PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Tracks TTs

Curved
8th July 2005, 11:54 AM
Anyone notice that they are harder than all of the other TTs?

al metro
8th July 2005, 12:40 PM
yes, I have to hit most of the speed up pads with the zone ship to get gold, its alot more difficult than the others but its good in a way becouse its more chalenging

Drakkenmensch
8th July 2005, 01:20 PM
Agreed. Mucho challenging. I got MOST of the Sol2 TT golds on the FIRST TRY, and even Citta Nuova was easier than Staten Park. But Exostra Run now... WOW.

I will not give up! :banzai

Sausehuhn
8th July 2005, 01:29 PM
I like that. Most games are a lot easier after playing them for a while than at the beginning. It's good to know that some part of the game are still challenging after this time.
But I'm sure that these TT won't be a problem when you've played the game for months as well.

Drakkenmensch
8th July 2005, 01:45 PM
So far, I've been able to get every single TT gold I've set myself on attaining, including Staten Park. Once I start practicing a specific track, I always get the gold for it within the day - two days at most (Staten Park was HARD :wink: )

Rouni Kenshin#1
8th July 2005, 02:25 PM
stanten park= hard TT :x

20 times before gold!

painfull

Kansas
8th July 2005, 04:20 PM
Yes... mos def.

I had a hard time with the Gamma Tracks... especially Manor Top... man... I had to try like 20-something times...

Dogg Thang
8th July 2005, 05:11 PM
But Manor Top isn't a Gamma track... ?

Kansas
8th July 2005, 05:23 PM
wtf... rofl

as you can see, Manor Top has me seeing :bat

Lion
8th July 2005, 09:13 PM
exostra run took me 2 days to get the flash tt, I got REALLY angry when I missed out by 0.01 seconds :( that's when I took the break and came back to it the next day.
I still haven't got the ubermall flash TT, I find ubermall harder than either of the other US gamma tracks so far

Kansas
8th July 2005, 10:45 PM
I did Ubermall on my fourth try :)

syckls
11th July 2005, 12:12 AM
Right, Ubermall in my opinion isn't nearly as challenging as Exostra Run and Staten Park. I had to race at least 120 laps in Free Play to prepare myself to do Exostra Run time trial on Phantom. Although, bear in mind that I'm still getting used to Wipeout Pure after two weeks on hiatus.

Rouni Kenshin#1
11th July 2005, 02:22 PM
120 laps WOW sombody has no life.

Drakkenmensch
11th July 2005, 02:48 PM
I prefer thinking of it as "dedication"... how is it any different than trying 25 times the same track in Phantom class?

I think I'll try that out for myself. That might help me beat Sol2 in Phantom at last :)

Lance
11th July 2005, 08:02 PM
sounds like a damned good practice mode to me. i wish there were a free run mode in racing games in general. N_Gen Racing has one, but it's a rare thing

G'Kyl
11th July 2005, 08:08 PM
So true. Especially when you think about it: 1) Free Play should in theory be the easiest thing mode to add in the first place, 2) It hurts no one to have it and 3) There are people who miss it everytime the designers decide to not add such a feature. A pitty really. I would have killed much more time with racing games if all of them had some sort of free drive mode.

Ben

Lance
11th July 2005, 08:43 PM
yeah, but getting all that enjoyment time would mean that we had ''no life'' ;)
oh, the tragedy. :D

syckls
11th July 2005, 08:52 PM
The whole "no life" insult has gotten to be pretty skewed. One of my classmates bulks up like a maniac, but no one would even think of saying he had no life (except maybe one kid, but he's weird anyway). I could play video games for half the time and have that same epithet hurled in my direction. Just to show you how biased culture is :roll:

Rouni Kenshin#1
11th July 2005, 09:18 PM
sorry attempting to get the gold by racing the TT over and over gives you a chance but 120 laps in free play with no chance of winning just so you can try is a little pointless.

Lance
11th July 2005, 09:27 PM
it may be pointless to you, but not to others. one's own standard of value is not a universal standard

eLhabib
11th July 2005, 09:27 PM
@ rouni
no it's not, you can get to know the track without any pressure and you don't have to reload after every 3 to 5 laps.

Lion
12th July 2005, 12:11 AM
also gives you a chance to try different things (different boost locations, different lines) without there really being any penalty. to try this during a TT becomes tedious due to the (as mentioned) constant reloads

wirehang
13th July 2005, 01:31 PM
I found Staten Park more challenging than Exostra Run. Not done Ubermall on top classes yet.

matt

Drakkenmensch
13th July 2005, 02:05 PM
Staten Park does seem more challenging, mostly because of the jagged edges of the track early on and the sneaky curves right after the big jump making it easy to land off-track.

Dogg Thang
13th July 2005, 02:15 PM
Yeah, it was missing the track that caused me to mess up all of my early Staten Park times. Although I did have a harder time with Exostra Run in the higher classes.

G'Kyl
13th July 2005, 05:56 PM
However much I enjoy Ubermall (the Hockenheim Circuit of Pure), I found it ridiculously easy in all classes compared to the rest of the Gamma tracks. Exostra Run was hard, but Staten Park in particular gave me a real headache. Those downloads are for the purists indeed. :) Good thing they raised the bar a bit, so even hardcore Wiper (including everybody on this board) would get some work to do.

Ben