PDA

View Full Version : A word about the AI !

zargz
10th June 2005, 09:01 PM
I raced a wip3out Tournament at Phantom with Fiesar, cockpit view ( that I find hardest ), weapons on but i didn't use weapons, hyperthrust nor pitlane!
Result: I won all tracks exept Sampa Run where i got second.
Same way I raced a Classic Tournament - No shortcuts, Ofcource!
This was actually harder got 3rd on Terramax, 2nd on Gare d'Europa and Odessa keys.
The rest I won - alltogether 66 points of 80.

This said I got only one word for the AI of wo3se - it Sucks! :evil:
Big time!

Nevertheless SE is my favorite of the wo"s for the psx coz of this:

1.Multiplayer - 2 players split screen and link 1-4 players! :D

2. Ghost saves - enables you to race real people through the net.

3. The vast amount of tracks - athough most classic are f*ked up coz of the shortcuts. However playable under stick2trax conditions 8)
--------------------

In wo3pal and ntsc the 4th prototype on Phantom is the Hardest to beat in any wo3 game!!!
I wish there was an option for making All tracks that hard! :?

That is why I can't wait to get my hands on Pure!!!
Finally a Really Hard WO"!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

.. right?

infoxicated
10th June 2005, 11:51 PM
Don't hold your breath... the formula hasn't exactly changed much - you'll probably still require the challenge of racing real people or their ghosts.

Lion
11th June 2005, 12:43 AM
you'll be wanting to jump on xlink when you get pure. the ai are generally pretty braindead, it's their cheating at the start that makes it a challenge

zargz
11th June 2005, 12:54 AM
Hey! Wait a minute!!

* feeling like a kid that someone just stole his candy *

So what is all the fuzz about the Game being so HARD???!!! :? ?!

:cry: bu huu!

Lion
11th June 2005, 01:28 AM
they get a pretty big lead at the start, and the tracks are difficult enough (citta nuova) that it's hard to claw it back. especially since the ai now uses all weapons. I probably overstated before too, their weapon usage is often evil, getting you just before a corner so that you're likely to hit the wall on the inside as well as taking their damage. they do not play like humans though. doesn't seem to be any intentional ramming for example.
and in the timetrials the times are pretty damned good, so it's not easy to get golds right away there either.