PDA

View Full Version : Wax Your PSP. You're welcome.

TMoney
24th June 2005, 05:00 PM
Folks.... Put a few coats of liquid car wax on your PSP and buff it off. Fingerprints seem to evaporate... and less/no scratching. You're welcome.

Yeah go ahead and move this post if it needs to be.

Peace.

Snapper
24th June 2005, 06:55 PM
Personally I use that little fabric thing they give you, but I tried that and it does work better. I can see my face. :o

Sausehuhn
24th June 2005, 06:58 PM
@TMoney
Did I understand right? You use car wax to protect your PSP?The whole PSP? Or just teh scren?
@ Snapper:
That you can see your face is not really as good as it sounds, because the same will be with the sun. And you can't see the game at the screen :?

eLhabib
25th June 2005, 01:37 AM
well you can't really play PSP out in the sun anyway. unless you have a little mobile black tent with you all the time.

TMoney
25th June 2005, 01:48 AM
You heard right. Car wax - only on the face.

Dogg Thang
25th June 2005, 09:21 AM
I used Brasso on my iPod and it came up lovely. But for PSP I think a screen protector is a must. Those Hori screen protectors are great - they fit well, they are incredibly clear and surprisingly scratch resistant.

There is a great feeling of safety that comes with them and, with handheld gaming, I think that's something that is needed. For example, I play WO on the bus and, when I get to my stop, I like to just pop it on standby and shove it into the case. With no screen protector, that would be likely to cause scratches.

rejj
26th June 2005, 03:18 AM
I just use one of the Hori "Liquid Crystal Filter"s.. plastic/silicon/something screen protector. They are pretty cheap, and last quite a long time.

Manic
26th June 2005, 01:27 PM
You heard right. Car wax - only on the face.

/ Naah... I tried using an electric polishing machine and my eyebrows got stuck. Wasn't a nice feeling.

yawnstretch
26th June 2005, 01:34 PM
:P

Drakkenmensch
3rd July 2005, 01:41 AM
I just applied some car wax on my PSP screen for the first time today, and I have to say I'm seriously impressed with the results. My screen hasn't been this CLEAN in weeks, and many of the small scratches have vanished, and this will only get better as I regularly apply more wax and the larger nicks will continue to be filled up.

Thank you for some great advice!!! :D

infoxicated
3rd July 2005, 12:06 PM
I thought Thrusty's advice was pretty good too...

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1977

TMoney
3rd July 2005, 10:11 PM
Don't mention it Drakkenmensch.