PDA

View Full Version : Is someone older than me!?

stin
30th March 2002, 03:59 PM
Hello my name is STINDAH I am 32yrs old
Is someone or anybody older than me! please please reply to me?
DON`T be embarrassed or ashamed about your age!
SH :(

Lance
30th March 2002, 05:05 PM
~
several of the pilots are from 29 to 36, but i am by far the oldest. i will be 59 in one week.
^

Anastasia
30th March 2002, 11:14 PM
I'm only a couple of years behind you, Stindah. I'll be 30 in a couple of months time. I actually think people improve with age...well, most.

Lance - good on you for proving age is not an issue where wipE'out" is concerned. I can imagine myself playing this game way, way into the future...a long way!

Ana :)

Spaceboy Gajo
31st March 2002, 04:20 AM
Lance, I want to give you my birthday wishes early.

Happy 59th Birthday Lance!

Hope you have another 59 more, and live as long as Pierre Belmondo.

Hey this is a Wipeout forum!

Gajo :)

neo
31st March 2002, 03:45 PM
yeah SH..i am older..sadly..37...but thats just on the outside..and i'm never going to be too old to wipeout!! :)

Lance
31st March 2002, 04:20 PM
~
thanks SG.

gotta admire that Pierre, he did as he believed.

all of you people in their 30s, fear not, that Myima Tsarong is pretty old, too, and tops the charts, so it's clear that even for old pilots, there is the possibility of excellence through
Modern Science and Ancient Philosophy!
;)
^

Anastasia
1st April 2002, 01:30 AM
yeah SH..i am older..sadly..37...but thats just on the outside..and i'm never going to be too old to wipeout!! :)

Well said, Neo! For me, wipEout is a way of life.

Ana :D

Anastasia
1st April 2002, 01:33 AM
ps...Yes, Lance, I have noticed that several of the AG pilots are 30+. Now, that's what I like to see...decent ages! REAL ages!

Ana :)

DarkoS
1st April 2002, 10:17 AM
Well i was born exactly on 04.04.1980. And my 22 birth day is not far :) from now . I think thats a perfect year to be a pilot.

Bob Todd
1st April 2002, 10:21 AM
I'm definitely the baby of the bunch here... I'll be 16 in about a month's time!

zaarock
1st April 2002, 11:30 AM
I'm definitely the baby of the bunch here... I'll be 16 in about a month's time!

no your not im 10 :lol:

jmoid
1st April 2002, 02:49 PM
happy birthday for next week lance!

i'll be 30 in june

Lance
1st April 2002, 03:11 PM
~
thanks jamie.

does the idea of passing the big Three Zero bother you at all? i've never paid attention to that sort of thing, but i live a weird life and i'm not very tuned-in to timelines.
^

rhys
1st April 2002, 04:49 PM
im 13 :D
one of the youngest!

zaarock
1st April 2002, 05:49 PM
im 13 :D
one of the youngest!

13 :D coolll!

Lance
1st April 2002, 06:04 PM
~
cool in what way, zaarock?
^

zaarock
1st April 2002, 06:09 PM
~
cool in what way, zaarock?
^

someone close to my age

Anastasia
2nd April 2002, 02:15 PM
~
thanks jamie.

does the idea of passing the big Three Zero bother you at all? i've never paid attention to that sort of thing, but i live a weird life and i'm not very tuned-in to timelines.
^

Hi, Lance - The big Three Zero doesn't bother me. I'll be celebrating 30 years in June and I am looking forward to it. I don't think age is as relevant as how you feel inside...and I feel very youthful and bubbly. 30 is just a number like any other. I'll always be young at heart!

Anastasia
2nd April 2002, 02:17 PM
i'll be 30 in june

Hey, me too! What date? Mine's the 10th June and I'll be celebrating very hard!!!!

stin
2nd April 2002, 05:17 PM
Thanks everybody! I`m amazed!! :D
OH! Lance you`re NEVER too old to play anything LONG MAY IT CONTINUE!!

SH :D

jmoid
3rd April 2002, 05:42 PM
~
thanks jamie.

^
well, i beleive exactly the same thing as ana, age is just a number. i'm proud to count people of all ages amongst my friends. but i must admit, i feel a little timid about taking up new things these days because i feel like i'm "not as young as i used to be" - i know i'm only responding to other people's prejudices, and if anyone said that to me i'd tell them in no uncertain terms to stop being so silly, but i'd being lying if i said i didn't feel something.

however communicating with total non-ageists like yourself helps a lot :) i think if i didn't live such an ostesibly 'straight' life it wouldn't bother me at all.

jmoid
3rd April 2002, 05:56 PM
i'll be 30 in june

Hey, me too! What date? Mine's the 10th June and I'll be celebrating very hard!!!!

june 20th! us split-personality geminis should stick together ;)

i'll be boozin' and cruisin' then i'm going to take a day off work and spend the whole day playing video games - my present to myself :)

FoxZero
3rd April 2002, 06:10 PM
i'll be boozin' and cruisin'
NO! dont drink and drive! unless you mean wipeout :P

Lance
3rd April 2002, 07:01 PM
~
i've not been drunk in way too long; my performance on videogames is better when i'm intoxicated. odd, but true.
^

jmoid
3rd April 2002, 07:37 PM
thanks for the concern man, but i meant cruisin' as in "staggering around the streets of brighton" :) no drinking and driving for me.

PLASMA2097
3rd April 2002, 08:30 PM
wow kool!
never thought that wipeout has fans in such age-ranges! :)
good to know!

and Lance: HAPPY 59th BIRTHDAY! ;)

im just only 18! :)
And thats good! *g*

keep on wipeoutin'

Lance
3rd April 2002, 11:04 PM
yo yo yo, herr 'stevie'. Zigarette?

thanks for the birthday wish.

PLASMA2097
4th April 2002, 01:12 AM
yo yo yo, herr 'stevie'. Zigarette?
ahhh yes! ;)
hehe how should I interpret this???

are u german?

Lance
4th April 2002, 04:18 AM
nein, it means i checked out your website and the story of the origin of 'stevieflash'.

PLASMA2097
4th April 2002, 08:55 AM
ohh!
oh yes! :)

hehe *takesthecigarette* thanx! ;)

satriani
4th April 2002, 11:13 AM
37 in July!

Anastasia
5th April 2002, 09:25 AM
i'll be 30 in june

june 20th! us split-personality geminis should stick together ;)

i'll be boozin' and cruisin' then i'm going to take a day off work and spend the whole day playing video games - my present to myself :)

Hey, cool. I am DEFINITELY going to take the day off work. I refuse to work on my birthday! I'll be celebrating in style. A big meal out on the night, then a second drinking spree/clubbing night for anyone up for it. My brothers are coming home from Aberdeen and Sheffield especially. Ho ho - looking forward to drinking them under the table - except that I jolly well know they'll be drinking ME under the table. At least I'll have someone to carry me home afterwards!

I'll have to recover quickly 'cos it's my son's 4th birthday 2 days after mine! There'll be jelly and ice cream and pass the parcel etc. A cool kiddies party.

Ana

infoxicated
5th April 2002, 10:17 AM
I'll be 30 in July... still cant quite believe it...

I mean, how did this happen? There I was, just coasting along and suddenly I'm three times as old as I was when I was ten!

It just seems kind of crazy - I've always thought of people who are 30 as folk who are married with mortgages and kids... not games playing, skateboarding, fan-site running dudes like myself. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Probably I'll take the day off and just do some fun stuff... depends on the weather, really.

Hey - I might go somewhere I've never been before to make it really memorable... like Italy or something - just for a short break to mark the occasion. :)

satriani
11th April 2002, 12:01 PM
Foxy what date ? Anywhere near the 24th?

infoxicated
11th April 2002, 07:29 PM
The 13th, mate :)

Zebula77
15th April 2002, 12:25 PM
I'm only 25. Seems that's pretty young here. Wow.

It's so good to see people of all ages embracing Wipeout. :P

zaarock
17th April 2002, 12:47 PM
i still cant understand how i learned english im just 10 and from finland

Vasudeva
17th April 2002, 06:51 PM
Well, I didn't know wipEout has such a great, varied public in ages. I myself am turning 19 in May (and by coincidence, a Gemini as well). But I think especially in videogames, that age is just a number. An 11-year-old can beat a 35-year old, but a 60-year-old can give a 18-year-old a damn good trashing as well!

V

Lance
17th April 2002, 07:08 PM
hm... well, that depends on which 18 year old. i recently got thrashed by someone of unstated but youngish age. but at least he thrashed everybody else too! [this is the old 'my team got beat, but at least they got beat by the best' rationalisation. :) ]

Piranha Advancements
19th April 2002, 04:12 AM
Wow,this is really a surprise.We have the Golden Guys and the Golden Girls here! Ahem..um..just kiding.No thoughts of Jihad rite.