PDA

View Full Version : something funny found at wipeoutpure.com (sorry if old)

Animagic
9th June 2005, 07:44 PM
I was looking through the heritage section of the wipeout pure website (http://www.wipeoutpure.com) and saw this,
I thought it was a cute nod towards WipeoutZone forums and the other die-hard wipeout fans out there that were disappointed with Wipeout:Fusion...

http://www.longhairproductions.com/vagabondarts/images/wozoneshoutout.jpg

as an aside:
I also find it interesting that they talk about amateur leagues on makeshift circuits in there
right before the events of Pure.

So maybe some of the ideas and suggestions in the PS3 game thread (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2243) have premonition to them!

anyway, I thought this was cool and wanted to share :)

Rapier Racer
9th June 2005, 07:51 PM
Didn't infox write that stuff?

Lance
9th June 2005, 07:51 PM
yes, this has been posted before in the WZ. very cool image.

and yes, our very own ''infoxicated'' wrote the new official history of Wipeout

Axel
9th June 2005, 08:46 PM
gotta love the guy. I hope the PS3 version strives to be the best one, I'm very happy with the effort they placed into the PSP version, lets hope they give it all they got for the PS3 version. Fusion still gives me nightmares.

yawnstretch
9th June 2005, 11:03 PM
Heh - I remember reading this and thinking the exact same thing!

Brilliant stuff - well done infox if you had a hand in it.

Pure just gets better and better the more I play it.

Could honestly be my favourite wipeout. Ever.

8O
:o 8O

Zero [RG] [HG]
10th June 2005, 02:54 AM
On the Heritage thing, it says something about an FX150 Amateur league... why didn't they make a game for that? Several amateur league teams with handbuilt from scratch ships and restored ones race on unpaved tracks and all that... Hmm...

Lion
10th June 2005, 05:20 AM
if that game had been made in place of pure then there would have been incredible amounts of bitching about the absence of the classic teams. with the benefit of hindsight I'm sure that scee leeds could do a wonderful job of it now. but if they had given us that instead of pure i think it would have been met with a lot of resistance

infoxicated
11th June 2005, 12:06 AM
The "FX150 league" was a complete ass-pull that only came into my head when I was working on the back story late last year. Heck, it might even have been as late as January or February of this year - so that's an age after they decided to make Wipeout Pure.

The league for 'Pure had already been named the FX300 months before I had anything to do with the back story. But as I worked my way through the chronology I arrived at the mid 2180's, and it just so happened that 2185 was the 150th anniversary of the first AG flight. So I figured that the FX150 would be a good name for an amateur league, as the numbers marked the anniversary.

Once again, explaining this has me blushing because it sounds so darn cheesy! :) :oops:

Lance
11th June 2005, 01:27 AM
cheesy? no way! [and anyway i am very fond of muenster and cheddar and romano and.... ]
i think the amateur league based on old, home-modified ships is great. i would love to see a game for it

Animagic
11th June 2005, 04:08 AM
I think the amateur league based on old, home-modified ships is great. I would love to see a game for it
I totally agree

Zero [RG] [HG]
11th June 2005, 05:25 AM
And that's why I mentioned it.

Captain Q
11th June 2005, 09:44 PM
.and yes, our very own ''infoxicated'' wrote the new official history of Wipeout.

I'm impressed by his writing skills. Very good work... I love the backstory!

Q