PDA

View Full Version : Your best achievements

wirehang
6th July 2005, 09:12 AM
Last night I got a full 4x Gold (32 pts) on Classic tournament in the Assegai at Rapier speed. I'm pretty chuffed with myself.

What are your current best achievements?

matt

phoenixx
6th July 2005, 09:19 AM
Yesterday I did the phantom alpha challenge with the zone craft: gold in the first 3 races - to be blown up in blue ridge. 3 times hit from behind - didn't have a chance.
Sigh. :brickwall

wirehang
6th July 2005, 09:22 AM
I've been trying more single races with the Zone craft and am impressed at how far i can get with it. A gold tourny is just out of my reach though.

matt

phoenixx
6th July 2005, 09:31 AM
Drakkenmensch wrote about the medievil craft:
"It's a very fast, very maneuverable ship that's built out of cardboard and duct tape"

So is the zone craft. Either I'm pretty in front or you find me smoking in a corner. You're right, better for single races than for tourneys.

wirehang
6th July 2005, 09:40 AM
I've managed (joint) silver with the Zone in Classic Rapier tourny though. If only I hadn;t been eliminated in Karbonis.

matt

Hellfire_WZ
6th July 2005, 09:42 AM
Full 96-point Phantom Descension in Triakis. Managed to blow my rival up three times as well. :)

wirehang
6th July 2005, 09:50 AM
I've not unlocked Descension yet. :roll:

phoenixx
6th July 2005, 10:00 AM
@ hellfire: :o 96 pts? great.

Looking forward to gamma pack 3.

Lion
6th July 2005, 11:26 AM
I got past 100 medals the other day, that gave me a real feeling of accomplisment :)
and I finally beat the cittia nuova single race on flash, it's been silver for weeks!

eLhabib
6th July 2005, 12:29 PM
my biggest achievement so far is a perfect race (means 4 PLs) in rapier on citta nuova. those who know the track know what I am talking about!

wirehang
6th July 2005, 12:35 PM
and I finally beat the cittia nuova single race on flash, it's been silver for weeks!
There's a whole other thread about that course! :twisted:

matt

Rouni Kenshin#1
6th July 2005, 11:45 PM
all i have left to beat is the classic tracks single race, time trial and tournement and the accenchen tournement for phantom and i will have beeten the whole thing. 8)

syckls
7th July 2005, 04:23 AM
Winning Phantom Ascension for the first time after blowing up in Sebenco Climb. I hate that track. Later I did a 64-point Phantom Ascension so it's all good. If it's not a false memory, I remember one time I was just a few seconds from the finish line and I got hit by a missile. Luckily I had rockets to slam the offender before it could win the race, but when I tried to recover I hit the wall. I still won, though, but by a very small margin.

Rouni Kenshin#1
8th July 2005, 02:19 AM
de de dt de de de dt

UPDATE

I now posess every Gold Medal Possible to get, including the Gama packs!!!

I HAVE BEATEN THE GAME!!!!

Drakkenmensch
8th July 2005, 03:05 AM
Very impressive! Congrats!

I'm hot on your trail as I have just won gold on Phantom Alpha, unlocking the Beta tracks so I can train and win Phantom Beta - oh yes, precious gold, it shall be mine!!!

diagram
24th July 2005, 05:59 AM
here is my best accomplishment.

buying pure, getting 120 gold in a day, downloading gamma pack 1 when it came out and screwing my profile up.

deleted corrupted profile.

got 130 gold in a day (some odd 4 hours off and on I would say).. now up to 192.

doing every tournament with top points. (1st in all)
finishing all gamma pack time trials in every speed the 1st attempt each.
citta nuova is now my friend.

I'm not sure if this is an accomplisment or not, but another 30 minutes or so i'll have 194 (only two left are rapier and phantom descensions), and at 192 I have 16 hours and .... I think 10 minutes total play time.

<---- addicted to pure.

eLhabib
24th July 2005, 11:27 AM
well this mostly sounds like bragging to me, but if you can do rapier AND phantom descencion in half an hour total, as you claim, then I will be impressed :P :P :P

:wink:

Drakkenmensch
24th July 2005, 11:59 AM
Let's see now... 3 minutes per race (including loading time and profile autosave)... times 12 races... times two classes.. .that's a minimum of 72 minutes to complete two descension tournaments ;)

diagram
24th July 2005, 07:48 PM
finished it today while watching an hour long show... 30 minutes was just an estimate.

how about watching TV and forgetting the race started in phantom, behind by 20 seconds and getting first place on sebenco peak. lol (I was laughing when I won anyway).

eLhabib
24th July 2005, 10:11 PM
oh, you're so good... :clap

now, seriously, if you're good at this game, that's good for you, but quit braggin' about it, only makes other people feel bad.

Lance
24th July 2005, 10:36 PM
a question for all achievers and would-be achievers: have you ever heard Lance Armstrong brag, or so much as seen a subtly smug look on his face while he was asked questions about his achievements?

if you have, i would certainly be interested to know this.

diagram
24th July 2005, 11:56 PM
habib, is this not a "best achievments" thread? I'm not bragging because I am 100% positive that there are wayyyyy more peope that are much better than me at wipeout pure.

All I have said is the crap that happened to me with my save getting corrupted ans atarting over.. (the first time not getting 1st, the 1st attempt through), thats why getting 1st on all the tracks on the first attempt the second time I thought was an achievement.. it was a pain in the ass getting all the gold medals again.

Purist
25th July 2005, 07:07 AM
Well done guys! the hard work pays off eventually dunnit and boy does it feel good...

http://www.usacycling.org/gallery/albums/High-Res-Images/Lance_Armstrong_head.sized.jpg

Lance
25th July 2005, 12:09 PM
just looks happy, imo

infoxicated
25th July 2005, 12:18 PM
Well, that is kind of an old picture... I imagine right now he's looking relieved it's all over. :)

Lance
25th July 2005, 12:38 PM
all the racers probably looked emaciated and burnt out yesterday. an incredibly tough event. it must be extremely hard to win it even once, so i have respect for anyone who's ever won it since it became a big deal and all races were therefore hard-fought. maybe it was a touch easier in the very first tour.
come to think of it, i have respect for anyone who can finish the course; i doubt very much that i could have done it even back when i was a lad

infoxicated
25th July 2005, 12:56 PM
Don't know about that - in the early days there were no team support cars carrying spare bikes that weighed like feathers, and the stage distances were sometimes ridiculously long back in the day. From what I remember they ran overnight occasionally, too, although that might just have been overly grainy footage I've seen. ;)

Although the overall level of competition is higher in modern times, I think the tour always has and always will be a formidable event. Congrats to Lance for picking up his seventh - he's a true sportsman.

Colin Berry
25th July 2005, 01:14 PM
Given that he's had cancer and recovered and competes in what is probably the most physically gruelling intense 'sport' there is, in my humble he's THE sportsman of the era.
Unfortuantely cycling just isnt 'that' exciting.... (In my humble)

Purist
25th July 2005, 01:34 PM
True, I don't find cycling exciting either... then again, that goes for football (soccer to you yanks :D ) cricket, snooker and a multitude of other sports....

:idea: I wonder, if, in the future say around 2040.. there could actually be an anti-grav racing sport... for real!? :D

eLhabib
25th July 2005, 01:44 PM
2140 is more likely...

Purist
25th July 2005, 02:54 PM
True... could happen though... I was gonna say 'here's hoping' but we'll all be dead! - guess I'll miss out on a potential real life Speedball too :cry:

Sausehuhn
25th July 2005, 03:01 PM
you wanted so say all members of the zone will be dead in 2040 8O
I'm sure not...

syckls
25th July 2005, 03:43 PM
*raises hand* Why is the "best achievements" topic now a Lance Armstrong/Tour de France topic?

Every time I beat a record that's on the Ghost Challenge website. My compliments to everyone with a record there; you make me work hard. I'm not uploading those yet on account of the fact that I want to establish a new, sudden reign of terror, not just a long intro that people could work hard to defeat. :twisted:

Purist
25th July 2005, 05:24 PM
That's a good point... but as demonstrated in the past, any display of success or "best achievements" tends to be 'shunned' upon as elitest and as such ensures a world of hate and pain :wink: as only I know all too well. 8O

Lance... just being dry witted! :D

Lance
25th July 2005, 09:58 PM
only you? i sense a certain amount of exaggeration and dramatisation. either that or a typo due to haste. wink. ;)

i believe, perhaps oversensitively, that it had a different purpose than wit. if and only if that is so, your reputation is well deserved.

i am quite sure that both your post and mine should be deleted as flames, however deliberately misdirecting, obscured, or undercover they may be.

-----------------------

Sausehuhn, i'm likewise pretty sure we won't all be dead by then. even i might just barely conceivably live to 2040 [yikes! 97. scary. ] so it's pretty certain that most of the rest of you will still be around even longer than that. oh, what cool things you will see. lucky bastards. :)
oh, man, the videogames of 2040. just think what we'll be able to do then!

syckls
25th July 2005, 11:34 PM
I fear the video games of 2040. They'll cost as much as a console does today. Wait... never mind, I fear the video game consoles of 2040. At least they'll all be portable, the whole point of stationary consoles becoming moot with the increasing miniaturization technology.

wirehang
26th July 2005, 09:41 AM
For all the Lance Armstrong fans

http://www.newsdesigner.com/archives/000611.php

phoenixx
26th July 2005, 09:46 AM
he's a legend like michael schumacher. congratulations from germany.

eLhabib
26th July 2005, 09:55 AM
michael schumacher? a legend? HA! HAHAHAHAH! You're kidding, right? As this year's formula 1 season depicts most clearly, he can do NOTHING if his car isn't supreme like it was in his winning years!

btw, he's one of the most arrogant a-holes in sport I have ever seen, only surpassed by Oliver Kahn.

phoenixx
26th July 2005, 10:39 AM
as far as I remember there is no other driver with 7 championships.
BTW he's considered to be 1 sec better / lap than his contenders.
and he never appeared arrogant to me... maybe you know facts that I don't know?

eLhabib
26th July 2005, 11:40 AM
aw cmon, just look at EVERY press conference and interview with him! He might be a good driver, but it needs more than that to become a legend. Jean Alesi is a legend, so is Jackie Stewart.

wirehang
26th July 2005, 11:42 AM
So is Mr T

phoenixx
26th July 2005, 11:43 AM
it needs more than that to become a legend.

can't believe that

ZonePilot
30th July 2005, 04:56 PM
So far, I have 186 gold medals. The only tourney I'm having trouble with is the Phantom Class Descension tournament. I mainly use the Zone ship, but I tried the tourney with the Van Uber craft and I did pretty well, but I still only got the Silver Medal. What ship would you guys suggest for the Phantom Class Descension tourney?

Sausehuhn
30th July 2005, 05:21 PM
The zone ship isn't that good ... so that is what I've heard.

And welcome to the forums! :)

ZonePilot
31st July 2005, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the welcome Sausehuhn.