PDA

View Full Version : Who wrote this

JABBERJAW
17th June 2005, 07:51 PM
The "daddy" of all controllers, the NegCon. Hard to use, twice as hard to find, but the effort is reputed to pay off in a serious reduction of lap times, and that alone is enough of a reason to get one! Made famous by its unique twistable structure, its total analog buttons, and also made famous by Mr. Al Sartwell "the king of AG racing", for being his preferred controller.

Legend has it that there is also a black NegCon, but details of this ultra-ULTRA-limited edition pad are scarce to say the least! Production of the NegCon started with its release for Ridge Racer, and was halted just as it became famous. If you own one of these, you belong to a club of very few members, and if you can use it, you are truly one of the elite in that small club.

After months and months of absence from the Playstation market in Japan and America, Namco's fabled NeGcon pad returns here on eBay. A favorite of racing game fans who want analog driving control but have no need for foot pedals or a bulky wheel, the NeGcon offers tactile twist action in a handy, compact package. You'll fight the turns and barrel down the thru-ways of Rage Racer with consummate control with the NegCon as your "wheel".

this was a negcon that was for sale on ebay. Very funny!! :D

Lance
17th June 2005, 09:17 PM
you don't suppose it was Thrusty, do you?

Hail Seizure
18th June 2005, 11:32 PM
How much did it go for?
Mine was £1.99 brand new.
:D

phoenixx
20th June 2005, 08:46 AM
I bought another negcon for 11.70 € at eBay yesterday.

JABBERJAW
20th June 2005, 02:55 PM
no idea, except that it must be an older member of wipeoutzone

Thruster2097
20th June 2005, 10:48 PM
The first and second paragraph are all mine, taken from the article on the zone "..its all about control, honest!"
LINK: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/features.php?action=display&id=23

The last paragraph was added by whoever was selling the item.

And, to clear this up, that wasn't me selling anything on ebay. Trust me, if I had a neggie I wouldnt be selling it!

So thanks, eBay user, and welcome to wipeoutzone, I guess :?

btw, lance, how did you guess?

Lance
21st June 2005, 12:30 AM
when i first joined the WZ, i read your article on controllers, and i think i re-read it back about a year and a half ago when Joel gave me a neGcon. anyway, when i read Al's post it sounded familiar and i thought it was probably your words, but i was too lazy to go check. hence, the question instead of a definite statement. yeah, i really shoulda checked

Lion
21st June 2005, 10:59 AM
thrusty, dunno if you wanna fill in the blanks but I found pics of the playstation dual analogue controller, even comparison pics shown right beside a dualshock
link! (http://www.the-nextlevel.com/features/hardware/dual-analog-pad/)

Thruster2097
21st June 2005, 08:52 PM
thanks, lion, but its kinda upto infoxicated now. Since its being hosted on the wipeoutzone, I cant touch it. But I can give him a friendly poke to see if he wants to fill in the blanx. Thanx. :P

(edit) just looked at the link, wow! that certainly is the original analog cotroller! Ted Boyke is offically more of a control (ler) freak than I ever could be. My hat, sir, is tipped in your general direction.