PDA

View Full Version : So, Which Will It Be?

science
24th June 2005, 06:35 AM
Will you be snatching up an XBox 360 around XMas, or will you hold out a little longer for the PS3? Or will it be both?(!)

My money is on the PS3. Mmmmmmm.

Shem
24th June 2005, 06:47 AM
ps3.

Sumimasen
24th June 2005, 07:12 AM
Both. But when you say a little longer for the PS3, I think you mean a LOT longer!

My preference in the current gen is with the XBOX, no question. Sony have hyped up the PS3 and claims that it's twice as powerful as X360 will simply be untrue. The machines are too similar for there to be that sort of performance gap.

As, I said, I'll still get both (and a Ninty Rev too), but given the choice, if I could only have one, it would be the X360...

Hellfire_WZ
24th June 2005, 07:36 AM
PS3. Seeing as I'll be parting with my PS2 to fund it, I'm not losing all those games. Besides, interaction with the PSP fascinates me as well.

aesop
24th June 2005, 07:40 AM
I'll wait until the Playstation 3 is available, and buy that and a 360 on the same day. I'll then buy a Nintendo Revolution once it's had a price drop to around £50, which will happen about a month after release. Maybe sooner.

Dimension
24th June 2005, 08:25 AM
Neither TBH, got enough games consoles already :oops:

infoxicated
24th June 2005, 08:59 AM
There's aesop - doing his part to perpetuate the myth that us Scots are tight! ;) :D

I'll probably go with PS3 - it's the only console we'll see a Wipeout sequel on, and I'm not the kind of person to own more than one type of console. (At one point I owned three PS2's, but I'm down to a sensible two now. :) )

Lion
24th June 2005, 10:36 AM
I currently own 3 sega saturns.
of the new consoles the only one I'm likely to spring for is the PS3 due to wipeout, I have none of the current generation

Rapier Racer
24th June 2005, 11:03 AM
PS3 because of possible Wipeout sequel, if it wasn’t for Wipeout I would have went for the xbox360, but the PSP connectivity thing also interests me

Manic
24th June 2005, 01:03 PM
PS3 of course! What? You think I'm stupid enough to buy something which not only uses sofware but also hardware from Microsoft...? Sheesh...

Plus, Sony's got the high-quality works and all the good licenses. It wouldn't be very smart not to stick with that winning team.

lunar
24th June 2005, 01:48 PM
PS3 assuming there`s a wipeout for it. If not I would go 360 as most of my gaming friends are X-Boxers for life.

Dogg Thang
24th June 2005, 02:06 PM
None this time. I have the three current gen consoles and all three are gathering dust and have done for quite some time.

Sausehuhn
24th June 2005, 06:07 PM
PS3.
Brilliant graphics and - the reason - it's nearly confirmed that a new WipEout will be available for the PS3, isn't it?

zargz
24th June 2005, 06:31 PM
wo" has come with every new playstation so there should be no doubt there'll follow another one with the ps3 release :mr-t
when I get back from my vacations and get a job I'll get me one!
Although there seems to be at least a year till then, right ?? :?
Didn't reallt bothered to think about that since I still am to buy a psp with pure :|

Rapier Racer
24th June 2005, 07:35 PM
Sony's got the high-quality works.

*Falls off chair*

Disk read error

Hail Seizure
24th June 2005, 08:19 PM
PS3, If it has a Wipeout game. Only if it's a damn good one, mind.
Revolution, if it gets an F-Zero game (also only if it's a damn good one), and as long as they don't do something stupid with the design of the controller, like make it something like a wireless Airpad with a touchscreen and no buttons. That would suck.
F-zero was half the reason I bought my Cube and the only reason I still have an N64. :oops:

eLhabib
25th June 2005, 01:33 AM
Sony's got the high-quality works.

*Falls off chair*

Disk read error

ROFL
so f*kin' true I can hardly say anithing more than +1

Wiseman
25th June 2005, 04:12 AM
I'm not in line to purchase either one, as of now. If they want to impress me, they need to work a lot harder than what they are doing now.

Manic
25th June 2005, 09:58 AM
/ I concur.

/ The performance of the PS3 looks a bit dim. It seems have processor speed enough to outmatch both the Revolution and the X360, as well as better network connection capabilities, but I'm worried about the graphic memory and internal memory parts. They need to be doubled if Sony's machine is going to stand out as the best one of the three. Otherwise, I think it's completely possible the X360 will win with the crowd on walkover, because it's such an important aspect of the machine's performance.

phoenixx
25th June 2005, 06:17 PM
which machine will it be? hmmmmmmmmm :idea: will there be a machine with a wipeout game?

yawnstretch
25th June 2005, 06:25 PM
The PSP connectivity interests me too. Killzone and wipeout would be the clinching decision makers though. I loved Killzone 1 and well - wipEout? Do I even need to explain my undying love for it on THIS forum?

Xbox does interest me - but I certainly cant afford both. When it comes down to it - wipEout is my favourite game of all time so I'll buy every version of it.

Sumimasen
25th June 2005, 10:33 PM
If purE is an indication of where the WO series is heading, then it's all good.

On the other hand, if the PS3 gets another 'Fusion' then that's a different matter - I certainly wouldn't have missed all the great games the XBOX has had just to get that piece of...

...Quantum Redshift was a good game (not great), but Fusion? I have so many issues with Fusion... :roll:

rejj
26th June 2005, 03:29 AM
I'll get both. I'll probably get a 360 on launch week, or at least in it's launch month. The library on xbox is mature enough now that there are genuinely good games on it, and I see absolutely no sense in arguements about "console loyalty" or whatever...
Saying "I'll get a ps3 because xbox (and/or microsoft) sucks!" seems rather ludicrous to me. If the games are good, I'll get the console and play them.

... and what we've seen so far from both consoles (pretty much only from this year's E3 so far) has made them both look pretty good.

Manic
26th June 2005, 12:05 PM
/ I played Quantum Redshift and I can say that it holds a few similarities with Fusion. can be found in there too... The racing feeling is very good and the physics of the game are excellent, but the crafts, tracks and the characters (especially the voice actors...) all suffer from the same problem as Fusion's: they're toyish.

/ Brightly coloured, round and exaggerated, that game's overall design looks like a child's toybox.

/ And those were still not the main problems with Fusion. Those were the game's physics and that annoying menu system (I hate Fusion's menu music).

Thruster2097
27th June 2005, 06:42 PM
Personally not interested in any next-gen consoles. I'd rather spend the money on my PC. It's due for an upgrade, and most of the games I want to play (obvious exception not included) are all multi format anyways.

But if you were to torture me for an answer.... I would go for the PS3.

Mobius
27th June 2005, 06:57 PM
I'll probably go for the ps3 if their reliabillity improves over the ps2 - i have one which gets DRE's the controllers dont vibrate and some lights are blown on it...

If not i might go for a 360. Yes, that would be wipeout suicide...erm then mabey ill stick with sony then...Damn...

science
28th June 2005, 04:42 AM
about the graphics memory issue, although the new xbox has more, it is shared with something else (dont remember). I still can't get used to the xbox controller. I simply hate it.
On a different note, there is a very cool article in a recent 'Wired' magazine about the 360. It will keep some sort of Uber profile on users- not just for one game but for all games, for various and sundry reasons. It sounds very cool and I'd say that sony will have something similar. I believe both consoles will be more online oriented this time around, i.e. Sony and Microsoft are going to ensure that the next generation of console gamers never ever leave the couch....ever.
I have a feeling that when it comes to choosing between the virtual and the real worlds, I will be quite torn.

Space Cowboy
28th June 2005, 10:13 AM
After the atrocious way Sony have treated me regarding the sale of my PSP, I will be getting an XBOX 360.
Sony IMO do not deserve any more of my money. I know that M$ are just as bad but in this case Im willing to disregard that and look forward to Halo 3 :)

Rapier Racer
28th June 2005, 09:40 PM
Well at least M$ say that they will be launching the xbox360 in America, Japan and Europe at the same time, what are Sonys plans for the PS3 I havn't heard? Another PSP type launch is it?

Thruster2097
28th June 2005, 10:28 PM
I feel that is a little unfair to sony when you consider that the PSP is actually worth waiting for. :)
The xbox has been nothing more to me than an uprated dreamcast. All tech-spec but no user-friendliness. Sony's understanding of how to make a multimedia machine fit into everyones' lifestyle is flawless, and thats pretty much the only reasoning that I have to find favour in the PS3.