PDA

View Full Version : Homing disruptors

Sven
8th August 2005, 01:55 PM
Last night I saw another one...

Every once in a while, I see an AI fire a disruptor at someone else, and I see the distuptor bolt curve its path as if it's homing in on a ship in front. I also fired one airborne once and thought I saw it arc downwards.

Is this for real, or are elevation changes playing tricks on my eyes? How do I fire homing distruptors?

Sumimasen
8th August 2005, 02:45 PM
I saw one fire past me on Citta Nuova last night, and follow an AI ship round a corner. I had never seen that before, although I had fired one airbourne exactly as you described and seen it arc down towards the track.

Very odd! Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me!

Drakkenmensch
8th August 2005, 02:59 PM
How very odd indeed... now can you imagine if there WAS a way to fire homing disruptors at will? There would be massive chaos in multiplayer for sure! :dizzy

Kansas
8th August 2005, 04:12 PM
I am glad someone brought up this subject. I have noticed that I have far better aim with the disruptors than with the rockets or plasma. I always figured that the Disruptor simply had a bigger a shot and it was easier to shoot. But, this revelation of homing Disruptors... I mean, just the possibility of them... 8O

Sven
8th August 2005, 05:30 PM
I had fired one airbourne exactly as you described and seen it arc down towards the track.The thing about the airborne ones is that it doesn't always happen...And the AI fired disruptors aren't always homing either. It's very odd...

Lion
8th August 2005, 07:24 PM
heh, another one of it's random effects I guess

G'Kyl
8th August 2005, 07:46 PM
Maybe it's random or maybe it is some sort of auto aim, which works when your aim ist just slightly off. Just an idea, though, and I can't remember seeing it. But then I usually absorb the disruptor bolt in the first place. ;)

Ben

syckls
8th August 2005, 10:43 PM
I believe it's also like the old rockets that would follow the vertical contour of the track. But anyway, the disruptor bolts are still far better to use in multiplayer than in single player. In single player it's just a few more shield points.