PDA

View Full Version : Superships or not?

JABBERJAW
10th June 2005, 12:57 PM
I played modesto the other day and found something interesting. My lap time between feisar and zone ship were about .5 seconds apart. Maybe if I played a bit more it could be a little more, but surely under 1 second. feisar has a speed rating of 2 and zone 5. Besides shield the other stats are the same. I did the barrel roll the same number of times for both ships. There may be more of a difference on an easy track, but shouldn't there be more of a difference on this track based on the ratings? So there really is no supership, just one slightly better, and that is without even trying the other ships. That is why I asked for a supership after all the updates are finally given out. I'll probably give a few different tracks a speed test to really see the differences between the ships. If anyone else would like to do this as well, please post your results here. I'm speaking phantom here by the way.

Hellfire_WZ
10th June 2005, 02:08 PM
I'll run a check as well. I'll go on Modesto Heights as well and do 20 laps in a FEISAR and Zone ship. Should be able to get an average lap time difference from that.

JABBERJAW
10th June 2005, 02:33 PM
I'm actually just interested in the best lap you can do with each ship. The average will skew it I think. Basically coming around to the starting line the same every time with both ships and then not hitting hard anywhere + kinda getting in the same sort of run. I'm going to test this on track 8 as well(or would track 1 be easier?

Hellfire_WZ
10th June 2005, 02:42 PM
I've just done it, and it's come up the same for me. I did 20 laps in the FEISAR in 8:43, so that's an average lap time of 26.15 seconds. The Zone ship took 8:31, giving a lap time of 25.55. That's a difference of 0.6 seconds. On the other hand, the best laps were further apart, about 1.2 seconds. Still not a lot though when compared to the differences between ships in 2097 or W3O.

I can only guess this was done to make things a little more balanced for multiplayer races, otherwise there would be little incentive to go with any of the slower ships. While the extra speed does help, it brings pilot skill into the equation to a much greater degree.

zargz
10th June 2005, 03:15 PM
Balance makes sence to me and I like it! :D
Now I want a psp even More!

*psp and Pure right Now or 1 month on a paradise island*
AARGGH! Choices, choices! 8)

Rapier Racer
10th June 2005, 03:24 PM
are you mad? PSP :!:

Captain Q
10th June 2005, 06:57 PM
Slightly modifying this topic, I would be very much opposed to the concept of a super ship in wipEout Pure (unless I have wrong info and one exists already). Of course some have to be a bit better than others, but one ship to dominate all... nah.

Q

Lion
11th June 2005, 01:14 AM
I can understand why it would be desirable to have one... at least for people like zoolander :P maybe if it was only made available after completing the entire game it would be acceptable?
sites like def's ghost tables would have to have a separate section for it.
I for one would be happy for the final ship download to be uber, even with infinite energy to allow more barrel rolling? would be cool to effectively have another class just for something like this, to absolutely milk the best possible times out of the game.

zargz
11th June 2005, 01:30 AM
http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/sef.gif You speak of Zone, young padwan.

;)

defor
11th June 2005, 02:11 AM
I still get better times with medievil although I worked my way through most of the TT on zone... the medievil, just feels like it has better handling... so I've been working my best laps down using it over the zone.

Hellfire_WZ
11th June 2005, 09:45 AM
I think that's down to its slightly lower speed rating. I prefer the Triakis to the Piranha even though they both handle equaly badly, the slightly lower speed of the Triakis seems to make a world of difference.

lunar
17th June 2005, 11:59 PM
I love the balance of the ships and the fact that there is no supership, but I can appreciate the need of some people to have the game go faster. For me its okay as its a handheld and just coping with the fiddlestick and the tiny screen makes it tough enough. But if this were a full screen game a new class, Uber-Phantom, would be required, while keeping the lovely ship balance, of course.