PDA

View Full Version : Here come the Delta Packs!

Dogg Thang
26th July 2005, 06:10 AM
The JP Pure website has been updated. The first Delta pack comes in just two days! The pic is a little too small to read but I can see that there is an Assegai Skin, a Harimau Skin and what I think is two tracks - no Icaras yet!

eLhabib
26th July 2005, 06:24 AM
ASSEGAI SKIN! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

all I ever needed. :rock_on

Purist
26th July 2005, 07:23 AM
Thank CHRIST for that... bout flaming time!!! :D

Hellfire_WZ
26th July 2005, 07:54 AM
At last! I was getting a bit worried there. :D

syckls
26th July 2005, 07:55 AM
Got it in one, Dogg Thang. Now it's time for me to flaunt my katakana-reading powers once again.

There will be both an Assegai and a Harimau skin in the Delta Pack. The two tracks are called Iridia (will probably stay the same in English) and Anorufasu Pass (will probably turn into Anorfas Pass or something similar). This pack will be releasing in two days.

Hellfire_WZ
26th July 2005, 08:04 AM
I looked at it again, and while I admit it's too small to read, that track looks like Adolpha Pass. That's from looking at syckls' translation and the letter structure. Have a look yourself, see what you think. Iridia is right from what I can tell.

syckls
26th July 2005, 08:11 AM
Ohhh... now that I look at the convenient English pack tag over there... stupid lack of common sense...

I know I'm right with the Japanese one though. And I will say that Adolpha is a way better romanization than Anorfas. But Adolpha is cutting it real close to Adolf... I think it's the really small picture that's fooling our eyes, and that it's Anolpha.

Hellfire_WZ
26th July 2005, 08:16 AM
I just knew someone would make the Adolf comparison as soon as I hit Submit on that last post... :lol:

I think you may be right, but it looks like there's a tall letter in second rather than an N. Guess we'll have to wait for the pack to find out for certain... unless a higher being wishes to put us out of our misery? :wink:

eLhabib
26th July 2005, 09:31 AM
I'm also pretty sure it actually IS Adolpha Pass. That's what I thought when I first saw the pic, but I thought 'Adolpha? can't be!' - but now, aided by syckls translation, I am pretty sure it is Adolpha.

Colin Berry
26th July 2005, 11:54 AM
Its Anulpha Pass

eLhabib
26th July 2005, 11:57 AM
okay :D

sounds better.

Egg
26th July 2005, 11:58 AM
It's Anulpha ... Ah, thanks for getting in there first, Col :lol:

Hellfire_WZ
26th July 2005, 11:59 AM
Ah, nice. Last time I trust my eyes with pixel-size text then! :lol:

uberweng
26th July 2005, 04:40 PM
That's from looking at syckls' translation and the letter structure. Have a look yourself, see what you think. Iridia is right from what I can tell.

it could also be ilidia or ilydia.

lunar
26th July 2005, 05:30 PM
I guess these new tracks are also set on Makana - I didn`t realise there would be any more tracks in the FX300 league. I thought we only had classic and omega to look forward to. Wow. :D

I wonder if there will a new 16 race tournament to look forward to. What comes afer ascension and descension...... extension?? I think not. God knows (and Colin probably). Whatever I`m glad I got a 1gb stick as in the end I`ll need to keep both US and Euro versions on there, fully loaded with all dl packs, for XLink.

syckls
26th July 2005, 06:13 PM
16 race tournament... don't even mention such a thing! *is still traumatized by doing all the Descension and Gamma tournaments in one sitting*

Hellfire_WZ
26th July 2005, 06:53 PM
I don't think they need us to give them the idea... this is gonna hurt... :cry:

eLhabib
26th July 2005, 07:02 PM
I read somewhere that game developers aren't allowed to make pieces of game for PSP where you aren't able to save for longer than 1 hour (due to limited battery life). I think a 16 race tournament might get close to that timespan, so I doubt it's gonna be there... :(

syckls
26th July 2005, 07:08 PM
They could still do it. If you applied a generous estimate of three minutes for each Vector race (actually unreasonable seeing as only a Sinucit race could even come close), 3 * 16 = 48. By that logic, they could even do a 20 race tournament.

Drakkenmensch
26th July 2005, 07:11 PM
20 races tournaments? :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy

eLhabib
26th July 2005, 07:34 PM
don't forget load times and post race screens.

Sven
26th July 2005, 07:38 PM
I read somewhere that game developers aren't allowed to make pieces of game for PSP where you aren't able to save for longer than 1 hour (due to limited battery life). I think a 16 race tournament might get close to that timespan, so I doubt it's gonna be there... :(No. The developers only do it for their own good, to make more managable games. It's not a Sony-issued regulation or anything. I'd love to see a full-length tourney, either way.

How 'bout a 28-race tourney!? Alpha-Beta-Gamma-Delta-Omega-Classic-Classic 2! hehehehhe :twisted:

eLhabib
26th July 2005, 07:52 PM
YEAH! and after that - ALL 4 ZONE TRACKS, with a full field of enemies and weapons. LAST MAN STANDING! :twisted:

Warhawk
26th July 2005, 08:06 PM
eLhabib, me thinks you need to take your orgasmic desires for destruction to the Twisted Metal forums. :lol:

eLhabib
26th July 2005, 08:11 PM
do they have quakes there? :lol:

Purist
26th July 2005, 08:19 PM
I read somewhere that game developers aren't allowed to make pieces of game for PSP where you aren't able to save for longer than 1 hour (due to limited battery life)...

Ahhhhhhh but your forgetting... the U.S. battery is more powerful than the Japanese and rumours persist the European will be even more so than the U.S one. In addition a third party 3600mAh battery http://www.psp411.com/show/product/494/0/X2_Battery.html is due out in the near future. This is something that usually happens with SONY consoles; with each new generation of console... there is a subtle change which is a bit of a double edged sword really, bad if you're an existing owner, but good if you're not - either way technology keeps on movin and it's to be embraced - better than staying static like say the Xbox, THAT'S HUGE!!!!. Just look at the changes the PS2 has undergone since being introduced, the first one http://revolution101.com/_sony.playstation.2.jpg was like a brick and sounded like Darth Vader on the toilet :roll:, a far cry from today's slender http://www.toysnjoys.com/access_ps2/scph-70000_2.jpg dvd sized beauty.

That said, I do acknowledge that more than an hour's play can't be too friendly on the eyes 8O. I still have 20/20 vision and don't wear glasses though! 8)

lunar
26th July 2005, 09:29 PM
For the sake of symmetry there just has to be a 16 race tournament. Yes, its inhuman and cruel to make people go through it at vector class, but it doesn`t make sense for there not to be a tournament on Makana that does all the tracks. Not sure about the 24 (or whatever it is) race tournament though. That sounds slightly too scary and it doesn`t make sense to have neotronic tracks in with "real" ones.

Purist
27th July 2005, 01:34 PM
Given the past 'problems' associated with the release schedule, what time do people reckon these are due our way???

Should be in the next few hours as the Japs are 8 hours ahead? (in the summer)

Sven
27th July 2005, 03:31 PM
13 hours ahead 8O (of EDT)

Vortex
27th July 2005, 06:06 PM
If the timeing is anything like the release of gamma 3, then we probably won't get it in the UK until around 4am tomorrow.

G'Kyl
27th July 2005, 07:12 PM
I never understood the idea of developers to make "handheld friendly games". As long as waking up from sleep mode works fine I just don't see the need for such, well, limitations really. I rather take the full blown experience than have something that's been cut short in order to suit needs that aren't really there. But that may be just me speaking...

Ben

Task
27th July 2005, 08:29 PM
8 ) It may possibly be "just you", Ben. Then again, maybe not.

I know there are a couple people on this world who really enjoy the endurance races in GT, but after doing just one of them I put away GT for good.

A race that lasts 2 hours is just a formula for a severe affliction of "numbus bumbus" and (IMO) leaves the realm of "good gaming" faaar behind.

Sure, you can pause these things, but that really breaks the immersive experience, which is what I'm much more into.

I kinda think WO has usually been about the short fast bursts of intensity that your standard "Single Race" on Phantom will give you. Zone mode is there for the marathon players. Sure, a 3-minute race isn't very "realistic", but realism can definitely be taken too far. (pointing back to beginning of post with GT 2 hour endurance race).

You've certainly got a point, that only so far should a game be fit to a platform, but you have to admit that when a game meshes well with its platform it really adds something. Check out a good DS game (what it it? Kirby? with the rainbows?) if you're not sure what I'm talking about.

I'd say that the only way Pure has been cut short is that development had to be done in time for PSP launch.

I've probably left the main topic far behind by now. Uh, carry on! 8 )

G'Kyl
27th July 2005, 10:17 PM
Not much to add here, I agree with you on most of what you said. :) The only thing I want to point out is that I wasn't talking about 3 hours races or something - but as long as I can pause and resume a (however long) series of small races (Wipeout, anyone? ;) ) I think that is as handheld compatible as it gets. Also, why is Rockstar making Liberty City fit the PSP flatform? As far as I know GTA, pausing within a mission would work fine with its gameplay.

Ben

uberweng
28th July 2005, 06:02 AM
The delta pack is pretty cool. The harimu skin is a little unfortunate in that the combination of a cream/white background and pale yellow text makes it very difficult to read (at least for my inferior eyes). The assegi skin is a nice pale blue.

IRIDIA is an interesting track tailor made for faster less manoeverable craft. Its very wide, basically flat except for a big jump followed by an incline. The colour scheme is striking as the track and most of the surroundings are dull shades of grey and orange broken up by very big, very bright billboards and bright orange neon lines in the track (like those in the the wire 5 track).

ANDULPHA PASS kicks ass. At first i thought it looked like a pretty basic track but after a few corners i arrrived at an angular jump which an incline both crosswise and lengthwise like a regular jump. If you jump from the highest point (the right side of the track) you can land on a narrow track which runs suspended above and to the right of the regular track. Its a great high risk manouver which should let you pass a few craft if you pull it off.

All in all another quality pack.

skipper
28th July 2005, 06:09 AM
Don't you mean Delta Pack uberweng?

uberweng
28th July 2005, 06:15 AM
yes, post has been corrected. After all these months waiting for each new gamma pack i had been programed.

Vortex
28th July 2005, 06:40 AM
I can't see the delta pack in the online section, just the three gamma packs, can someone tell me where to look?

Thanks

Dogg Thang
28th July 2005, 07:20 AM
I'm having the same trouble - the date tells me it has been updated but only the Gamma Packs seem to be listed. Hmmm...

Hellfire_WZ
28th July 2005, 09:07 AM
It's up, I've just downloaded it! I'll give the details once I've got another 20 golds on my tally. :wink:

EDIT: well I'll be... Koltiwa is listed in the Delta League! Looks like everyone's getting it after all!

Mobius
28th July 2005, 10:38 AM
Whats the other circuit called?

Hellfire_WZ
28th July 2005, 11:19 AM
Khara Descent

The two new tracks are really pretty, there's been some serious graphical work going on here. Both have neon strips tracing out most of the circuit, and the surroundings are sweet as well. Iridia is a very open track, ideal for the Piranha and Triakis. Actually, saying that, the Triakis is the better choice, because such an open track creates an absolute war zone. There's little to hide behind, so every weapon coming your way is more than likely going to hit. Anulpha Pass is also quite open, but it has its own unique characteristic: a split track! Near the end, the track veers up on the right hand side. From this, you can jump up onto a narrow straight with three speed pads, allowing you to skip the shallow chicanes waiting below if you chose not to. Being very narrow as well, it's an ideal spot to launch a plasma bolt... oooo, evil.

The Assegai skin looks very crisp and easy on the eyes, but I'm personally not too keen on the Harimau skin. Orange on white doesn't look right to me.

Sausehuhn
28th July 2005, 11:21 AM
screens/movies maybe? :D

Hellfire_WZ
28th July 2005, 11:28 AM
I'll see what I can do a bit later. I forgot to mention before that Iridia has more Goteki45 advertising than you can shake a stick at.

Sausehuhn
28th July 2005, 11:34 AM
erm... how many tracks does the Download have. three?
Because you said
- Khara Descent
- Iridia
- Anulpha Pass

:?

Mobius
28th July 2005, 11:36 AM
The d/l has two tracks, Iridia and alnupha pass.

Hellfire_WZ
28th July 2005, 11:40 AM
All the Delta tracks are listed on the league select screen. The four Delta tracks are Koltiwa, Anulpha Pass, Khara Descent and Iridia. Only Anulpha Pass and Iridia are currently available.

Sausehuhn
28th July 2005, 11:43 AM
Ah, I understand.
so we will get the NX1000 soon :D

Hellfire_WZ
28th July 2005, 12:35 PM
Judging by the amount Iridia has been plastered, I'd put my money on Goteki45 being the next one.

Drakkenmensch
28th July 2005, 01:12 PM
As of yet, the official website www.wipeoutpure.com doesn't list the delta pack in the downloads section. Waiting for the update later today with baited breath. :hyper

Mobius
28th July 2005, 01:21 PM
The us version of wipeout pure will get the first "classic 2" pack on the 1st August as far as i know.

Clicky (http://psp.ign.com/articles/633/633125p1.html)

There you go. :)

Dogg Thang
28th July 2005, 01:21 PM
Didn't IGN say that the Classic Pack would be next for the US version?

Hellfire_WZ
28th July 2005, 01:23 PM
They may have got it wrong, it'd seem a bit weird to completely mix up the orders between the two versions when they're finally in line.

Drakkenmensch
28th July 2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah, it sounds strange that they would mix the order of downloadable packs, it's not like they would give us the contents of gamma pack 2 as GP3 and vice versa, is it? *whistles*

Hellfire_WZ
28th July 2005, 01:26 PM
Still don't know why they did that, but at least they were both Gamma packs, I highly doubt they'd release a set of classic tracks before the next actual league section.

Vortex
28th July 2005, 04:30 PM
Have those of you with the Delta pack got it off the on line section within Pure? I still can't see it, only todays date and the three Gamma packs.

Never mind, just got the download :D

Dogg Thang
28th July 2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah, it was weird - it seemed to just take a long time to show up on the download screen. Seems fine now though.

I love the new billboards for Tigron, Van Uber and Goteki. Haven't seen any Icaras billboards yet - they must be in the next pack.

Drakkenmensch
28th July 2005, 09:22 PM
Wow. I can't believe nobody mentionned anywhere that today's delta pack download was for the JAPANESE version. I feel sad now. :brickwall

Sumimasen
28th July 2005, 09:26 PM
I know what you mean! I checked three times before finally accepting the truth... :cry:

Blind hope, hopeless optimism, whatever... I knew that the Delta pack was due today in Japan, but still I wondered 'what if'...

*Gazes hopefully to the stars with a tear in each eye, praying to the powers that be (Studio Liverpool) that many US owner's prayers will be answered soon...*

...Melodrama! Don't you just love it! :D

Vortex
28th July 2005, 09:41 PM
Has anyone noticed if the new billboards appear in the other tracks as well as the new ones, or are they only going to be in the Delta tracks? Hope not, they look great.

Kansas
28th July 2005, 11:31 PM
I am confused... on the www.wipeoutpure.com site it is mentioned that the next Gamma Pack will have the Van Uber ship and the Feisar skin, along with a new Sebenco Peak track... but I heard it would be an Assegai skin... What gives?

I have not downloaded the new pack because I need a bigger memory stick...

so... what is actually on the Gamma Pack 3 download?

Drakkenmensch
29th July 2005, 12:14 AM
That is indeed what the gamma pack 3 has - Feisar skin, Sebenco Peak, Van Uber ship.

The Assegai skin you head about was a rumor - for the gamma pack anyway. It did get included in the first Delta pack (only for the japanese version so far)

Dogg Thang
29th July 2005, 05:56 AM
Yep, the new Van Uber, Tigron and Goteki billboards appear in the other tracks now too. The Goteki ones are stunning!

And I did mention on the very first post in this thread that we were talking about the JP Pure site.

BenjaminBirdie
29th July 2005, 03:25 PM
Are those billboards only on the JPN version after the Delta download or are they on the US version post-Gamma 3 as well?

Dogg Thang
29th July 2005, 03:30 PM
They are only on the JP Delta packs so far but I'm sure they'll make it to the US version soon.

Hellfire_WZ
29th July 2005, 04:07 PM
For those of you who wanted them, here's some screens from Delta Pack 1

Harimau skin (http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/harimauskin.jpg)
Assegai skin (http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/assegaiskin.jpg)

Starting line of Iridia (http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/iridia1.jpg)
Illumainated track (http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/iridia2.jpg)

Starting line of Anulpha Pass (http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/anulpha1.jpg)
Illuminated tunnel (http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/anulpha2.jpg)
Track split (http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/anulpha3.jpg)

Kansas
29th July 2005, 04:28 PM
That's awesome. I can't wait. :)

BenjaminBirdie
29th July 2005, 04:41 PM
Sweet!

How different is Iridia from the Wire05 track? They look sort of similar, which is really burgeoning my hopes that us Yanks wont get too hosed out of exclusives. Anyway, I love the illuminated tracks and the design of what we've seen is flat out gorgeous.

Wipeout Downloads are truly my favorite gaming development in ages.

Sven
29th July 2005, 04:42 PM
Please, never use Geocities. Ever.

Usage exceeded...

Mobius
29th July 2005, 04:44 PM
Same here. :cry:

Oh well, give it an hour ant it will be all roses again...hopefully.

Sausehuhn
29th July 2005, 04:51 PM
:( wanna see

edit:
wow! These pics look awesome! I like the pic where the track splits!
Could you make movies if you've got a digicam? Pleeeaaase :)

Hellfire_WZ
29th July 2005, 05:30 PM
They look sort of similar, which is really burgeoning my hopes that us Yanks wont get too hosed out of exclusives.
You're not getting hosed out of anything, Koltiwa is in the next Delta pack.

Usage exceeded? I can see it just fine :? I could make movies, but they'd be too big to host. Anyway, if Geocities is having kittens over a few pictures, I think it'd have an aneurysm trying to cope with videos!

Mobius
29th July 2005, 07:24 PM
Those pics rock!

Cant wait to play it around, erm, February perhaps?

Dogg Thang
29th July 2005, 08:30 PM
Just on the billboards - I saw an Icaras billboard on Exostra Run. It's an animated one that has lines sort of arranged in a circle (like a sun) that then form the words. Pretty nice! I'm actually very excited about having both Gotaki and Icaras back!

BenjaminBirdie
29th July 2005, 09:05 PM
Yay for Koltiwa!
Yay for Stude Livey!

Yay for Wipeout!

YAY.

And GoTeki and Icaras were my two Wo3 faves. Stude Live, stop reading my diary!

Axel
29th July 2005, 09:15 PM
Thats is really awesome man. Boy I seriously can't wait for this game!!!! Being in the Uk sucks, I seriously cannot believe how long this damned delay really is :(. I bet we still get the packs shunted to us every month or so. It sucks big time.

Sausehuhn
30th July 2005, 01:50 PM
YEEEHAAA!!!

Go! Go! Go! Goteki 45! (http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/682/682962/imgs_1.html)

by the way: it's Altima...

Drakkenmensch
30th July 2005, 01:56 PM
Ooooooh... sweeeeeeet... can't wait for new content to be available for the US version!

Mobius
30th July 2005, 02:04 PM
Okay, Goteki has lost it's chunky look...but it still looks sweet!

How is that altima...? I cant tell. :?

Edit: are the ships in the classic leagues supposed to be lego block ships?

Sausehuhn
30th July 2005, 02:10 PM
1st I wondered why these ships aren't in the classic look.
2nd You can see it on the screen where you see the Goteki from the side. Scroll right, there's an "Altim".

Mobius
30th July 2005, 02:16 PM
Lol, i didn't notice that, cheers.

Dogg Thang
30th July 2005, 02:56 PM
Wow, nice find! So Goteki will come with the classic packs! Nice. Looks prettier than the current classic tracks.

Vortex
30th July 2005, 03:17 PM
Looks good, can't wait to fly it :D

It does seem strange that the ships in those screenshots are not the blocky versions like in the current classic tracks, perhaps these screenshots have come from a PSP with all of the downloads and there is an option to use the ships with their normal look.

I can't imagine that we will have to wait for the classic packs for the Goteki though, it will probably be in the next Delta pack along with a Triakis or AG Systems background, followed by Icaras in Delta pack 3.

Drakkenmensch
30th July 2005, 03:30 PM
Studio Liverpool got into serious time crunch for the original release of Pure, so they weren't able to give the classic tracks their original look and feel - thus the neotronic VR style they came to receive. This new classic pack, they had more time to work and fine tune, so their appearance wasn't an issue like the first four tracks.

Lance
30th July 2005, 03:33 PM
Icaras in pack 3: they always hold the best till last. dammit. :)

Dogg Thang
30th July 2005, 03:53 PM
There is no Delta pack 3. My theory is that there will be two more tracks and skins in the next Delat pack and no ships. Icaras and Goteki will come in the classic packs. Just my theory anyway, but there are only two Delta packs.

Mobius
30th July 2005, 03:58 PM
It would make sense, seeing as they are classic ships.

I wonder what would be in the Omega Packs though...

Sausehuhn
30th July 2005, 04:01 PM
NX1000 :D

BenjaminBirdie
30th July 2005, 04:15 PM
Doesn't the fact that this is latest batch of screenshots confirm that indeed the Classic Pack is next for the US region as opposed to Delta 1. I haven't seen any official Delta screens on any US sites. My prediction is that 8/1, we get Classic 2 Pack which comes with Go Go GoTeki.

Hot stuff either way. Just wish we got an official list of what Classic Tracks will be included. Ah, we'll find out on Monday if I'm right.

Dogg Thang
30th July 2005, 04:34 PM
It could well be just Altima, Goteki and a skin. We haven't had two tracks with a ship yet, have we? There are four Classic packs listed in the JP downloads - if that is four tracks, are there four ships too? Who knows...

ZonePilot
30th July 2005, 04:41 PM
So, what are the release dates for the first Delta Pack and Classic Pack (U.S. Version)? Whenever it is, I can't wait! :D

Dogg Thang
30th July 2005, 04:43 PM
Well we don't know for certain but IGN said that the first new classic pack would be released August 1st. IGN have been wrong before. No word on the US Delta release yet.

ZonePilot
30th July 2005, 04:48 PM
On the IGN website, they said something about the Classic Pack being released on August 1, but you would think they would know something about the Delta Pack's release date, considering it's already been released in Japan.

Sven
30th July 2005, 06:23 PM
Altima VII? Sweet!

It's odd to me that they changed Go45 so much fron the WO3 design. I figured a classic ship in a classic pack would be mostly unchanged...heh.

It looks to me like they're changing the flavor of classic tracks for the Classic 2 pack, making them look less "virtual." I like it.

Dogg Thang
30th July 2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't be too much of a fan of the new Goteki design either. I had seen that design in the medal images and was glad that it hadn't made it into the final game and now here it is. It's in one of the single race images I think, near the top. Still, it's better than no Goteki at all!

In terms of the look being less virtual - this could be the 'fusion' architecture that is referred to in many of the medal images. Actually, anyone notice Odessa Keys is mentioned on one of those pics too? Could be an upcoming classic track.

infoxicated
30th July 2005, 06:48 PM
I kind of figured that it's in the classic pack because Goteki are a classic team, even if the ship is all new. Same as with Tigron, except the ship isn't brand spanking new, just an example of their prior work. ;)

eLhabib
30th July 2005, 07:01 PM
I absolutely LOVE the new GOTEKI design! Bulky but still smooth. Neat.

Mobius
30th July 2005, 07:02 PM
"Wake me up, whan september comes..." :guitarist

Okay, not quite... :?

Hellfire_WZ
30th July 2005, 07:08 PM
Although the early release of the screenshots does beg the question... is the first Classic Pack really getting an August release for the US version instead of the Delta Pack? I thought it was a bit of a communication cock up from IGN, but now I'm not so sure.

Altima looks really nice, and the Goteki45 certainly looks different.

Lion
30th July 2005, 08:32 PM
I'm pretty impressed with that g45 design... looks awsome from the side, though imho a little odd from the rear... once in motion though it should look fantastic :) as long as the ship has a good feel I'd be more than happy to pilot one of those :)
as to the neo-tronic-but-not-quite thing, it's odd huh? beta version of the track maybe? the weapons effects are still vr style too

Vortex
31st July 2005, 08:58 AM
I am really looking forward to this download, I have been waiting for the Goteki for ages (although probably in the minority there). I wasn't a huge fan of the classic tracks but this reworking of Altima looks much better, and as it looks as though we are also getting the Goteki skin and some classic Cold Storage music tracks to go with it, this pack should be better than last weeks Delta download for the Japanese version.

eLhabib
1st August 2005, 12:56 AM
I sure hope they haven't shortened Altima to make it more 'portable-friendly' :? I sure do love the loooong tracks of the original wipEout! I wish they could have converted the original atmosphere, too. It was so beautifully cold and gloomy.

Dogg Thang
1st August 2005, 09:52 AM
I totally agree eLhabib, those long dark open tracks were just lovely.