PDA

View Full Version : :-( Transferring WO3 (NTSC: US/CA) data to WO3:SE (PAL)?

adam917
26th July 2005, 09:58 PM
I doubt this is possible, but should I hold out on trying to do everything in WO3 US if I can get SE? I'm having a pretty tough time getting all gold in Venom (I must suck at this version compared to WO1, for example) and I won many races & challenges by pure luck (like 1st-placers crashing or getting hit by the right weapons at the last tenth of a second.

Should I hold out before progressing further? If I get all gold in WO3 US & beat all challenges, there's no way I can see doing the WHOLE thing all over again just to play the classic tracks unless I get very good at the game by then. Anyone else having trouble getting even halfway through this game and only win races by split seconds or is everyone on this forum experts who have mastered all the WOs?

:(

I don't feel like I'm having nearly as much fun as I did in WO1 & XL. Heck, I can't even practise the tracks in WO3's Time Trial mode without using a separate memory card slot (I think that's what it is, isn't it?! What kind of rewards do you get for mastering the entire game, like when you get all gold, conquer all challenges, got gold on all tournaments, etc.? Does the game say a few words and that's it? Or is there an actual ending?

Task
26th July 2005, 10:33 PM
No, there's no way you're going to transfer data from WO3 to SE. Not even if they were the same region is such a thing possible. The save file for SE is twice as big as the save file for WO3, they're THAT different. So you can quit holding your breath on that one.

If you can't beat WO3, there's no way you'll beat SE. SE is _even_bigger_(!).
Twice the size, at the very least.
I got through WO3 with a lot of invested time, I'm _still_ not through SE. I might even say that SE is twice as hard to get through as WO3. Those classic tracks are different enough from their original incarnations that previous experience really isn't much of a factor. So just cause you were able to beat the classic tracks when they were WO1 and WOXL tracks, that doesn't mean you'll have an easy time of it in SE. Sorry.

You don't need the seperate memory card to do Time Trial, that's just to save your ghost on. Just "cancel" and it won't save a ghost file, that's all there is to it. Now you can practice all you need in Time Trial, that should solve half your problems right there! 8 )

As to what happens when you beat the game, that's an often asked question!
Have a look just two topics down from this one and you'll see a couple things.

Short answer: Nothing.

The game, WO3, is a gargantuan challenge that only the most devout wiper can surmount. My only advice to you is that while it looks nearly impossible right now, it is not. And when (not if, WHEN) you come out the other side, having filled your entire screen with golds 4 times over and having beaten all the tournaments and challenges and even mastered all the prototypes... You will be a better pilot by great leaps and bounds.

As I've said for a long time, WOXL is the hot girl you have an amazing fling with, WO3 is the long-term relationship girl that you think you might spend forever with.

Lance
26th July 2005, 10:41 PM
i wish you luck in getting gold on the LS104 prototype track.
[uh... well, no, i've not got gold on LS104. why do you ask? ;) ]

adam917
27th July 2005, 02:50 PM
Is that the 4th or 3rd prototype track?

Mobius
27th July 2005, 02:57 PM
It's the fourth one.

The grey one with the huge hill.

Lance
27th July 2005, 10:08 PM
note that the tracks are numbered in ascending sequence with single-step intervals, starting with LS101 ;)