PDA

View Full Version : Region Exclusive Content

Space Cowboy
15th July 2005, 08:50 PM
It seems like every region bar the US has got exclusive content. The Jap's have their Concert DL, and the Euro's have their Omega pack DL. So what about the US? Will they have some form of exclusive content? What do you think?

Sumimasen
15th July 2005, 09:14 PM
I reckon so. The US is a HUGE market for both PSP and W'O"P, that it would be foolish not to give those guys some form of bonus. Well, I would hope so anyway!

As I have stated before though, in an ideal world, all territories would get the same content, maybe just branded differently for each region. Case in point is the new Wire05 track for Japan. It would be great to get a version of that over here, just with say, the Edge billboards etc. Same for the US.

It is worth reminding everyone also that while there seems to be a bit of bad feeling from non-UK owners about the Omega packs, at least they can officially own the game right now! Us suckers (in theory :wink: ) have to wait until September 1st just to get the basic package!

Purist
15th July 2005, 10:10 PM
Call me controvertial but I really can't understand why there are people whining about this? - I'm sure we will all have the chance to download content exclusive to that particular version... the message is clear to me :roll: if you want those exclusives, buy that version!

I'm buy no means a millionare but own both the U.S. and JAP version and will buy the EURO version too.

Region exclusive content is cool!!! and if good old SONY and studio Liverpool do well outta it, all the more incentive to create a sequel!!! :D

Rouni Kenshin#1
16th July 2005, 12:13 AM
and why don't we buy all three version of all of our games while were at it! (scarcasm) :roll:

Sumimasen
16th July 2005, 05:56 AM
I wasn't whining. But my previous post will be my last word on the subject.

I don't want to come across as a grumpy old git, and this subject seems to bring out my negative side. :oops:

Shem
16th July 2005, 07:37 AM
I don't want to come across as a grumpy old git

Lance i think i sense some hidden 'expression of own opinion' here :lol:

Lance
16th July 2005, 01:54 PM
i am a founding member of the GOG Society ;)

Dogg Thang
16th July 2005, 01:57 PM
I may join that someday...after I rise through the ranks of the Dirty Old Man club.

uberweng
16th July 2005, 02:21 PM
and why don't we buy all three version of all of our games while were at it! (scarcasm) :roll:

I thought this was the simple solution to the problem. I bought the US version because I didnt think the japanese version would have english language options. I then got the japanese version because i kept seeing it everytime I went to the shops, couldnt wait for the van uber craft any longer and someone on this forum posted the kick ass illustrations from the japanese manual. When I go back to NZ I guess my friends will have the european version so I will have an excuse to buy that (i need an excuse because my girlfriend got a little shirty when I bought the second copy...).

I guess more than a few people on this forum will end up with all three versions in their wipeout collection.

Purist
16th July 2005, 02:36 PM
someone on this forum posted the kick ass illustrations from the japanese manual...

:D

Shem
16th July 2005, 02:47 PM
(i need an excuse because my girlfriend got a little shirty when I bought the second copy...).

no you don't! if she doesn't allow you to play your favourite games, that means she doesn't respect your needs, and that means she's no good for you! :wink: I'm in luck of being with a girl who allows me to do whatever i want to (like runing around the house singin' "ta-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-BAT-MAN!!!!" :P ). Of course sooner or later, she'll be fed up with it, but that would mean, that she was eventually no good for me :lol:

U GO AND BUY THAT 3RD COPY!

uberweng
17th July 2005, 10:07 AM
shem,
your post reminds me of oprah. :wink:

syckls
17th July 2005, 02:29 PM
Great, now I've got an image of Oprah running around her set singing the old Batman theme. In any case, I still intend to get all versions of the game. Darn it if Lik Sang doesn't seem more and more like a vampire now, only a very rare breed that attacks your wallet.

Egg
17th July 2005, 02:53 PM
As predicted, the download is currently doing the rounds on many less reputable sites ...

Sven
17th July 2005, 06:03 PM
If only these "less reputable sites" could hack it to make it work with my American version of the game...