PDA

View Full Version : glitches

username
15th June 2005, 03:30 PM
has anyone noticed that on wof if you race on katmoda12 your craft will blow up for no reason :evil: .
also i found out that if you get laped you will also be eliminated from the race. :cry:

Sausehuhn
15th June 2005, 03:49 PM
If you mean "get laped" = "overlap" (didn't find "get laped" in the dictionary :roll: ) I can't agree. You just get eliminated if you're flying the wrong way too long and the opponents are crashing into the front of your craft.
The thing with Katmoda 12 is true, I hate that. It's just at the 2. track and won't happen all the time, slow down (or get very fast - don't know if this works, just read this) and you won't be destroyed. There's a thread here in the forum about this if I'm right...

Mobius
15th June 2005, 04:06 PM
Eh? what katmoda 12 glitch?

The collision hull witht he environment is off - an have made an xios do a backflip somehow when being spammed.

Lion
15th June 2005, 07:03 PM
If you mean "get laped" = "overlap" (didn't find "get laped" in the dictionary :roll: ) I can't agree. You just get eliminated if you're flying the wrong way too long and the opponents are crashing into the front of your craft.he made a spelling mistake, should be "lapped". the term means (in this context) that you are passed by a competitor that is a full lap ahead of you on a loop track. (eg: coming last, and the guy coming first drives past you because he's a full lap in front)
I imagine driving backwards would cause the same effect

username
17th June 2005, 08:43 AM
it might not actually be a glitch because before you blow up it says: lapping imminant.
im not sure.
also has anyone noticed that if you grind along the wall and go near the pit your craft catches on something and is violently span around :evil:

eLhabib
17th June 2005, 09:45 AM
getting destroyed when being overlapped is NOT a glitch, I think it's even mentioned in the game manual.

Spinning around crazily when hitting an energy wall, however, IS a glitch, and a very annoying one, too.

username
17th June 2005, 11:32 AM
what page in the manual cuz ive looked for it in there since i first got blown up but could never find it

Mobius
17th June 2005, 03:33 PM
It does say on the website a ship removes you if you are - i tried it by not moving off the line - got lapped by everyone and nothing happened.

Rapier Racer
17th June 2005, 08:35 PM
I remember conducting a multi player experiment to try and confirm that, everyone passed the stationary ship but it didn’t explode, it blew up at the start of the third lap courtesy of the Nitro Rocket and Power Swarm that hit it

username
20th June 2005, 04:15 PM
it only works on single player for some reason. and its not you being damegd by weapons.
you will still be destroyed even if you are in the pit

Sausehuhn
20th June 2005, 06:19 PM
I never had the problem that I explode when I was overlapped (also when this was years ago ;) ). I just had that when I fly the wrong way and ships are coming. so when crash into another craft too often while flying a track backwards you explode.
That's what I've noticed, the "overlapped and explode"-thing never happend with me 8)

username
27th June 2005, 11:37 AM
could be just my copie thats a little bad- it does tend to slow down alot of the time. :cry: however everyone thats played katmoda 12 cant tell me that there ship has never blown up for no reason :lol:

Sausehuhn
27th June 2005, 02:02 PM
Nah, you had to ask that question a few weeks ago. I never blow up for years. It was the 1st time a few weekends ago...

username
5th July 2005, 12:40 PM
heres another glitch: go on multiplayer with no computer players and only grav-stinger on, on florienheights course 3 just before the big cliff fall put down a grav-stinger RIGHT ON THE EDGE ! ! when the other player comes along and hits it he will plumit at about 3000 km( the highest speed i ever made it do :wink: ) to the floor!

infoxicated
5th July 2005, 01:57 PM
That doesn't sound like a glitch at all, but it would be a good gag to catch someone with, though.

eLhabib
5th July 2005, 05:21 PM
I suppose it doesn't do more damage than your normal grav-stinger, though, does it? Cause if it would make 'appropriate' damage (means destruction), that would be rad! 8O

Mobius
5th July 2005, 06:53 PM
No sadly, there isnt a collison hull on the ground around the landing strip so you just go through the floor.

username
6th July 2005, 10:55 AM
sometimes it goes straight through, but if youre fast enough to make it to the end then your craft will hit the floor and then i cant really describe it!! it kind of stays with its jets facing up until you go past the finish line :?