PDA

View Full Version : Sigh... Major Disappointment and big problem!

mclarensmps
17th July 2005, 03:04 PM
Well, i was downloading Gamma Pack 3 from the WOP site today, and decided to redownload GP1 as well because of the sleep freeze issue that hadnt been bothering me too much.

Anyways GP3 was done, and i just browsed all the functions real quick to see if it was working, and it was! Then i went about downloading GP1 again and it would download the whole thing, but get stuck on the "saving" stage. The whole download finished and the download bar disappeared, but it was stuck on "saving" and didnt say that it was complete. I had to go for lunch at that point, so i left it at that stage for about an hour, and when i got back (noone had touched the PC all during this while) it was still stuck on "Saving".

I thought maybe the browser just didnt refresh and didnt change to "complete" so i exited the download window and tried the game. I booted up, loaded my profile, but when i went to see the tracks and cars, the GP1 features werent there anymore. I checked my medal status and there was no sign of anythign there either! - Now i had gotten all gold in everything leading up to GP1, and was working on the golds for GP1 and 2.

Anyway, i went to the PSP main menu and deleted the GP1 from the memory stick saves, and tried to redownload it from the server. Now when i start the download, it shows the bar on full complete, and then gives me an error saying that the file isnt found on the server or the file isnt working. Two separate errors, that happen at random every time i try. I booted up my PSP again, and went into WOP, and to my horror it didnt detect my profile anymore. It says that there is no profile available to view!! Now i tried to open the profile folder through the PC and I cant even find it!!! It only has my GP2, GP3 and Online information folders, my GP1 and my user profile is gone. I know i deleted the GP1, but my user profile shouldnt have gone with it right?

Now that this has happened, and im really really mad and feel like throwing stuff around, I deleted GP2 and GP3 just to see if a clean slate would allow me to download everything from scratch again, but to no avail. Its still giving me the same error serverside, and i cant download any of the gamma packs.

Now ive lost my profile and dont have any of the downloaded content on my PSP and im mightily pissed off because ive been working on this game for months, as WOP and Lumines are the only games that i play on the PSP and i got WOP when i bought the PSP on the midnight of its launch.

So basically im stuck in a situation where im goign to have to start everythign fresh, but i cant get the downloadable content to work from the WOP website... I need some major help :( sigh....

syckls
17th July 2005, 05:39 PM
Wow, uh... I don't know what to suggest except reformat your Memory Stick Duo with your PSP and attempt to download the packs again. Tell me if that helps at all.