PDA

View Full Version : Orbital?

ffej071
1st August 2005, 10:00 PM
Who all here likes Orbital....here is a thread to discuss them.....

Kansas
2nd August 2005, 12:05 AM
I love Orbital.

Sumimasen
2nd August 2005, 08:45 AM
Generally I like industrial music, but I do like a spot of Orbital...

In Sides is one of my favorite albums of all time! 8)

Lion
2nd August 2005, 08:45 AM
I only have one of their albums, but I come over all funny when I hear their version of the Dr Who theme :D
Also the version of Halcyon+on+on with the samples from heaven is a place on earth and you give love a bad name is definitely secure in it's position in my top 3 songs ever

Sausehuhn
2nd August 2005, 10:33 AM
YOU LOT!!!
:D
love this track

Orbital is very good, it's a shame that they finished with the Blue Album :roll:
I hope we will see something new by Paul Hartnoll, he's still making music :)

I also would like to hear something new by FSOL... hm... they're updating the webiste at the moment, maybe there's coming something new (?)

Spaceboy Gajo
8th August 2005, 07:05 AM
I forgot which live song I have, but you can hear a guy say "Play the f**king Bon Jovi." Apparently he had heard them do this once. Every time I hear him yell that I chuckle.

Yes I'd have to agree that In Sides is one of the best albums ever. It's in my top ten.

Even though they are not making music together, it's still good to know they are making music. Especially for since one of them did music for Wipeout Pure. Love that intro song!

bakeded
8th August 2005, 01:02 PM
I also absolutely LOVE orbital!!!
I have their entire library from green to blue.

Megatron42
19th August 2005, 09:43 PM
Orbital kicks ass. Favorite track has got to be Know Where to Run on Wipeout 3's soundtrack. Makes a for great (but dangerous) driving tune!

YoshiXL
20th August 2005, 03:55 AM
Orbital is not really my cup of tea but 3 tracks really do stand out.

Halcyon +on + on (i think thats the song lol) was on Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack, this song is beautiful. and really long too lol.

Know Where To Run is a cool title to a song and also appears in my fave wipeout game so props to orbital for that!

my fave song though has to be Funny Break (Weekend Ravers Mix), my goodness, i love this song soo much. I loved it more on the game Frequency because you could remix it in some really cool ways. i have a mix that i made on frequency that i love more than the original remix. if that makes any sense haha.

Cypher
7th September 2005, 07:51 PM
Middle of Nowhere is my favourite Orbital album. I have all the albums (I think) but I'm sure theres a load of obscure songs I look forward to discovering

X
12th September 2005, 06:44 AM
I really love 'Doctor ?', a remix of the Doctor Who theme. Great track!

Cypher
12th September 2005, 06:45 PM
Has anyone noticed that orbital had a knack of recreating soundtracks of classic TV shows? Not just Doctor Who, but Mission Impossible and The Saint as well!

Oh, and I sooo want the XXX soundtrack just for the Orbital song. I'm gonna look out for that now!

X
12th September 2005, 08:57 PM
That's the only good song on the album. It's mostly rock and urban music, and I personally hate most Urban music...

Propellerheads are good too, especially the ON Her Majesty's Secret Service remix

wipitout
20th September 2005, 06:04 PM
I forgot which live song I have, but you can hear a guy say "Play the f**king Bon Jovi." Apparently he had heard them do this once. Every time I hear him yell that I chuckle.

Yes I'd have to agree that In Sides is one of the best albums ever. It's in my top ten.

Even though they are not making music together, it's still good to know they are making music. Especially for since one of them did music for Wipeout Pure. Love that intro song!

Wow is that true that one of Orbital did the intro tune? It does indeed raaawk!!

Seek100
20th September 2005, 06:19 PM
No, the intro isn't credited to anyone AFAIK. Paul Hartnoll, one half of Orbital (the other being his brother) contributed 1 song to the ingame soundtrack, it's called Ignition and it does indeed rock your face off. However it's not the intro. As far as I'm aware that was done by some bod at Studio Liverpool who's not getting any recognition for a particularly awesome intro song, someone correct me on that if I'm wrong. Or if I'm right, find out who the anonymous composer is and tell us.

wipitout
20th September 2005, 06:27 PM
Well, thanks for the info! They are indeed missing out on credit well due. I'd be well chuffed if it was me!

Drakkenmensch
20th September 2005, 06:39 PM
That intro song is one of the strongest musical pieces in the Pure game and deserves recognition in the musical history of Wipeout as a whole. Whenever I hear it, I keep getting in my mind the image of a rookie pilot strapping in his AG racer for the first time while the radio in his helmet brings him the voice of his veteran coach:

"Okay, you're about to blast off for the first time, the acceleration is going to pin you to your seat and that first curve is going to get to you way too fast for your taste. Get a grip as fast as your brain can recompose itself, because I pretty much guarantee that this first blastoff is going to make sure you won't remember a damn thing, not even your own name."

And as the AG-sys craft blasts off, the young rookie realizes something very important - his coach go tit wrong, he DID manage to remember something while the 12 Gs of inertial force were turning his internal organs into origami. A single phrase, to be exact. For the life of him there was nothing else in his head as the three seconds leading to the first left turn zoomed by much too quickly.

It was the voice of his coach saying NOT EVEN YOUR NAME.

superjar
21st September 2005, 04:02 PM
I like Orbital too.
i have several of their albums but my fave is 'Orbital II' (the brown one)

Recently I've listened a new single called 'one perfect sunrise' and it's really cool :D

Sausehuhn
21st September 2005, 07:19 PM
yeah, it's on their last album, the "Blue Album". I have it and I quite like it. It's good for relaxing and chiiiiiilling...

Kansas
21st September 2005, 08:15 PM
their first two albums are amazing...

I can't stress enough how great "Steel Cube Idolatry" is...