PDA

View Full Version : here's a first impression for everyone.

Hectic
22nd July 2005, 01:25 PM
:roll: if reading obsceneties offends you, i feeel for you. what about movies and hollywood? hmm, it seems those are all prewritten scripts, don't you think they should find a way to express themselves without cussing? here's how it is, you're racing a tight competition in phantom/ascention. racing the twisty course (#6 forgot the name) the unfair ai has ruined a first place finish in a couple of the previous races and then this race, you go ahead with a turbo boost for a sure victory, then 100 pixels from the finish line, the battery screen pops up and you end up in 3rd after plugging it in.. anyone here who is good enough to race at that level has got to know where the frustration would come from. anyway, yeah when bad things happen i cuss. it's english. the words are in the dictionary. should i say "shoot" and "fudge" next time? they DO mean the same thing you know? a way of expression. human beings should not rely on a first impression when judging anything about someone, especially when on the internet. did i verbally attack anyone? flame anyone? nope, course i recieve condecending remarks from a moderator. well hows this? i guess you're too weak of a person to accept differences in people's vocabulary and feel that your respect is something to be prized.. dude, i'd rather people think i have a bad mouth than think i'm arrogent. funny how people such as dave chappelle cuss nonstop yet they're praised by many people. but someone that someone else can use to gain personal dignity such as a user on an internet forum, the human will insult and act as if he is better than the other one. heh, what a waste of time this once reply to a thread has been. first impressions mean absolutely nothing. the fact that i've been registered here for probably over a year and haven't posted much, obviously means that i have better things to do with my life than discuss a video game. not that anyone else here doesn't either, i just choose not to do too many things that don't accomplish anything. this thread does though because i'm attempting to make someone think rationally about something. he knows who he is. but this really can help other people too so i'm not sending an im. people need to chill out online, don't act so high and mighty, because in life, there is always someone better than you. humbleness is key. who cares about a couple of cuss words?

infoxicated
22nd July 2005, 01:33 PM
You started a topic with profanity as the title.

So I deleted your topic.

If you don't like that, then **** off somewhere else.

eLhabib
22nd July 2005, 01:38 PM
goddamnit, do we have freak week? I'm tired of all the arguing about nonsense.

Hectic, of course you are 'allowed' to use a curse to express your feelings, but I think 'FUUUUUUCK' is just not an appropriate and explanatory title for a thread now, is it? I feel with you, as I had my problems with Phantom and citta nuova, too, but I can understand your thread being deleted. We are trying to keep a standard here, and your thread didn't fit in. If it's worth discussing, post it again in better style.

btw, not seeing the green light blink, which it does for like 20 minutes before the PSP turns off, IS pretty nirley. DUH :D

Drakkenmensch
22nd July 2005, 01:56 PM
We've all lost a race or two as a result of "low battery" sneaking up on us. It happens. We move on, get better, and repeat our performance once again, and claim through skill those coveted golds we lost because of bad luck.

Axel
22nd July 2005, 03:04 PM
Damn people are tense these days. I think everybody seriously needs to take a chill pill and realise why we come to these boards. These arguments and bickering are becoming more and more frequent as the days go by.

Dogg Thang
22nd July 2005, 03:39 PM
Agreed Axel. It's not pretty.

Would it be too much for me to ask that everyone makes a conscious effort to bear other members in mind for a while? Regarding swearing, some people like me read here while in work and profanity in a title is right out. Even in threads I'd rather it wasn't there but I wouldn't make an issue out of it.

As for everything else, tension etc, Infoxicated has had to play bad guy on a few occasions recently where it simply shouldn't have been required and I'm pretty sure it's not something he likes. Most of these cases could have been avoided with just a little thought beforehand. This place has always attracted good people in general. So let's just play nice, respect other members, stick to the (pretty easy) guidelines and be excellent to one another, eh? Sound okay?

Purist
22nd July 2005, 04:14 PM
Hey Dogg... I'm down with that :D

Hectic
22nd July 2005, 04:28 PM
people shouldn't get personal and discuss impressions of people and their personalities over the internet. it does nothing positive, simply delete the post, that would have been fine with me. and yeah i'm going to play until i beat the cheap ai, should have happened several times by now though :cry:

late, it's all cool

JABBERJAW
22nd July 2005, 06:52 PM
Sounds like you are trying to justify swearing. No they don't mean the same thing. One is rude and the other is not, or a polite way of being upset. I don't always choose the best way, but wish I would.

syckls
22nd July 2005, 07:38 PM
People should have the right to enjoy their life and not have to go through rudeness (is that a word?). If you decide to be rude in your topic title, that ruins it for everyone else who regularly goes to this board and has topics here. I don't want to have to look at an obscenity when I want to go to "The craziest things happen in Pure land...". If you want to swear inside a topic, go ahead. That's easily dodgable.

obviously means that i have better things to do with my life than discuss a video game.

Bad plan. Insulting people generally will not get them to do what you want.

don't act so high and mighty, because in life, there is always someone better than you. humbleness is key. who cares about a couple of cuss words?

Guess what? In the confines of this message board, infoxicated has more power than everyone, Lance included. Why should he have to bend to the will of someone he feels is causing a negative experience for the board users? I think it's clear who needs to be humble here.

Animagic
22nd July 2005, 09:45 PM
if you don't like the game, quit bitching and go buy a DS then...

Rouni Kenshin#1
22nd July 2005, 10:08 PM
so you don't like profanity huh?

well that is somthign you can't stop or control so just live with it. :evil:

Drakkenmensch
22nd July 2005, 10:09 PM
I've been playing Pure since I bought my PSP, and I had to practice a lot in order to beat the vicious AI tactics, but guess what? After playing online, I found that most human players are even DEADLIER than AI racers!!! Compared to the wily and cunning tricks of the adaptable human brain, computer players are weak and repetitive.

Which is why I was able to finally get my Phantom Ascension gold yesterday ;)

Rouni Kenshin#1
22nd July 2005, 10:11 PM
Dang i wish i was online. :(

eLhabib
22nd July 2005, 10:15 PM
Which is why I was able to finally get my Phantom Ascension gold yesterday ;)

glad I could help you with that :wink:

syckls
22nd July 2005, 11:57 PM
so you don't like profanity huh?

well that is somthign you can't stop or control so just live with it. :evil:

I'll limit my answer to a single analogy. No matter how much I like the food, I would never want to go to my favorite restaurant if somebody grabbed my balls every time I went in.

Dogg Thang
23rd July 2005, 10:49 AM
And Rouni - this being Foxy's site he can control or stop anything he so chooses. But, if people just put in that extra little effort to consider their fellow members he won't want to or have to and everything will be peachy - just like it is most of the time here.