PDA

View Full Version : Europe to get Designer Track Pack

infoxicated
15th July 2005, 10:05 AM
The European version of Wipeout Pure is to receive exclusive content by way of downloadable tracks that have been concepted by some of Europe's top graphic artists.

As yet I don't have the details of exactly who is involved, but it would seem like our long wait for Wipeout Pure in Europe will be rewarded by some special stuff. :)

Dogg Thang
15th July 2005, 10:10 AM
Would these be the Omega tracks then?

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2360&start=0

infoxicated
15th July 2005, 10:18 AM
Yes - turns out that these will be the Omega packs.

Dogg Thang
15th July 2005, 10:21 AM
Cool, the results of bringing in designers could be very interesting indeed. Guess I'll be getting a third copy of Pure then!

wirehang
15th July 2005, 10:41 AM
Does this mean we have to play through it all again? 8O ;)

I'll have to judge whether it's worth money, and more importantly time, when the content comes out.

matt

Sausehuhn
15th July 2005, 10:52 AM
Question:
Are these Omega Pack really just playable for the Euro Version?! I mean it's a little bit unfair, isn't it? I live in Europe, right, but for the American and japanese people it's not really cool when we're playing leagues they can't play. Same with the japanese exclusive pack (WI05 or something), I hope we will get it. Not now, but later...

wirehang
15th July 2005, 10:56 AM
I think it's a bit unfair. Of course they have to try something to secure some PSP and game sales come Sept

IMHO we're being punished for being early adopters, and for Sony short-sightedness

matt

Sven
15th July 2005, 03:51 PM
And we American's haven't got any exclusive content yet...

syckls
15th July 2005, 04:26 PM
Eventually you learn to accept the fact that you're not getting any cool stuff. I would still hold on to my US pack if I were you, considering the fact that as soon as I sell my US version to get money for buying the Japanese and European version, there will be an announcement stating exclusive content for US. Hey, someone has to be cursed by Murphy's Law.

Mogaar
15th July 2005, 05:02 PM
You know, I was initially put off by the whole exclusive content thing. Now I've just accepted it while reminding myself that at least we can play the different editions as PSP games are region-free. So if I have to shell out extra money for those different versions, so be it. Also, it kinda makes sense that Europe would get this particular extra content (you know, as the designers are european). I think Wipeout made a bigger cultural impact in Europe, ya know? I mean, how many Americans (other than the americans here, obviously) are gonna see that the exclusive content was done by Europe's top designers and get really excited? I don't know, I'm just kinda rambling. But yeah, I'll definitely be getting the european version as well. My japanese version should be getting here next wee (thank you Lik-San). Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to pout about the Wipeout 3 Special Edition that I can't play...

aesop
17th July 2005, 03:09 PM
I don't think this sounds that great. What can Graphics Designers do to the tracks that Studio Liverpool haven't already achieved. I mean, all I can invision at the moment are tracks displayed like the current Classic selection. Bright neon colours, only what, fancier?

eLhabib
17th July 2005, 03:37 PM
well I like to think about the whole designer track thing like this: Studio Liverpool have come up with track layouts, means putting some curves and straights together, and they are giving designers the possibility to create the 'look' of the tracks - or at least that's how I imagine it. Means they get to choose from all kind of textures, trackside objects, lighting effects maybe, weather, etc. But I could be totally wrong, too.

aesop
17th July 2005, 04:46 PM
Wouldn't that be more suited to Architects.

syckls
17th July 2005, 05:42 PM
Architects - making a functional structure.
Designers - making something (anything) cool.

In essence the programmers are the architects. It's all the cool stuff and flashy lights that get added on later to make you not notice that you've been going in a straight line for thirty seconds... on Phantom... that get added in by the designers.

aesop
17th July 2005, 06:15 PM
I still think that's all pretty much covered by Architects, or the developers in this case. Graphic Designers would be more in their element designing new advertising for track billboards. It would seem like a waste if they were simply asked to add cool stuff and flashy lights, which Studio Liverpool can do themselves, easily.

syckls
17th July 2005, 06:19 PM
I see what you're getting at, but I would still prefer to see a different perspective to designing these tracks as opposed to always having the same vision, i.e. Studio Liverpool's. SL is doing an excellent job, but even so I would like to see something different.

Lance
17th July 2005, 06:28 PM
though perhaps not by Praga

aesop
17th July 2005, 06:29 PM
A new perspective would be great, I'd encourage it. It's just, to get the best out of them, you'd imagine they'd have to design everything, from the track layout to the structures. I just don't know how they would cope with that.

poprock
24th July 2005, 12:11 PM
This is just a way of getting Designers Republic involved, isn't it?

Ah well, guess I'll have to buy a UK copy of Pure when these downloads get released.

fusionfrenzy
3rd August 2005, 12:29 PM
I was thinking Designers Republic. I certainly hope so; the DR might make me shell out a bit of cash for the Euro version if I can find it fairly cheap on ebay come christmas. Though being in As level year wont help, mind :? .

Dogg Thang
3rd August 2005, 01:00 PM
I don't know if there has been any official word yet but I would have thought that the chances of what's left of DR being involved would be slim to none.

infoxicated
3rd August 2005, 02:05 PM
or less...

mid
3rd August 2005, 03:10 PM
Mind you, if Build get involved... :twisted:

wirehang
3rd August 2005, 04:03 PM
:lol: