PDA

View Full Version : Zone - how long did it take you?

wirehang
21st July 2005, 09:42 AM
This time is shown in your Profile/Stats page. I'm assuming that you don't bother to play the zone mode after you've ompleted it once. My time was:

00:59:52 for 351 zones

What is yours?

eLhabib
21st July 2005, 09:54 AM
can't tell, as i am one of the possibly few who dO enjoy playing zone every now and then, but not competitive (because I pretty much suck at it), rather because I like the graphic design and the eventual rush. I don't know how long it took me to get all four zone golds, but I'm pretty sure it was all within a days work, between unlocking classes and stuff.

Drakkenmensch
21st July 2005, 10:42 AM
I do enjoy going back to zone every so often, just to see how my increased skill affects my performance in that mode.

lunar
21st July 2005, 11:38 AM
Far from not going back to it, I`ve had over seven hours of zone play. Haven`t played for a long while, but will do so sometime, now that I`m learning to sideshift. I think it could be very useful. I`ll wait for the euro version to come out probably.

I wish the gold medals on zone had been harder to achieve. Getting those golds has nothing like the satisfaction or challenge involved in some of the gamma time trials - or winning Citta Nuova Rapier the first time. Still there are a lot of Holy Grails of zone mode to aim for apart from gold medals.

Drakkenmensch
21st July 2005, 12:50 PM
Like scoring 30,000 points or above, for instance ;) Got pretty close a few times without ever hitting that mark. I noticed that using a lot of speed plates gives you more points - there appears to be a sliding scale for scoring based on how long you can up the highest possible speed.

wirehang
21st July 2005, 01:40 PM
I guess I should play this more as there seems to be more depth to it than I've noticed

mat

Kansas
21st July 2005, 04:11 PM
In between playing WipeOut Fusion and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, I noticed that I got better and better at W:P

I was having such a hard time with Zone... then one day I went seven laps before I even scratched my ship... I forgot the name of the Zone map... but on the second one, I completed 32 zones before I blew up.

syckls
21st July 2005, 04:39 PM
3:58:58.

I checked it last night on a whim. Based on that, I calculated that I have raced 1,433 zones. How many have you done? *cliffhanger music plays in the background*

Rouni Kenshin#1
21st July 2005, 09:29 PM
1,433 zones?

sorry but DAMN how did you stand it for that long?

syckls
21st July 2005, 09:45 PM
That's total. I do Zone for fun.

Curved
22nd July 2005, 03:34 AM
27:58 :P the last one took me about five tries, which was the majority of that time.

wirehang
22nd July 2005, 07:48 AM
3:58:58.

I checked it last night on a whim. Based on that, I calculated that I have raced 1,433 zones. How many have you done? *cliffhanger music plays in the background*
351 zones, which gives me a time per zone ratio 0.002 worse than yours! ;)

matt

Lion
6th August 2005, 12:55 AM
1:40:23, 591 zones.

I actually got quite a kick out of zone once I was able to get it up to zone 30 without too much trouble. I would like to see a zone track or 2 in a future download.
I think it would be awesome to get a real supership with all stats maxed as a reward for finishing 2 new zone tracks on zones 50 and 70 or something along those lines :)
it'd mean that you'd truly have to be one of the elite to earn it. it would probably effectively need to be a speed-class unto itself in the rest of the game though

fusionfrenzy
6th August 2005, 05:48 PM
I recently had my file corrupted ( :evil: ) so on my new file, I immediately went into Zone, and having been too busy with the races since beating it, only played it once. My time was 19 Mins 11seconds :D .