PDA

View Full Version : PSP - Lumines 999,999: I finally freaking did it!

Megatron42
4th August 2005, 10:46 PM
I played this game for way too long. Perhaps rivaling Wipeout Pure itself! Well, it finally paid off to the extent that the game is capable of, as I maxed out the score. Achieving this is the final rite of passage for the game (as least, IMHO), and for those of you who haven't tried this incredibly addicting puzzle game, I suggest you try it.

Screenshot:
http://s88958877.onlinehome.us/misc/scorelist.jpg

Behold my might! Mwahahaha!! :twisted:

Drakkenmensch
4th August 2005, 11:42 PM
Impressive score! Congrats!!! :D

I remember playing Atari games and trying to play all the way until the score would just wrap back from whatever maximum was allowed back to zero - at that point, I considered the game beaten and would never find the motivation to play it again. It helped a lot that many games would ALSO wrap the difficulty level back to zero after you beat level 99 - either they were trying to save memory space by using double digit levels instead of triple or more, or they just never figured that gamers would grow to become OC freaks like... well, like ME!
:twisted:

G'Kyl
5th August 2005, 06:50 PM
Well, congrats, Megatron42, my own record stands at something like 350.000. I've always been wondering: What happens when you get to the almost-million record? Does the game stop or do you continue playing?

Ben

Animagic
7th August 2005, 08:19 AM
WHOAH I cant even break 400!!!!

congrats!

did you unlock all the skins already too?

Rouni Kenshin#1
8th August 2005, 11:21 PM
Nice! 8)

so how many skins are there anyway i only have a top score of 110589

and oly 19 skins.

Megatron42
10th August 2005, 04:41 PM
Well, congrats, Megatron42, my own record stands at something like 350.000. I've always been wondering: What happens when you get to the almost-million record? Does the game stop or do you continue playing?

Ben
The game keeps going. It doesn't advance from this one skin, and the levels keep going up so it keeps getting harder and harder forever.

BTW, 40 skins all said and done.

Thruster2097
15th August 2005, 10:16 PM
awesome work.
I've pretty much hit my limit at 450,000 but it's only the really really slow stage that makes me lose all the time.
Still stuck on the "clear all" mini challenge.

--might beholded-- :lol:

For the PSPless right now, lumines is universally brilliant and possibly the only tetris clone to bring something exciting to the mix. Weird-ass japanese music!!!!!! I love it!