PDA

View Full Version : Prototypes and Classic - family connection?

Drakkenmensch
31st July 2005, 02:31 PM
I've just unlocked the first prototype track of Wipeout 3, and my first thought was "OMG, this is the ANCESTOR of the VR classic tracks in Pure!"

The further thought occurs that the VR look of the Neotronic tracks does suddenly fit a lot better in the Wipeout Pure game - after all, there is obvious PRECEDENT for them!

Lance
31st July 2005, 07:10 PM
you just wait till you see the third one. whoooeee!

Sausehuhn
31st July 2005, 07:17 PM
The red one (I think it's the 3rd) is the best! yeehaaa! I love this track.
The track isn't really challenging now after all these races, but I know exactly the feel when I did the 1st race on it. Bouncing with no end in the tunnels and one explosion after the next.
But then I tryed it again and again and man - this track rocks!!! :rock_on

Drakkenmensch
31st July 2005, 07:23 PM
So I take it that all prototype tracks are radically different from one another?

Lance
31st July 2005, 07:27 PM
you'll see; i wouldn't want to spoil your enjoyment by giving even a hint of description. :)

Drakkenmensch
31st July 2005, 07:30 PM
:D okay, so that gives me incentive to get all gold medals in all speed classes!

Lance
31st July 2005, 09:04 PM
all you need is any medal in all races; doesn't have to be all gold. you only need golds to get all teams and all regular tracks, and you don't need gold in every race to do that. in the japanese version of wo3, i recently just won gold with all teams at Porto Kora, getting a new team with each gold beyond the 4th, then just won gold with Feisar on each succeeding track to get the next track till i had all the tracks as well, then just went back to win all the rest of the races with gold before going to the next class. i made it a point to win all golds at that damned Stanza Inter before doing any of the other tracks besides Porto Kora. got the unpleasantness out of the way first

Drakkenmensch
1st August 2005, 12:40 AM
...all you need is any medal in all races; doesn't have to be all gold. you only need golds to get all teams and all regular tracks, and you don't need gold in every race to do that.

Ah yes, but that doesn't account for the fact that I'm an OC maniac who spent over two years in Dragon Warrior 3 getting every single bloody gold monster medal, just to prove that it could be done, without cheating or trading for any single one of them ;)

Lance
1st August 2005, 03:03 AM
Oh dear, i fear you must be one of those 'gamer' fellows.

Dimension
1st August 2005, 03:26 PM
LOL lance. Those prototypse tracks are hella cool, never did win the fourth one (in any way shape or form) personally though, AI took a couple' dozen step up there if I rememeber rightly 8O

Brother Laz
1st August 2005, 06:09 PM
That bastard last track. I managed to get first place on the downhill stretch on the last lap, then proceeded to get knocked into the pitlane at this S bend which I can normally handle perfectly. :?

Lance
1st August 2005, 08:30 PM
just makes you want to kiiillll that damned AI pilot, doesn't it? :evil:

stin
3rd August 2005, 11:17 AM
Lance, You have Japs version???? ;)

stevie :)

PS Is it from him?(if you know what I`m mean? ;))

Lance
3rd August 2005, 12:14 PM
yes.
yes. (i know.)
:D