PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pure Soundtrack?

Mogaar
18th July 2005, 03:48 PM
Has anyone else heard about this:

Wipeout Pure Soundtrack (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000A87K7S/qid=1121701376/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl/026-9627935-6530031)

If this is for real, that would be awesome!

[edit] Here's more information from Distinctive Records (http://www.distinctiverecords.com):

Wipeout Pure - The Official Soundtrack:
In conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment we are handling the OFFICIAL Wipeout Pure Soundtrack. Wipeout Pure is available only on the new Sony PSP which is due for release in the UK at the beginning of September. The compilation features exclusive high octane tracks from the likes of Aphex Twin, LFO, Paul Hartnoll, Stanton Warriors and Rennie Pilgrem & Roxiller plus exclusive unreleased tracks from Hybrid, Ils and Way Out West. Keep checking the Distinctive website for further info.

DISNCD155:
1. Aphex Twin – Naks Acid
2. Cold Storage – Onyx
3. Drumattic Twins – Twister
4. Elite Force – Cross The Line
5. Freq Nasty – Grand Theft (Edit)
6. Friendly – We Got Juice
7. Jay Tripwire – Room 2
8. LFO – Flu Shot
9. Ming & FS – Hellion
10. Paul Hartnoll – Boot Up
11. Paul Hartnoll – Ignition
12. Photek – C-Note (Instrumental Mix)
13. Rennie Pilgrem & Roxiller – Bug
14. Stanton Warriors – Night Mover
15. Tayo Meets Acid Rockers Uptown – Crafty Youth
16. Themroc – MeanRed
17. Ils - Saxtrax
18. Way Out West – Pulse of Life (Edit)
19. Hybrid – Zulu

Axel
18th July 2005, 03:58 PM
Hmmmm to be honest, i thought the music of pure is kinda whack. I would have preferred if they stuck to the old skool style and things.

Space Cowboy
18th July 2005, 04:49 PM
I agree, whack indeed. Of all the brilliant electronica out there they choose the worst selection of music possible. I only really listen to about 5 or 6 of the tunes on it.

Dogg Thang
18th July 2005, 04:53 PM
Hmmm... I like it! There are a few tracks I turned off early on that bugged me but then that's the great thing about being able to turn them on and off. There are plenty of tracks to choose from and the ones I was left with I really enjoy.

Out of curiosity - does anyone know roughly how long the music tracks in Pure are? I know they'd vary a lot but I never get to the end of them in a race.

Space Cowboy
18th July 2005, 04:54 PM
Im not sure, they vary, my guess would be 4-6 mins each maybe? at a rough estimate of course. :)

infoxicated
18th July 2005, 04:54 PM
I think not being able to play custom music off of the memory stick is a bit of a missed opportunity for the PSP games so far, especially with Wipeout Pure. The music on the UMD just isn't for me at all - most are just a collection of electronic bleeps and farts for the most part, and I've had the music volume at zero for ages now.

Maybe next time, eh? :?

Dogg Thang
18th July 2005, 04:55 PM
Yeah a custom soundtrack option would have been sweet!

Space Cowboy
18th July 2005, 04:55 PM
The music on the UMD just isn't for me at all - most are just a collection of electronic bleeps and farts

LMAO! I couldnt agree more! especially that Aphex Twin track, i mean WTF?

eLhabib
18th July 2005, 05:05 PM
I grew to like the music in purE. except for that aphex twin track, than one just DOES.SUCK.

Space Cowboy
18th July 2005, 05:41 PM
One track I grew to like is that 'Mean Red' track. Its got quite a good atmosphere once you get used to it.

Dogg Thang
18th July 2005, 05:53 PM
Hey... Way Out West aren't in Pure, are they? Neither is that other Paul Hartnoll track. Shame about WoW, I love them.

aesop
18th July 2005, 06:11 PM
The only track I like is Onyx. The rest just aren't memorable. I'm downloading the Pure soundtrack now. I like how I have to download a 70MB zip file just to get this one ****ing track.

Sausehuhn
18th July 2005, 09:20 PM
Hey, I like that!!
There are some tunes that a really good (Onyx, Twister, Bug) and the rest is not bad as well. "Just" 3 tracks aren't that good:
- LFO – Flu Shot
- Jay Tripwire – Room 2
- Freq Nasty – Grand Theft (Edit)
Now we also know what the downloadable music will be. I'm looking forward to Paul Hartnoll's track, the Intro he made is just fantastic! :D

PS: All tracks are ca. 3:30 min. long. Just Onyx is longer than 5 min.

Thruster2097
18th July 2005, 11:20 PM
it's about time.

WipEout coming to the high street again in soundtrack form.
Well done.

Looking forward to the three extra tracks to get a flavour of what the actual soundtrack for pure could and possibly should have sounded like.

Hectic
19th July 2005, 12:41 PM
pure music is very annoying. this is coming from a trance/electronic fan and producer. i downloaded the soundtrack a month ago but i think it's just a rip from the headphone jack. music order is all switched around from the tracklisting on that webpage. mos def not worth buying on cd.

Sausehuhn
19th July 2005, 02:27 PM
Erm, has anyone else noticed, that the whole soundtrack is now available on the offical website (www.wipeoutpure.com). Go to the music section and under the pics of the artist you will find a small player.
It could be possible to get these tracks from the temporary internet files (?). I'm not sure, but it was the same with pics used for site, so I see no reason why it sould not work the same way with the music...

Space Cowboy
19th July 2005, 02:29 PM
Hmm.. never noticed that.. it must be a recent addition. I wonder if the music player will become active then soon?

Sausehuhn
19th July 2005, 02:42 PM
I'm missin' 4 tracks on this CD!

- The System (not really a big loss)
- Kinection
- Black Jack 3 (why this track, why this track?!?! Throw Naks Acid out of the window, but not THIS track!!)
- Gold Rush

They sould release a MP3-version of the Soundtrack as well, so they wouldn't have any problems with putting all track on the CD :roll:

edit
and "Boot Up" by Paul Hartnoll is the track used for the intro (found that here (http://www.loopz.co.uk/onews.html))

Space Cowboy
19th July 2005, 02:58 PM
It just sends you to the wipeoutpure.com site. They got rid of that movie on there along time ago i think. Shame that, I like that track.

Sausehuhn
19th July 2005, 03:13 PM
You still can listen to that track. Go to the action section. The 1st movie is the intro (with the music of course). :)

Space Cowboy
19th July 2005, 03:29 PM
Ah cool :)

Mogaar
19th July 2005, 04:38 PM
Well, different people like different things. There was a fairly large amount of complaining about the Fusion soundtrack as well. I think the music choices are for the most part good. The inclusion of Aphex Twin is a bit odd, considering he's gotten stranger and stranger, but the rest of it is very good in my opinion. I'd be pretty bored if the soundtrack consisted of, say, old tracks from past Wipeouts... It's kinda cool hearing new music in a videogame soundtrack. Hell, I even like the LFO track and Mark Bell's always been kind of an acquired taste... Anyway, all in all, I think the guys at Studio Liverpool did a very good job with the soundtrack (yes, this is an attempt to offset the ton of posts about how bad the music is). I think you guys should continue digging around to find new music for future Wipeouts.

The music on the site gets downloaded in .mp3 form to your Temporary Internet files folder. Unfortunately, they are 64kb files, so they don't sound too hot. But hey, the soundtrack's coming out in a month and a half, so I'll just be getting that.

PS - Hectic, who or what do you "produce"? Your phrasing leads one to believe that those who like the Pure soundtrack are fools, which is simply not the case. Also, don't saucily cop to downloading the soundtrack; that's not too cool.

yawnstretch
19th July 2005, 04:49 PM
I think that even though Pure has one or two great tracks (Mr Cold Storage etc) its definitely the weakest wipeout soundtrack yet.

Im still waiting for the music mixer - if that's crap it'd be nice to have a hack that allows us to insert our own music.

Most of the time the music is too harsh - especially the menu music. I often hit the mute button just to kill it - very harsh on the ears.

Mogaar
19th July 2005, 04:51 PM
yawnstretch, remember the menu music for Fusion? Now THAT was annoying! :lol:

Space Cowboy
19th July 2005, 04:54 PM
Yawnstretch: I know what you mean, you go through that lovely intro and through all the soft beeps, and then suddenly it blasts through your earphones when the menu loads.
Not very comfortable at all.

I like a few of the tracks on it though, just not some of the more obscure breakbeat tunes and Aphex Twin. (I am an AT fan though, but his pure offering sucks, quite frankly.

Shem
19th July 2005, 05:02 PM
From me:
I don't think that particular tunes are bad. They just don't fit the game, that's all. It was the same with Fusion, where i'd burst into flames once i heard that there would be some breakbeat tracks. But racing with them on your phones is a different story. People. Don't dis the tracks of Pure. Dis Aphex Twin for making an ass of himself! (word homies)

Axel
20th July 2005, 01:12 AM
I knew that aphex tune was familiar. Have any of you heard the music to streets of rage? Doesn't it sound similar?

Rouni Kenshin#1
20th July 2005, 01:20 AM
wipeout pure's music fits the game perfectly. the tecno style goes with the futuristic style.

techno may not be my favorite but it suits the game.

Space Cowboy
20th July 2005, 10:18 AM
Theres good techno and bad techno. for the most part Pure = Bad techno :)

Curved
20th July 2005, 12:07 PM
You dont like breakbeat?

Anyway, paradox has broken the PSP's encryption, so if they were to release that info, everyone could make their own content expansions for wipeout. :P

Leftism
27th July 2005, 02:20 AM
Wipeout Pure - The Official Soundtrack

Distinct'ive Records, in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment, will be handling the forthcoming Wipeout Pure Soundtrack. Wipeout Pure is one of leading games for the new Sony PSP due out in the UK, Europe and rest of the world on Thursday 1st September 2005. Currently available in Japan and the USA, the PSP is the most sought after handheld games unit ever. Wipeout Pure is one of the signature games for this new unit and one of Sony's best selling games to date. We at Distinct'ive are proud to announce that The Official Wipeout Pure Soundtrack will be available through Distinct'ive in early September 2005.

Wipeout Pure - The Official Soundtrack:
1. Aphex Twin – Naks Acid
2. Cold Storage – Onyx
3. Drumattic Twins – Twister
4. Elite Force – Cross The Line
5. Freq Nasty – Grand Theft (Edit)
6. Friendly – We Got Juice
7. Jay Tripwire – Room 2
8. LFO – Flu Shot
9. Ming & FS – Hellion
10. Paul Hartnoll – Boot Up
11. Paul Hartnoll – Ignition
12. Photek – C-Note (Instrumental Mix)
13. Rennie Pilgrem & Roxiller – Bug
14. Stanton Warriors – Night Mover
15. Tayo Meets Acid Rockers Uptown – Crafty Youth
16. Themroc – MeanRed

Bonus Distinct’ive Tracks:
17. Ils - Saxtrax
18. Way Out West – Pulse of Life (Edit)
19. Hybrid – Zulu

The soundtrack features many exclusives and previously unreleased tracks. Be sure to keep checking the Distinct'ive website for further info.

A new age of music has begun...

http://www.distinctiverecords.com/default.asp?pid=news&nid=213&archive=0

Sausehuhn
27th July 2005, 06:26 AM
I like the cover 8O

I still can't believe, that they've cutted out 3 tracks including Black Jack 3 :(

syckls
27th July 2005, 09:10 AM
Thankfully, the tracklist is ordered so I can press play and immediately skip to the actually good songs without thinking.

mid
27th July 2005, 09:29 AM
That's a lovely lineup I think. Despite the fact I've still no plans to get a PSP (£180 is far too much when Pure is the only game I want), I'll be buying it.

alnuva
28th July 2005, 07:25 AM
how do i rip tracks off wipeoutpure.com i use linux

Dogg Thang
28th July 2005, 07:45 AM
Why not just wait until the soundtrack is released and simply buy it?

ffej071
3rd August 2005, 07:23 PM
Im surprised the Royksopp track is not on there. Its called "Curves"

poprock
8th August 2005, 07:49 AM
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet, but the UK release of Pure is coming with a totally different soundtrack.

HMV stores now have empty boxes on their racks for preordering purposes - on the back, down at the bottom, there's a list of soundtrack artists. Photek, Goldfrapp, etc.

Animagic
8th August 2005, 07:59 AM
I love that LFO track...
very groovy and I love racing to it...

naks acid is so annoying... it makes me want to tear out my eyes...
Aphex Twin has become the bizarro version of Richie Hawtin

Kansas
8th August 2005, 04:14 PM
I grew to like the music in purE. except for that aphex twin track, than one just DOES.SUCK.

Awww man... I love that track. It just gets me pumped up. I wanna tear through the AI teams when I hear that robotic voice... I like how it follows the rythm of the track...

ffej071
18th August 2005, 10:01 PM
yea i like that song 2

bakkufu
19th August 2005, 09:21 AM
BlackJack3 is my fave track so far, I have them mp3's from the wipeout pure website, but im getting the OST as well ( posted a link early in the week showing it on amazon.co.uk ) just because Im a proper wipeout nut :D

Kansas
19th August 2005, 04:59 PM
I think "Hellion" is the best track on W: P

btw, I downloaded some Ming+FS... that stuff's got mad flava, yo

bakkufu
20th August 2005, 07:16 AM
I picked up both cd's of FSOL "we have explosive" and found some good tracks on there, and goodnight lover from fluke on "risotto" sends a shiver up my spine when I hear it ( always makes me start thinking of blasting round Quron VI not because of the music ) and I was also lucky enought to find both cd's of "atom bomb" a well :D

Rapier Racer
6th September 2005, 07:28 PM
I see we're not going to be getting the soundtrack for Pure untill the 26th of September now :(

xEik
6th September 2005, 08:17 PM
After having played for a couple of days I can conlude that Grand Theft (Edit) is the worst WO track ever. I felt relieved that I could turn it off. Every time it started I thought: 'Oh no, not again, I must remember disabling it next time I'm on the main menu!'
It doesn't fit at all. Who could think it does?

My favourite ones are Mean Red and Onyx in no order. Disabled ones are Grand Theft (Edit) and Naks Acid

Rapier Racer
6th September 2005, 10:36 PM
Naks acid is terrible, it's on my disabled lst as well along with Twister, as for Grand Theft I like it, don't know if it 100% fits but meh

Dogg Thang
7th September 2005, 12:08 AM
Twister was the first to be struck off my list, closly followed by the System - now, that's an annoying track.

Hellfire_WZ
7th September 2005, 10:39 AM
Room 2 was the first to go on my list, really couldn't stand it. And I agree about Grand Theft, it really sounds out of place in a Wipeout Game.

Mobius
7th September 2005, 02:18 PM
I took off quite a few, the first being naks grand theft and naks acid. I took off flu shot but after previewing it in game it remined me of my fractured memories of wipeout 64. :)

And i quite like the Drumattic twins track personally.

Mogaar
7th September 2005, 11:31 PM
Distinctive has updated their site with a separate page for Pure: http://www.distinctiverecords.com/wipeout/

Kansas
8th September 2005, 05:25 PM
nice

Rapier Racer
22nd October 2005, 08:00 PM
Well my copy of the Pure soundtrack finally arrived today and I smply had to share my joy! I didn't realise the intro movie track was going to be on it. very happy indeed :D

Sausehuhn
22nd October 2005, 08:03 PM
are the three new tracks good as well?

... but I won't buy it so or so cos I'm missing a few good tracks... :roll:

Rapier Racer
22nd October 2005, 08:24 PM
Well in my opinion they aren’t that great really and if they were in the game I'd have switched 2 of them off, SaxTrax and Zulu, Zulu is truly crap, Pulse of life however, I like, it’s really growing on me

Edit: anyone who read that before I had a chance to edit it, my windows media library information was incorrect, is the track listing on the back of the box right? thats what I've gone by there

killerfrog
23rd October 2005, 08:55 PM
As i just said i think techno and trance music are great for a game like wipeout.

The real problems are:

1) Some people (like me) hate the techno music and the only way to listen something better is to shut off the music game and listen other maybe via pc or hifi :P

2) The 2097 tracklist is still the best and i think it will remains so! :x

It's only an opinion...but i think so ^_^

lostchild
28th October 2005, 05:05 PM
I loved 2097 so much - hence I am so pleased that CoLD SToRAGE is putting more songs into the downloadable packs. All the other tracks really annoyed me, esp. the APHEX TWIN one. I like some of their older stuff, but it really hurts my ears.

Sausehuhn
28th October 2005, 05:27 PM
when I got the game the 1st thing I did was turning this track (and 2 or 3 others) off. I've never ever listened to them in the game. I did that before I started my 1st race.

Kansas
28th October 2005, 10:16 PM
I finally got my hands on a copy of the soundtrack.

You know what? It's pretty damned good. I really like it.

"Hellion" ftw

diagram
29th October 2005, 04:33 AM
FYI, "aphex twin" is just one person. Richard James

other monikers

GAK <-- only four songs exist by this name
AFX <---- primarily techno and ambient/industrial techno
APHEX TWIN <-- most well known
among a few others.

To be honest.. I'm a big Aphex fan... but Naks Acid is a pretty stupid track. I think it's the beginning of it, where it's sort of slow to get started.is *omg eww*. but once the track picks up and it's straight up acid breaks using a tr-606 and tb-303, is when the track is *meh it's ok*

bakkufu
29th October 2005, 08:31 AM
Whereas I turned it off so there is more chance of Messij popping up in the playlist.

Mobius
29th October 2005, 12:54 PM
"Hellion" ftw

d00d! :)