA

View Full Version : Here is some fairly interesting news - Coke PSP downloads

Mogaar
9th August 2005, 04:23 PM
From PSPWorld (http://www.pspworld.com/):

"Coke releasing Wipeout Pure downloads
Filed under Downloads on Aug 9, 2005
As part of their on-going PSP promotions, Coca-Cola Japan will be releasing Coke-related downloads for the game
Wipeout Pure, including new vehicles. It is unclear whether or not the downloads, which will be available starting August 11,
will be made available to North American owners of the game. [via Kotaku]"

Link: http://cokestyle.net/game/index2.html

And here are some screenshots: http://cokestyle.net/game/game02.html

Edited by Dogg: Just added what we are talking about to the topic title

Mobius
9th August 2005, 04:24 PM
It's Koltiwa again, just with a new livery.

Sausehuhn
9th August 2005, 04:28 PM
hehe, looks cool, doesn't it? I like the big cola-bottles! :D

Hellfire_WZ
9th August 2005, 04:32 PM
And by the looks of the silhouette, it is also the NX1000 (assuming) being rehashed.

aesop
9th August 2005, 04:32 PM
I await the Irn Bru transformation come PAL.

Drakkenmensch
9th August 2005, 04:44 PM
As an enthusiast of all things Wipeout, I strongly approve of this new livery. Now all we need is a PEPSI livery, and that would make some really INTERESTING tournaments! :twisted:

Kansas
9th August 2005, 04:58 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the Coke thing goes overboard? Maaaan, it's like the screen is vomiting Coca-Cola all over the place... If it was more subtle it woud be more effective. But this? This is overkill.

Sausehuhn
9th August 2005, 05:00 PM
is that another sky? 8O

Hellfire_WZ
9th August 2005, 05:20 PM
Could someone translate what's on the screenshots page? It looks like some sort of release schedule.

Lance
9th August 2005, 05:32 PM
ah, corporations. give 'em a millimeter and they'll take an extra kilometer.

[agrees with 'Kansas'; this is definitely overkill]

Dogg Thang
9th August 2005, 05:40 PM
Ick! Looks nasty. However, the nice thing about these downloads is that they aren't all that exclusive. If we had to endure Coke ads to play Koltiwa I'd think differently but this is fine for the people who like Coke ads I suppose.

Although for all the disgust at the idea of McDonalds ads, well, Coke is just about as close as you can get. In terms of marketing team-ups, I think the Wire05 connection was better.

Sumimasen
9th August 2005, 07:48 PM
I wish that stage 1 of my Japanese course covered writing and reading Katakana/Hiragana/Kanji, but unfortunatley, that will have to wait for stage 2...

Defo the Wire05 download is a better package, but hey! I've got my 512mb memory stick now, so any new downloads are cool with me! The Coca Cola ship looks pretty good, as well! I imagine that CC will still be around in 2197! :roll:

Hmmm... I wonder if the UK version will get any special downloads...

Maybe I should have a word at work to try and arrange a Dyson-themed pack! :P

...No, that idea sucks! :lol:

Rouni Kenshin#1
9th August 2005, 08:14 PM
COOL
and ver freeky.

i wiepout ship plastered with coke logos?
can't the corporations just leave us alone?

but does this make the downloadable content seem onsided the japanese get the region specific wire05 download and now this coke one too it just isn't fair.

o well. back to pure. 8)

lunar
9th August 2005, 08:24 PM
thank god this download doesn`t provide ships or tracks that can`t be accessed any other way. Compared to the brilliant design of the original game the whole thing looks a mess and I hate it.

yawnstretch
9th August 2005, 08:52 PM
SUBTLETY YOU MORONS

Good God. Advertisements in games have ZERO future unless a bit of common sense prevails.

Good idea - Over the Top implementation.

Childlikecake
9th August 2005, 08:59 PM
Anyone else miss the Red Bull ads of yesteryear? Red Bull was cool cause it was a little more 'under ground' than Coke. Less on the main stream, like the hacker's offical cola or something. And the ads were far more subtle (load screens from XL/2097 excluded). I just don't know about this Coke thing, where might we end up eventually? This track is brought to you by the good people at Nestlé? :wink:

Sumimasen
9th August 2005, 09:06 PM
* Thinks even worse ideas... *

"WipEout Pure! Now with WINGS!!!"

:roll:

eLhabib
9th August 2005, 10:37 PM
*looks at cola-ized tracks and ship, done so bluntly that it hurts his eyes*

now THAT is just PLAIN UGLY. and WRONG. it makes me hate cola even more. :blarg

Rouni Kenshin#1
9th August 2005, 11:20 PM
Sorry if i seem a little ignorant but can any one identify that ship that they plastered with coke stuff? :?

i thought it looked a lot like the Icarus on Lance's AV.

TMoney
10th August 2005, 03:35 AM
ah, gentlemen...

This isn't overkill.... this seems pretty close to reality in my opinion.

In whatever races we're having 100 years from now, if there truly are screens all over the place for advertising, wouldn't you think the main sponsor of the event would be seen everywhere?

The only limit today in advertising is useable space for advertising that's creatable for reasonable cost.

Lance
10th August 2005, 04:44 AM
we already have advert overkill in present day reality [as this exploit by Coca Cola demonstrates]; why extend it to our fantasies?

Animagic
10th August 2005, 05:50 AM
it's over kill because the coke content subverts the design and atmosphere of the game.

It would be nice if they worked it into the games billboards like all of the team ads in the game, but coke probably wouldn't want something so low key.

:\

its visually jarring.

Hellfire_WZ
10th August 2005, 06:52 AM
Sorry if i seem a little ignorant but can any one identify that ship that they plastered with coke stuff? :?

i thought it looked a lot like the Icarus on Lance's AV.

It's the NX1000 (or so we think), the one that was in the WIRE05 pack. I'm only gonna be getting this pack for the guide's sake, as soon as it's done it's coming off. I can't see the enjoyment in flying a Coke can inside a Coke can.

Purist
10th August 2005, 07:24 AM
Nice enough idea, but GOOD GOD that ship looks a bit pants... :?

Egg
10th August 2005, 09:54 AM
Cheers, Kev.

Anyhow, I found an English version of the release schedule here... (http://www.psp-vault.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=256)

eLhabib
10th August 2005, 11:35 AM
there's gonna be MORE of that sheit?! Good lord, save us from this capitalist spam! :(

Rapier Racer
10th August 2005, 12:02 PM
hmm I like my coco cola but they can clear off with that pish right now :evil:

infoxicated
10th August 2005, 12:06 PM
Oh, the humanity... how could they possibly be making you download their capitalist spam? :roll: :lol:

eLhabib
10th August 2005, 12:29 PM
I won't, but thousands of people WILL, and that will make COCA COLA think it's actually GOOD STUFF, and produce more of this crap!

Drakkenmensch
10th August 2005, 01:17 PM
.... or they will get fed up of seeing so many ads for that product and will swear to never buy it again, much like I got disgusted with the sheer amounts of TV ads for "Madagascar" a while back. Considering that the Wipeout crowd is a highly discriminating bunch, this may result in more of a backlash against the company than a rise in sales for Coke.

lunar
10th August 2005, 02:02 PM
Its hard to tell from that release schedule whether there would be any sponsor-exclusive ships or tracks. If I`m just missing out on awful ship-liveries and dog`s dinner branding I wouldn`t be too upset, at all upset infact, but if there were tracks or ships I couldn`t get any other way it would be the nightmare scenario..... and I suppose I would feel the pressure to come to the "party" like a good little consumer. Aaah, the cool refreshing taste of Wipeout.

I`m intrigued by the sound effects pack. What`s that going to be all about - someone yelling "Coke is it...." when you cross the finish line? The satisfying sound of a ring pull and bubbles after a victory? The sound of a can crunching as your rockets peel the metal from the side of a Triakis? I`m sure the marketing people could come up with far more hideous ideas than these.

As long as we`re only seeing surface rebranding I don`t really see any huge harm in it. There are some people who would actually quite enjoy flying around in a "World of Coke."

guinness
10th August 2005, 02:05 PM
Could've been worse: Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc.

Too bad they can't do a Guinness or Heineken (hate the beer, love the green) style design.

Kansas
10th August 2005, 04:00 PM
.... or they will get fed up of seeing so many ads for that product and will swear to never buy it again, much like I got disgusted with the sheer amounts of TV ads for "Madagascar" a while back. Considering that the Wipeout crowd is a highly discriminating bunch, this may result in more of a backlash against the company than a rise in sales for Coke.

Heeey... "Madagascar" is a great movie.

Drakkenmensch
10th August 2005, 04:34 PM
Whether it's a good movie or not isn't the point - the point is that I got so BOMBARDED by ads for it all over the place that I wasn't even WILLING to go watch it. I was sick of hearing about it before it even opened in movie theaters.

fusionfrenzy
10th August 2005, 06:34 PM
Well if you really wanted to actually harm coca cola, then you'd have to also steer clear of Fanta of all kinds, Dr.Pepper, Sprite, Lilt......in fact pretty much all you could drink is Pepsi or Tango since practically everything else is made by coca cola 8) .

Shame I love the stuff then. And anyway, more content, albeit coke-based, is better than none, right?? Hmmmm.....

Lance
10th August 2005, 08:45 PM
Dr. Pepper!!!!!? no!!!!! say it isn't so! i know that CC made a Dr. Pepper imitation called Mister Pibb, but i didn't know they'd bought the original. i hope it's not true. bastards try to own everything. like M*S* who buys out competitors.

yawnstretch
10th August 2005, 10:26 PM
Well I've a bottle of Dr. Pepper here (lovely stuff) and it's made by coca-cola :P

I will be honest. I am looking forward to this download but I do not believe that it was executed as carefully as it could have been. They've messed up.

Marketeers are failing their clients with these rush-jobs and here's why:

Advertisement overflow simply repels gamers from visiting the "ad environment" in question.
Many won't even bother downloading on seeing an ad-saturated screenshot. The people who do download out of curiosity won't play it for long either.

If consideration for the gamer is put to the forefront and the advertisement is planned with the game-playing audience in mind, the exposure to the advertisement will be more repetitive as the gamer repeatedly plays within an environment they are comfortable with. Their relationship with the brand is also likely to improve as their enjoyment is not being hindered but rather enhanced by the advertisement.

Here's one way it could have been done:

Firstly, the loadscreen has the coca-cola message. Simple. AND it appeals to the gamer because they're waiting anyway and their game-playing experience isn't being reduced and the game environment has not been compromised. Their experience of the game has actually been improved thanks to this message as they were bored waiting and looking at the loading screen.

Secondly, place one or two billboards on the track. They must be different from each other however; tiling ads usually compromises the immersivity or escapism of a game. The amount of billboards should be minimal: THEY WILL BE NOTICED - DON'T WORRY ABOUT EXPOSURE. Play it smart.

Thirdly, to prolong the advertising impact and to reduce any aversion risk (due to an over-kill amout of ads) make the extra "coca-cola" ship a prize. Make the player fly the track in a regular ship first.

I myself am working on a videogame for my masters degree in Trinity College Dublin - if any games manufacturers or would-be game-marketeers are interested and want any pointers as to how this stuff should be done, just ask. :)

Rouni Kenshin#1
10th August 2005, 11:11 PM
wait Dr. Pepper made by coke? :?

i'm sorry but it's bottled by coke and made as an independant product.

but coke is just not going to get me to buy their stuff more because a track plastered with their logos.

Sumimasen
11th August 2005, 08:24 AM
First download, is indeed just a skin.

Shame it's got the CC logo on it, because the colour scheme is really nice. :roll:

aesop
11th August 2005, 08:32 AM
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/595/595812/hot-shots-golf-coca-cola-special-edition-20050314113720539.jpg

Is this bad.

yawnstretch
11th August 2005, 08:59 AM
wait Dr. Pepper made by coke? :?

i'm sorry but it's bottled by coke and made as an independant product.

but coke is just not going to get me to buy their stuff more because a track plastered with their logos.

I haven't looked into to it mate but on my drink it says manufactured by coca cola. Who is it made by then?

yawnstretch
11th August 2005, 09:01 AM
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/595/595812/hot-shots-golf-coca-cola-special-edition-20050314113720539.jpg

Is this bad.

I guess I was more right than I'd feared.

Dogg Thang
11th August 2005, 09:18 AM
Yawnstretch, you're right, but you've probably never dealt with a client with regards to advertising. It usually goes like this -

-so we want something striking, with a message. Artistic, classy

-yep, that's nice. Maybe the logo should be a little bigger.

-A little bigger still.

-Bigger.

-Bigger

-BIGGER!!!!

And that's how it works most of the time. When it comes down to it most clients just want to see their logo as huge as possible everywhere. Taste doesn't come into it.

Tea.BaG
11th August 2005, 11:00 AM
heres IGN's take on it

http://psp.ign.com/articles/641/641107p1.html

Dogg Thang
11th August 2005, 11:32 AM
How do the downloads for these work? I tried a google translation of the site and it came it kind of odd.

Egg
11th August 2005, 11:49 AM
yawnstretch said:

Firstly, the loadscreen has the coca-cola message.

Secondly, place one or two billboards on the track.

Thirdly, to prolong the advertising impact and to reduce any aversion risk (due to an over-kill amout of ads) make the extra "coca-cola" ship a prize.

--------------------

Fourthly, ditch all that and do EXACTLY WHAT THE CLIENT ASKS YOU TO DO.

yawnstretch
11th August 2005, 01:00 PM
Guys - I completely understand - I HAVE been in similar situations myself. It's a shame when it goes that way (which is most of the time) and the original good idea (putting an ad in a videogame) is poorly executed.

I see it all the time when working as a graphic designer with clients for corporate websites and product packaging.

It doesnt change the fact that it's still overkill and that more attention should be paid to the gaming audience. If this stuff is going to be done at all it should be done right.

[edit by Lance: double posts joined at this point:]

There are consequences for producing crap when the client insists. Check out the "bradley" tank project:

James G. Burton, The Pentagon Wars: Reformers Challenge the Old Guard, Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press.

40 Billion was spent on the bradley project as client demands got out of hand and the end results were not pretty.

Dogg Thang
11th August 2005, 01:21 PM
I made ads for years and always wanted to make a 'When Animals Attack' type show called 'When Clients Get Involved'. It would be too horrific though.

Having said that, the client pays the bills so the client calls the shots. Unfortunate at times, but true.

yawnstretch
11th August 2005, 01:24 PM
;)

[edit by Lance: double posts joined at this point]:

One more thing - just to clarify - I still think it's a great idea and the ads in question are really not that bad at all; I just think there could be just the teeniest bit more sensitivity.

Sumimasen
11th August 2005, 01:43 PM
Being (yet another) designer, I too can sympathise with being constrained by a clients wishes. It's so rare these days to be a creative, and also be given free reign on any project. The profile of the client (and the amount they spend) seems to be directly proportionate to the (lack of) creativity you would be allowed to use on a project... Sad, but true...

On the other hand, you must remember that these downloads are FREE, and are also not compulsory. If you want them, get them - if not, then don't. Simple.

TBH, I downloaded the skin this morning, and I think that it looks really good. The logo could be smaller, but the colour scheme is great. I'm using it at present, but it won't make me buy more Coca Cola... Unless it really is subliminal and subversive... Which I doubt...

Rouni Kenshin#1
11th August 2005, 02:54 PM
who makes Dr. pepper?

as i stated before it is made independently by Dr. Pepper.

but i saw the hot shots coke thing and was glade i got the origional. but this could lead to a coke version of every game they can get their money on then i don't like it.

but the coke version just waste time that could be put into new and better games.

Purist
11th August 2005, 04:17 PM
Apologies for acting like a noob but can I just clarify exactly WHAT stage the download will be... it is basically the same track as the WIRE05 download?

Hellfire_WZ
11th August 2005, 04:21 PM
The first track is Koltiwa from the screenshots, which is the same as WIRE05. I'd be willing to put money on the second one being Khara Descent if Delta Pack 2 is not released before the corresponding Coke pack.

Purist
11th August 2005, 04:32 PM
Hellfire... you're a gent

Now all I need is another 1.5 U.S. psp... I lost mine :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

lucky for me I managed to back-up my purE saves and tracks 2 days beforehand, somehow... doesn't really compensate does it :roll:

Anyways... there's a begging post in the 'General Discussion' thread.

[edit by Lance: double posts joined into one at this point:]

Cheers, Kev.

Anyhow, I found an English version of the release schedule here... (http://www.psp-vault.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=256)

Awwwwwwww man, you know I love you guys and I'm sure it wern't YOUR choice... just woulda been nicer to see..... Red Bull? lol

fusionfrenzy
12th August 2005, 02:10 PM
who makes Dr. pepper?

as i stated before it is made independently by Dr. Pepper.

It isnt 'made' by Dr.Pepper. That's just the name for the drink, which is bottled (therefore made by) the Coca-cola company. Just because they dont splash their logo all over it doesnt mean they dont own it. Coca cola is the mother company for Dr.Pepper, lilt, etc, which are all marketed as independant drinks but which really come from the same source. Coca cola itself says "bottled by the coca cola company", as does Dr.Pepper.

Anyway, as many people have said it isn't like the content is compulsory. If you dont like it, dont donwload it.

Rouni Kenshin#1
12th August 2005, 04:57 PM
Just because they bottle it dosen't mean that they make it i have seen Dr. Pepper bottled by pepsi, eick, also the fact it that the people who make Dr. Pepper just go through with who is closest to the plact where that spesfic luquid is made.

Drakkenmensch
12th August 2005, 05:04 PM
We're starting to get off-track here. What this Coke-sponsored update means is that we have a choice to download it or not, simple as that. Nobody's twisting our arms to do so.

Not unless they hire Chazz Palmintari to go around making us "offers we can't refuse" like he did in the Vanilla Coke ads, anyway ;)

Lance
12th August 2005, 06:35 PM
''Dr Pepper, as well Seven-Up, both are owned by Cadbury Schweppes PLC (CSG: up $0.50 to $30.79, Research, Estimates) , the British soft drink and candy maker, and the No. 3 beverage maker behind Coke and Pepsi. ''

http://money.cnn.com/2002/05/10/news/companies/drpepper/

Rapier Racer
12th August 2005, 07:14 PM
The number 3? don't coca cola own Schweppes?

Sausehuhn
12th August 2005, 07:18 PM
doesn't sound so, does it?

It's the same with WipEout:
Just because EG.r is the best team they don't own all the other teams :lol:

Lance
12th August 2005, 07:26 PM
''In the United States, Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. does not have a complete network of bottlers and distributors, so it is sometimes bottled under contract by Coca-Cola or Pepsi bottlers. In about 30% of the country, the product is distributed by Pepsi bottlers, in about 30% of the country, by Coca-Cola bottlers and in the remainder it is distributed by bottlers that are not affiliated with either of those companies.''

http://www.answers.com/topic/dr-pepper

but it's still owned by Cadbury-Schweppes; i suppose it is possible C-S might be owned by Coca-Cola, but i cannot imagine C-C allowing one of its own products to be bottled by Pepsi or any other competitor. perhaps i lack imagination.

and now back to the topic?

Cammodude
13th August 2005, 05:42 AM
I personally accept the Coca-cola ship as part of Wipeout and even like it. I mean let's face it, if there's one company that's going to live on from now unto infinity, it will probably be coca-cola. So I can buy into the probability that they would have their own representative AG-racer should an AG-racing league become reality. :lol:

But the tracks with the giant cans of coca-cola and all that other stuff is going waaaay overboard.

Sven
13th August 2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah, and the way things are going, that's probably underkill for what advertising will really be like in 2197 :lol:

Rapier Racer
13th August 2005, 08:38 PM
I've changed my mind, I want that ship!

Spaceboy Gajo
14th August 2005, 12:22 AM
Catching up on some of these threads. Glad to see so far that people have calmed down and it's not all three pages of outrage.

Here's my take on it...

First off all, it's screaming Coke. However I have also worked in advertising and what I think is a nice size for a logo on a web page, they think it's microscopic. I too prefer if they were a bit more subtle and went the route of Red Bull from XL. It would have been cool to find the Coca Cola logo and say that's cool how they put it there. Instead of being put in our faces. I even dig the loading screen because that's just wasted space.

The second point I wanted to bring up is that blatant advertising like the stuff Coke is doing is normal in Japan. I don't live there, never visited but I'd love to. However, from what I've seen from movies, shows and pictures you cannot look at anything around you without advertising around you. So the content provided is what I think normal for those Japanese users.

Finally, it is like like some of you say, you don't have to get it. To me, it's glorified skins. Like some user made some stuff to customize the gaming experience. Like first persons shooters. If I don't like it I'm not going to get it. It's whatever you take from it. Also, weren't the initial pieces of information before the game came out was downloadable content like user skins and adverts?

All in all it's only a good thing for us Wipeout fans. A series we loved and thought was dead after Fusion is getting the great exposure like it did in it's hay day. Maybe more if I'm not mistaken. Especially from a giant like Coke asking to put their stuff in the game.

Spaceboy Gajo

Dogg Thang
18th August 2005, 06:15 AM
The next Coke download has been delayed. Strange that they seem to be having a few last minute delays at the moment. I wonder what the problem could be?

Purist
18th August 2005, 06:36 AM
Grrrrrrrrr not good, not good at all. There have been too many delays/problems with the downloads, I just wish they'd stick to the schedule THEY created.

Anyhow, from Coke's own page http://cokestyle.net/game/game02.html the schedule appears unchanged :?

Egg
18th August 2005, 11:23 AM
The next Coke download has been delayed. Strange that they seem to be having a few last minute delays at the moment. I wonder what the problem could be?

Mass suicide on the part of the artists?

Dogg Thang
18th August 2005, 11:54 AM
Things that bad in there, Egg?

xEik
18th August 2005, 12:24 PM
Probably Coke didn't contain enough caffeine for the devs to meet the deadline and they would not be allowed to drink RedBull. ;)

Purist
18th August 2005, 02:55 PM
Got me thinking... whatever happened to tab clear??? (as it was known in the UK)... transparrent COKE!!!

I think ANY downloadables are cool! - afterall they're free and the 'continue' one is ace. Just wish they'd stick to that schedule :cry:

Drakkenmensch
18th August 2005, 03:03 PM
I agree with Purist here. Just look at the contents of the game straight out of the box. 8 regular tracks, 4 classic tracks, 4 zone tracks and 19 music tracks. For a portable, only HALF of that would have been considered a complete game by any other company's standards, and the books closed on it. We've been blessed with extra downloadable materials, and lo and behold we're getting skins, music and entire new leagues!

So what if one or two items turn out to be branded with ads that we're obviously smart enough to ignore? We're getting heaploads of new stuff FOR FREE! I say keep it coming, My memory stick is itching and my usb cable ready to overheat :D

Dogg Thang
18th August 2005, 05:00 PM
The translation of the reason for the delay is genius -

"* This contents which we have made download start schedule postpone from August 18th with various circumstance. Doing to put annoyance to on everyone of the user very much, there is no excuse, but that understanding it grants, we ask. Chasing, we announce the day and time of start of download. "

I love Google translations!

Egg
18th August 2005, 06:21 PM
I've no idea why it's delayed either.

Kansas
18th August 2005, 06:40 PM
Well, since we're into the topic of shameless promotion... I'd love to see a place where you can download skins of your fav. football teams for your ships...

Imagine a Feisar ship with Man U. colors and logo?

Or, in my case, I'd love an Assegai ship with Los Angeles Galaxy colors and logo 8O

I'd stay away from the Quirex ship with Real Madrid colors...

OOOOh... a Piranha ship with Brasil colors and the Pentacampeone stars?

:salivates:

yawnstretch
18th August 2005, 07:39 PM
Kansas - Im with you on this - it would be the business if we were allowed to put our own textures in.

xEik
18th August 2005, 07:59 PM
I'd stay away from the Quirex ship with Real Madrid colors...

Who cares about Real Madrid anyway. :P
Maybe an Auricom with a FC Barcelona skin... ;)

Purist
18th August 2005, 09:07 PM
:idea:

:roll: does anyone else think some new ZONE tracks would make a welcome addition? :roll:

Be it Coke, 7-Up, Iron Bru or even Ocean Spray cranberry juice sponsored, I think that those lonesome four need to be beefed up a bit.

Lance
18th August 2005, 09:09 PM
[wants his Piranha with a big pic of Rolando on it ;) ]

Google translations are great, but i have to translate them to English from whatever language Google translated to! :D

Egg
18th August 2005, 09:52 PM
Things that bad in there, Egg?

Heh, no ... but there's only so many times you can look at a logo before you feel like you never want to see that logo again ... :lol: :lol:

Kansas
18th August 2005, 09:53 PM
Who cares about Real Madrid anyway. :P
Maybe an Auricom with a FC Barcelona skin... ;)

I agree 100%

Visca o Barca!

Spaceboy Gajo
19th August 2005, 12:26 AM
So what if one or two items turn out to be branded with ads that we're obviously smart enough to ignore?

Or as the thought just came to mind, blow the crap out of them. Quake, Missile, Disruption Bolt, Bomb, Mines...You can always take out your corporate rage on them ;)

Drakkenmensch
19th August 2005, 12:32 AM
Just you WAIT until the Coke livery ship can be downloaded and added to your races... you thought that people hated Triakis and wished it destroyed? That Coke ship will give you a target that's ACTUALLY DESTRUCTIBLE as opposed to mere ads on the walls! The words "Contender Eliminated" will have never sounded so sweet :guns :twisted: :evilgrin

edit by Lance: quotation eliminated

Sven
19th August 2005, 02:06 PM
How much shield does it have?

Drakkenmensch
19th August 2005, 02:07 PM
No stats on it yet - but if Coca-Cola Corp wants its precious bullseye to survive more than one lap per race, it better have Triakis-grade armor on it! :twisted:

Hellfire_WZ
19th August 2005, 04:30 PM
If it's the same as the WIRE05 craft, it'll have shield 3

Dogg Thang
23rd August 2005, 02:45 PM
According to the official site, the next download with be available on the 25th at 4pm.

Purist
25th August 2005, 01:40 PM
Is this newish news? http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

Dogg Thang
25th August 2005, 01:42 PM
What?

Ally Graham
25th August 2005, 01:46 PM
According to the official site, the next download with be available on the 25th at 4pm.
Classic Pack 2 US?

Dogg Thang
25th August 2005, 01:51 PM
No such luck. This is the Coke thread - so it's the next Coke skin for JP Pure! Already up apparently though I haven't got it yet. It looks pretty nasty on the site though.

Hellfire_WZ
25th August 2005, 03:27 PM
Pretty tacky compared to the first one, I don't like it at all.

Sumimasen
25th August 2005, 04:50 PM
Yeah, horrible. The logo top right is really pixellated.

Unsubtle and naff... :roll:

Lance
25th August 2005, 06:04 PM
well, one doesn't really expect subtlety from Coca-Cola, but it's still disappointing to see the crudity in a game of complex subtlety like Wipeout

Drakkenmensch
26th August 2005, 09:23 AM
Using my limited understanding of japanese, I noticed that the next Cokestyle download due sometime in september has a special track, and the second september download will have TWO tracks.

Interesting thought - since these downloads probably count as exclusive content and only three tracks seem to be planned for release, does that mean that these three Coke tracks will combine with the special edition Koltiwa track of the Wire05 pack to create an Exclusive tournament?

The mind reels with possibility.

Hellfire_WZ
20th September 2005, 09:10 AM
The Japanese site has been updated, Coke Pack 3 is being released on Thursday.

Jittery-Joe
20th September 2005, 06:33 PM
I await the Irn Bru transformation come PAL.
Heh, nice one. I agree, This corp-branding has gone way over the top, there should be a way of removing i/switching it offt, or atleast the CorpTeams. Mind you, the coke branding looks a lot worse than the Euro-Puma branding.

Drakkenmensch
20th September 2005, 06:43 PM
Switch it off? Why deprive yourself of a bullseye you can easily spot and aim all the way across even the long straight of Ubermall? :D