PDA

View Full Version : Alternate music in Wipeout 3: Special Edition

vh5150
26th March 2002, 09:37 PM
I have made a few coasters but finally accomplished what I thought would be impossible.

I have made my original Wipeout 3: Special Edition into something different.

I am able to play this game with alternate music tracks in game. No I am not talking about
swapping out discs while playing. I took a while but It is very simple to do.

I have from various Wipeout versions able to make my version of Wipeout 3: Special Edition play:
CoLD SToRAGE.

You might think why did I do that. I like the music from the previous Wipeout games and thought it would be fitting that his music accompany the tracks they were from.

I plan on doing both a Commander Tom and Crystal Method/Chemical Brothers versions as well.

I also want to do a mixed trance version from artists like Aqualite, Nynex, FSOL, etc.

Give me some input if you like.

I will give instructions on how to do this in the very near future.

Wiseman
27th March 2002, 05:23 AM
My friend did this as well, but his PSX was modded, so all he did was just swipe the .wav files on the CD for whatever tracks he wanted, burn the CD, and play.

vh5150
26th April 2002, 11:25 PM
Tools needed:
Wipeout 3: Special Edition (in this case)
CDRWIN
CDRCUE sheet editor or text editing app for cue file.
Whatever music you want not to exceed 13 .wav tracks (14 if you include the data)
This is for those who have the RETAIL version of the game:

Open CDRWIN.
Select extract disc/tracks/sectors button,
extract mode = select sectors.
Then (making sure you picked a filename) select your start and end sectors:
000000 Start 040246 End.
Datatype is DATA MODE 2 RAW (2352) ... this is a PSX game you know,
then carry on with whatever reading options you have available and are comfortable with.
Then press start.

Warnings: DO NOT choose the select tracks radio button or you will come up with errors everytime at around the 98% mark. And don't choose extract disc either.

By this time you can patch the game to NTSC with pal4u2K then p4upatch to patch it.
then use eccregen to fix the ecc or you will get a coaster.

Rip any audio file to .wav format. The default files in this particular disc are .wav not .cda. Remember they have to be 13 tracks!!! If you exceed this you will not be able to select them in game play. The data track is 8:58 minutes long so figure it out for either 74 minute or 80 minute discs.
Edit the cue file to include the bin and then wavs like so (this is a template):

FILE w3se.bin BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE 02.wav WAVE
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
FILE 03.wav WAVE
TRACK 03 AUDIO
FILE 04.wav WAVE
TRACK 04 AUDIO

etc etc etc on till track 14

Remember this is a template and there has to be a pregap or else the Fiesar audio track (TRACK 02) won't play in game!!! Also if you have less than 14 tracks then whatever you have will only play.

Burn in either CDRWIN, NERO, ALCOHOL 120% and CD-MATE.

When the game boots the psx/ps1/ps2 reads the TOC like any other game. Just that this one has new music selected by you. They can be played in whatever way you want in the audio options.

This works on my PS2 30001 model. I use a NeoKey mod on my PS2. This setup works nice.

On the PSX I have model 1001, with a game enhancer plugged in the back. The audio tracks are messed up. They will play on some tracks. This must be because I had to swap the discs. Even with the original the TOC will be changed remember!

If you have a chipped PSX or PS1 send me a message.

This is for informational purposes only. You must have an original in your library. Please study any copyright and fair use laws in your country. All rights reserved.