PDA

View Full Version : weird experiences in wipeout

flying_saucer
18th July 2005, 12:29 PM
i had this weird action when i was floating lol.
It was on sampa run (argh i so hate that map)
i was racing in my feisar (venom :S) en then i held my nose down and i scooped an enemy and it flew through the ceiling and it was (contender eliminated).
I tried it a couple of times but couldnt do it twice :S

it was so cool!
(scoopiedoobiescoop)

username
18th July 2005, 12:48 PM
ive done something like that before, check it. up i forget what topic it was in.
i guess this topic is to do with wierd things in wipeout so i guess there will be no harm in typing it again:
me and my mate were on porto kora on 2 player and i flew off the track at the small jump (dont laugh i was a new player AT THE TIME... oh ok then you can go and laugh)
by the time the wuss wagon put me back on the track i fell onto my mates ship and they kind of locked up togeather, he was killed, i flew off the track and was put put back on only to get first place!! :wink:

let me just get my breath back! !

flying_saucer
20th July 2005, 09:59 PM
lol first jump 8) what speed was it vector with doing weird stuff lol :twisted:

Now i played again with my bro and at one of the prototypes i jumped at one and stayed on the roof and later i sunk through it and stayed at the bottom for 2 secs then i was out of map and flowing around :? strange lol

username
21st July 2005, 08:35 PM
it was on phantom so that aint too bad.
i also learned that if you go onto hii fumi and just before you go over the small jump slow right down and then you land on part of the track that you crossed earlier, but instead of just landing on it you just go straight through it!!

do you think that the wip3out manual kind of calls you dumb in a way? i mean on the front it says in small text with those little arrows: English (read direction >) orientation: up (^) colour coded: < and ect i mean its not exactl like i need to know what orientation to hold my instruction manual is it :twisted: oohhhhhh im just getting so frustrated!! --well sometimes i might need to know the orientation when im drunk!! :lol: --

Lance
21st July 2005, 09:04 PM
''the wip3out manual kind of calls you dumb in a way''
well, it was Designer's Republic that did the WO3 manual; that tells you something about them

syckls
21st July 2005, 11:05 PM
I think it means that in 150-odd years mankind will lose all common sense. I'm not too hopeful about the future...

Rapier Racer
21st July 2005, 11:25 PM
I can see that happening all around me as it is, as for weird stuff, I did get round Hi Fumi without hitting any walls once..

Task
21st July 2005, 11:28 PM
8 D That's definitely the weirdest one right there! I can't even imagine, how is such a thing possible? Game bug maybe?

Lance
21st July 2005, 11:36 PM
'' I did get round Hi Fumi without hitting any walls once.''
HFS!!
is that possible? oh, wait, he was probably using an Assegai instead of my beloved Icaras. :)

eLhabib
21st July 2005, 11:50 PM
now, when you did that perfect lap on hi fumi, you did press x more than once every four seconds, did ya? :P :D

Rapier Racer
22nd July 2005, 11:42 AM
lol, I didn't press X at all I pressed I :P Maybe it's not so weird after all I was using a NeGcon and Assegai at Rapier, it must have been sheer luck

Lance
22nd July 2005, 12:19 PM
i press B and keep it pressed. which has a tendency to cause a crash in that narrow little tunnel just before the big finishing straight

edit: and maybe one or two other places ;)

Rapier Racer
22nd July 2005, 12:24 PM
lol I tend to crash into THAT wall, you all know what one I'm taking about :banzai

Axel
22nd July 2005, 12:39 PM
Hmmm that last part is so annoying, the run from the top of the hill when you turn right, all the way to the end is sweet. then you have to remind yourself you have a sharp right coming straight at you! But I really love this track, very technical.

username
22nd July 2005, 07:53 PM
''the wip3out manual kind of calls you dumb in a way''
well, it was Designer's Republic that did the WO3 manual; that tells you something about them

well i never knew that, but all the other stuff they do is good though.
is this sissy? take a look at it.
http://www.2plus3d.pl/site/frontend/images/artykuly/Poynor_Designers-Republic.jpg
click on me ^ ^ ^

Lance
22nd July 2005, 10:25 PM
just looked.
argh.
visual torture

Axel
23rd July 2005, 12:44 AM
Wow it surely is torture. I hope this isn't one of their new projects cause boy, talk about going downhill.

Shem
23rd July 2005, 08:13 AM
hopefully this is very old (can't tell how old precisely, i think about 6-5 years old, since was a part of 'Customised Terror" exhibition)

Mobius
23rd July 2005, 10:37 AM
It featured in the original wipeout game, on Altima VII.

Shem
23rd July 2005, 10:58 AM
wow, is it 10 years old already?? time files...

CZA
4th October 2005, 01:57 PM
Tada!

http://i1.zvhost.com/1/o/ot1oel88.jpg (http://www.zippyvideos.com/5757978841507726/notherglitch/)

Shem
4th October 2005, 05:55 PM
what the hell is going on there??? 8O

Drakkenmensch
4th October 2005, 06:41 PM
It looks like one or more of them are taking off like jumbo jets at the airport ;)

Sausehuhn
4th October 2005, 07:16 PM
that's nothing unnormal - had it a lot of times now. You just have to give full power via the hyper thrust.
One Time I managed it to fly over the hill and landed at the end of the tunnel near the starting grid. 8O

Asayyeah
4th October 2005, 07:36 PM
It's a kind of shortcut if you can cut entierely the hill on the right and landing into the tunnel : pretty hard to manage landing perfectly but that's fun when you do it.

Btw Sausehuhn are you sure it is better with W30 SE you land near the starting grid than with W30 ( SE has more powerful jump when you hyperthrust ) 'cause if it is congratulations dude, i have never been able to land after the tunnel with W30.

CZA you have given me an idea, i was searching how to store videos files through web for free. thx :wink:

Sausehuhn
4th October 2005, 07:42 PM
oh, nono, Arnaud, I haven't WO3, just WO3:SE

Didn't know that jumps are more powerful in the Special Edition. That is a point I've missed in the "differences between WO3 and WO3:SE"-Thread...

Btw: I just managed it one time (in WO3:SE) and you say (indirect) that you did it more than just one time... But hey, why I'm that surprised? We're talking here about the WipEout legend.

Asayyeah
4th October 2005, 07:54 PM
ahahah ok i feel reassured lol
At least you ve got the faster from the 2 copies :P
i really prefer SE rather than the original
The handling was different from W30 , the 'cuts are multiple and the jumps terrifics ( terramax for instance ) and that's what i like into the Wipeout world : flying flying.

I absolutely need to become re-incarnated into a bird of prey like a peregrine falcon :D

Drakkenmensch
4th October 2005, 08:07 PM
Only a falcon? Why not aim higher, like an eagle? Or a Pterodactyl?

Aw, forget pterodactyls, aim straight for DRAGON! That predatory enough? ;)

Asayyeah
4th October 2005, 08:16 PM
Pterodactyl :lol: :lol:

As you suggest me i would rather prefer Flying Dragon spiting fire ( or missiles if mother Nature allowed me that oddity :lol: )

CZA
5th October 2005, 12:38 AM
That was on Venom. There was a qirex and an auricom ship ahead of me, so I used the quake. JUST before the jump. I think I hit the auricom (can't tell from the replay, fraps wasn't running during the race) and I went FLYYYYING. On rapier, with the AG-S, you can regularly go pretty high (high enough to fly through the billboard).

flying_saucer
24th October 2005, 07:05 PM
:o hax hax hax! :D i like it i saw your movie awesome i never had the bugs like that :) well i didnt exploit then. Well on porto kora when u have the tunnel i turbo boosted and flew through the ceiling going a bit to the right then i almost came to the pit :S weird stuff but i like it!

Distrupto
10th November 2005, 11:17 AM
Tada!

http://i1.zvhost.com/1/o/ot1oel88.jpg (http://www.zippyvideos.com/5757978841507726/notherglitch/)

What the heck is THAT?!?!?!?!? 8O That ship just came all of a sudden flying out of nowhere and landed perfectly in a narrow place between 2 hills! How did u do that??? Closest thing I got to that sorta flight is hitting a turbo up Modesto Heights in Pure. I landed just before the finish line after having barrel rolled and turned midair. But how can u fly like that? Its amazing! 8O 8O 8O :robot

Asayyeah
10th November 2005, 12:38 PM
In fact disrupto that video came from W30 SE in which you can really FLY , for each jump ( even a small one) you 'll be able to take off as you can see in that video.
W30 is more 'stick the track'