PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Pack 3...

syckls
12th July 2005, 07:05 PM
Has anyone had any luck downloading Gamma Pack 3 for US version as of yet? It appears on the main website but downloads stop short by saying that it could not retrieve the information from the server. Attempts to download it wirelessly also fail because it doesn't even appear on the site.

Kansas
12th July 2005, 07:20 PM
it's already out?

Space Cowboy
12th July 2005, 07:30 PM
huh? what is this? Gamma 3?? I thought we had to wait another month for that?

**Scoots off to check it out**

EDIT: No its not out yet :(

syckls
12th July 2005, 09:00 PM
So as of right now, it's only possible to look at a few pictures and the description. If I wanted to see that, I could have downloaded the SWF, decompiled it, edited the Action Script and recompiled it.

infoxicated
12th July 2005, 09:29 PM
It'll be front page news the day it comes out. Promise. :)

Lion
13th July 2005, 03:43 AM
might wanna get them to pull the details off wipeoutpure.com then, it looks like it should be working

Warhawk
13th July 2005, 05:16 AM
I'm also getting the big fat "Could not retrieve content from server." (It's 12:16 a.m. EST right now.)

The 3rd pack is also flat out not listed if you use Pure's download function.

Drakkenmensch
13th July 2005, 05:27 AM
I'm guessing temporary technical difficulty, like a file badly named or in the wrong folder.
Something quickly fixed by tomorrow.

syckls
13th July 2005, 06:05 AM
Nah, what I'm guessing is that they have purposely chosen not to release the pack as of yet. It's just that they've been so messy lately they put up the link to download Gamma Pack 3 and everything else, forgetting that they hadn't yet prepared the pack for official release.

Dogg Thang
13th July 2005, 06:20 AM
That is strange. It must simply be a mistake - a part of the website that went live before it should.

eLhabib
13th July 2005, 06:34 AM
optimistic as I am, I believe the download will be available shortly :D

syckls
13th July 2005, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I'm actually thinking today. Technically it should be July 13 for all our users... I need to stop surfing the web this late/early.

Childlikecake
13th July 2005, 08:38 AM
Hey guys,

I've been on your website for about two years now and only just registered cause I think I can help.

Link removed by Administrator.
If you'd been on the site for two years you might have read the frickin' guidelines

Sorry but what did I do that went aganist guidelines? Posting a link? :?:

Ally Graham
13th July 2005, 08:56 AM
I downloaded it just now from the website!!!!
Off to test it now, it said it downloaded OK and unpacked and all that!
Was not a mistake after all, lol!

EDIT: It plays great!

Lion
13th July 2005, 10:05 AM
dear god I am terrible at sebenco peak rapier...
though so far I have only tried the new ship which really doesn't suit my piloting style...

eLhabib
13th July 2005, 10:13 AM
- download could not be found -

:?

Ally Graham
13th July 2005, 10:27 AM
Seems I am the only one that it is working for, or at least one of the people it is working for.
Checked back and still downloads OK for me. Strange

Space Cowboy
13th July 2005, 10:50 AM
This is wierd?? Is it listed on the actual site or on the Pure DL screen in-game?

Ally Graham
13th July 2005, 10:51 AM
On the site, the first US screen you come to, and in the download section

Sumimasen
13th July 2005, 11:23 AM
Very weird... :?

On my Mac at home, Gamma Pack 3 simply does not appear, even after refreshing and clearing Safari's cache. At work however, it appears fine, but a Java Applet error prevents download... This happens in Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Have finally managed to download it, and it works fine. Van Uber is as expected, being originally the worst ship in the worst WipEout game (although shield strength has been boosted). The new track seems ok. Bit of an anticlimax after Exostra and Ubermall. At least Gamma is now complete! :D

Lion
13th July 2005, 11:25 AM
The new track seems ok. Bit of an anticlimax after Exostra and Ubermall. At least Gamma is now complete! :DI think that's the point... make up for the track not blowing our socks off like the last couple by effectively giving us 2 new tournaments :)
speaking of which I just completed a 96 point decension tournament run. (w00t, all golds)
before you try this set aside some pretty serious time as it feels like it takes FOREVER on vector...

edit: oh and sometime tonight I have graduated to Guru status :) yay me!
109 medals now

infoxicated
13th July 2005, 11:40 AM
The official word is that it is released today - I don't know when the in-game site will be updated... I sent it off some weeks ago for testing, so it should have gone through all that and I cant see why it wont be up soon.

Space Cowboy
13th July 2005, 11:45 AM
Cheers Fox.

Edit: The web download feature for Pure seems to be the worst DL feature ever. Everybody has trouble with it, I dont understand why they just dont scrap it and have a DD link??

Drakkenmensch
13th July 2005, 12:07 PM
Just tried it again, worked just fine! :)

eLhabib
13th July 2005, 12:17 PM
check out the TT gold artwork you get for sebenco climb in flash (or was it rapier?), the one with the loading screen! see what it says there? Auricom - BUILT FOR BEGINNERS :D :D :D
There you have it Auricom pilots :mr-t

jk btw :wink:

Dogg Thang
13th July 2005, 12:39 PM
Space Cowboy, I would imagine the reason that there are download problems with Pure is that they are doing tests with the delivery of the content. I don't know but it seems to me to be more of a coincidence that the in-game dl was available first last time and this time it is the site download - of course I could be wrong about that. I would think that things will be ironed out as they go along.

Space Cowboy
13th July 2005, 12:46 PM
Righty-ho, Its just we've not had a smooth DL to date, theres always been some problem.
Hopefully they've got the testing sorted and we'll have a smoother ride with the later download packs :)

EDIT: Im still getting 'Download could not be found' Any ideas?? Im using Firefox, tried IE but it gets the same error message. :(

wirehang
13th July 2005, 01:30 PM
Wow, didn't expect this so soon.

matt

Purist
13th July 2005, 03:00 PM
(Disgruntled Japanese owner) - Where's our DELTA pack? :evil:

Hellfire_WZ
13th July 2005, 03:05 PM
Maybe this early release is to bring the US packs in line with the JAP packs before the release of the Deltas.

Dogg Thang
13th July 2005, 03:08 PM
The first thing I did when I saw that Gamma 3 had made it to the US site was check the JP site, but still no word of a date for Delta other than July sometime. Hope it's soon!

Purist
13th July 2005, 05:07 PM
It's not on man :x spits in the face of folk whom bought the JAP version especially in order to get early/extra downloadable packs :x

Plus, we could always gloat at U.S. only purE owners! 8)

yawnstretch
13th July 2005, 05:16 PM
Greedy!

Sven
13th July 2005, 07:26 PM
w00t, I have it! Can't wait to get to Phantom Decension :twisted:

Rouni Kenshin#1
13th July 2005, 07:31 PM
just got it after much anticipition but did not iexect it till augest. :D

eLhabib
13th July 2005, 07:50 PM
one thing that bugs me about descencion league: it's supposed to 'descend' from the high altitudes of Sol2 down to the seaside of vineta. However, you race blueridge (pretty flat with mountains in the background) and staten park (same) BEFORE you get to ubermall, a track that is at the level of citta nuova, at least by judging the backgrounds which consist of the upper parts of skyscrapers! What gives?

Space Cowboy
13th July 2005, 08:03 PM
Im still getting an error 'download could not be found' Does anyone have any ides?? This seems really wierd how it will work for some people and not for others?? Foxy, can you help??

Drakkenmensch
13th July 2005, 08:04 PM
it's probably built on flat land and very, VERY tall, so they go with ground level rather than the actual attitude of the track itself.

Dogg Thang
13th July 2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I noticed this too. Ubermall seems like it should be far higher up. Of course perception can sometimes be deceiving but we just have the visuals to go on and I think you're right.

Is it possible that the Descension League idea came after the Gamma listing was finalised and they wanted to keep the order the same as the Gamma League? Not sure...

It wouldn't seem to make sense to me not to use the track itself as the indicator - after all, Sol 2 hangs over ground that could well be lower than Sebenco Peak.

phoenixx
13th July 2005, 08:13 PM
I've just downloaded: it works
I like the van uber
:rock_on :guitarist :rock_on :guitarist :rock_on

Sumimasen
13th July 2005, 08:17 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... *draws breath* ...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

phoenixx
13th July 2005, 08:19 PM
at TEAM SELECTION one of the van uber pics is damaged - anybode else with that problem?

Space Cowboy
13th July 2005, 08:21 PM
Wish I did have that problem, I cant even get the DL :(

phoenixx
13th July 2005, 08:29 PM
problem solved - I restarted, it's okay now. Before half of the pic was like snow.

It's a little bit like christmas every month :radar

infoxicated
13th July 2005, 08:37 PM
Like I added the text saying "Remember to re-start your console..." for the good of my health! :lol:

The in-game site should be going live pretty soon, if it isn't already - I was told they should both be going live at the same time, but there had been an issue with the download pack on the website early on today that had been resolved. So... you know, nothing more to tell right now. :)

syckls
14th July 2005, 12:08 AM
194 medals!! And damn, did it take a long time! I'd be using some more censored profanities if I hadn't already done that a while ago, because it would spoil the novelty! Those Descension tournaments take forever, and I really pity the people who download all the packs right when they begin. How are they ever going to get past Flash Descension without destroying their PSPs, let me tell you that!

wirehang
14th July 2005, 10:26 AM
There's a typo on the .com download:

"Gamma Pack 3 containing Sebenco Peak (track), Felsar Skin and Van Uber Ship"

that's an L instead of an i

BenjaminBirdie
14th July 2005, 03:54 PM
GLEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just DLed GP3 and for a second I was all, man, where are my new tourneys? Then I knocked open Vector and saw Gamma AND Descension. TOO EFFING COOL. I also like Van Uber. Cool design and paint job. Too bad I just unlocked the zone ship. Anyway. I can't believe we're only like halfway through the content here. Simply remarkable.

Only beef:
If you use the Feisar skin, "The Future Is Euro" runs over behind your Medal Listing on the Progress screen. It's very minor yet also very annoying. Hopefully the AG skin won't have a similar problem, as that's the one I'm waiting for.

syckls
14th July 2005, 04:31 PM
That's why I use Auricom (the skin). :wink: There are just too many shades of purple in those track tags to like Qirex, and plus nothing gets in the way. Default is boring, Hacker makes it too easy to see stuck pixels (which I tried but failed to unstick with the video), and Piranha I hated on sight.

Hybrid Divide
14th July 2005, 05:34 PM
lol!

Sounds like whoever wrote that was a Qirex fan! :D

EDIT: The above was refering to the "Auricom is for beginners" bit.
I didn't realize that sever pages had alrady been posted. :lol:

Lion
14th July 2005, 07:06 PM
I mostly like the Feisar skin, but I find it too hard to read the dimmed items as the text colour is too close to the bg colour. so I have gone back to Qirex :)

Space Cowboy
14th July 2005, 08:47 PM
I finally got it after using my girlfriends Wi-Fi to DL it. Love Sebenco Peak, think its a great track with a good pace and some nice bends, not too fussed about the Feisar skin though, its nice but too hard to see the finer details. :) Cant wait for the Classic 2 pack, hopefully we'll have some of the classic music with it too :)

G'Kyl
14th July 2005, 09:11 PM
I have to say... I'm a little disappointed with the skins and Sebenco Peak. The latter seems rather unspectacular to me, graphics-wise as well as in terms of how it plays, especially compared to S Climb. And the skins seem a little, well, uninspired. A simple change of colors is a little less than I expected.

Anyway, I'm not complaining. Everything that's there is still highly valuable, plus I am totally excited about finally being able to do Gamma tournament and getting more than an update of Ascension.

Ben

eLhabib
14th July 2005, 09:27 PM
descension tourny just takes SOOO long! you really have to plan it in your day, it's 40 minutes straight! I only wrestled myself through vector and venom descension yet, one a day :wink: hope I can keep up the 96 points standard in the higher classes :)

Sven
14th July 2005, 10:06 PM
That's why I use Auricom (the skin). :wink: There are just too many shades of purple in those track tags to like Qirex, and plus nothing gets in the way.Auricom is my choice also. All the other downloaded skins clash horribly with the tournament/league images.

Sebenco Peak is too narrow :x

VanUber is sooo cool though, it feels as if it's on rails. Just amazing. But, despite the sheild rating of 3, it mysteriously feels just as fragile as in Fusion. Maybe it's a psychological thing and I'm not absorbing as much as I should.

eLhabib
14th July 2005, 11:50 PM
VanUber is sooo cool though, it feels as if it's on rails.

actually, that's why I DON'T like it...

syckls
15th July 2005, 12:02 AM
I assume everyone remembers the railbus/locomotive discussion? All aboard the Van Uber train!

Lion
15th July 2005, 04:30 AM
have to say I concur with elhabib. the van uber I find a very boring ship to pilot. unfortunately it's apprent ease of control and reasonable speed make it a favourite of people on kai

Drakkenmensch
15th July 2005, 04:37 AM
Eh. Makes little difference what ship you control if you don't have the skill to back it up. I challenge anyone to take their precious Van Uber and take a spin around Sol2 against eLhabib. See what difference THAT ship makes when he starts getting an 8+ seconds lead on you and using it to turn around and fire back quakes and plasma bolts ;)

Lion
15th July 2005, 04:40 AM
I'm not convinced that sol2 is a fair comparison :P
I got well served yesterday on most of the gamma tracks by someone piloting a Van Uber while I was in an AG Systems.
move on to the beta league and he won the first track and I had the other 3 with little to no challenge. sol2 was an absolute whitewash :D

eLhabib
15th July 2005, 08:55 AM
aaaaahhhhh - I can feel my reputation rising :D

infoxicated
15th July 2005, 09:11 AM
After all that stroking, you're lucky it's just your reputation! :lol: 8O

Mogaar
15th July 2005, 05:11 PM
Very nice, Infoxicated. I thought this board would be work-safe. Apparently not!

(runs away in puritanism-induced huff...)