PDA

View Full Version : Zone Mode - arrgh!

mid
25th July 2005, 10:19 AM
Having realised that I never played Fusion enough to try out Zone Mode (which gets a lot of praise as the one great thing about this iteration of the series), I plugged away much of the weekend to finally give it a go.

Oh dear Lord am I rubbish at it. The shield system punishes you pretty harshly for the mildest of scrapes; not something I'd whinge about if it hadn't been for the fact that using the entire track with a little wall nudging is a thoroughly encouraged tactic in the rest of the game thus far, and so none of my racing lines work any more.

I'm failing to get any higher than about level 17 on track 1 so far, and you need 25 to progress - can someone give me some pointers, other than just going back and re-learning how to fly from scratch?

lunar
25th July 2005, 10:36 AM
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/wipeout_fusion_zone.txt

Sausehuhn
25th July 2005, 10:54 AM
...and you need 25 to progress...
it's 30, isn't it?

Maybe you should play a little bit single race at 1st (at the higher classes) to get a feeling how to handle the crafts in Fusion. You should take Piranha for the speed and another one with a handling that is a little bit like the zone's one.
And: you should learn the tracks! It makes no sence when you're driving on Katmoda 12...
Just Alca Vexus could be good training, because it has alot of difficult curves.

I'm sure you will reach zone 30 and if not: You're not bad at all; saw people blowing up after zone 5 :lol:

mid
25th July 2005, 11:00 AM
Thanks guys. I was just basing the 25 off the preset high score, which I assumed I had to beat. It might well be 30.

I'm over halfway through the 'main' league mode, and I've still not got access to Xios or Piranha craft, so I'll need to get further for that. The fact that I've never been particularly good at even Rapier in the other WipEout games doesn't bode well, I'll admit, but the super-wide tracks of Fusion does rather make the rest of the game a walkover so far. I guess it's just practice, practice, practice really. I'm making it round the track ok, it's just that, once things start going fast, I keep automatically taking the scraping line that has served me so well in Arcade and AG League modes.

Hellfire_WZ
25th July 2005, 12:06 PM
It's been a long time since I've laid eyes on that guide! :wink: Maybe I should finish it one of these days.

@ lunar: You can't link directly to the guide, there's a block up to stop people leeching from GameFAQs. To view it, you'll need to C&P the link in your browser.

Roger
25th July 2005, 12:16 PM
Rule #1: Don't blink. Ever 8O

crazy legs
29th July 2005, 10:22 AM
I finished zone 1 while crashing... bahh!