PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable content: where is it?!

JABBERJAW
7th June 2005, 04:39 PM
Is downloadable content even available for the american version yet? if so where can you find it?

wirehang
7th June 2005, 04:44 PM
www.wipeoutpure.com

Click: United States, PSP Downloads, Game Packages. or use your PSP to grab the download in game via wireless internet connection

JABBERJAW
8th June 2005, 02:29 PM
I don't have a computer at home. How do I go about either downloading it and hooking the psp to the computer, or wireless(not sure how to do it from school)

wirehang
8th June 2005, 02:40 PM
Wireless connects to a wireless network.

To connect PSP to a computer you need a suitable USB cable.

matt

Task
8th June 2005, 03:02 PM
Al, just go to a Starbucks and order yourself some WOPure updates along with your double tall latte frappachino.

Last I heard, they were all running a wireless hotspot inside their franchise.

Any place with wireless internet access (like the airport) is going to get the job done for you.

I'm afraid you'll have to leave your house. 8 )

wirehang
8th June 2005, 03:05 PM
I'm afraid you'll have to leave your house. 8 )
Hahaha! :D

matt

JABBERJAW
8th June 2005, 03:18 PM
Tall!!!! only VEnti my friend, and make it a chai frapp instead.

Can you download both packs already?

Kansas
8th June 2005, 05:19 PM
yeah? when is that new pack ready?

Sven
8th June 2005, 08:22 PM
Al, just go to a Starbucks and order yourself some WOPure updates along with your double tall latte frappachino.
Actually, I heard that the PSP doesn't work with public hotspots...but I could be wrong/confused.

Lance
8th June 2005, 08:26 PM
Al! ?!?!?!
no computer at home? [faints]
how can you live? continute to exist? keep on keepin' on?

i feel very queasy all of a sudden. without my home computer there would be insufficient disturbance of the force, too much entropy, to survive.
egad

surely there must be a cheaper way to get wifi access than to sit in a Starbucks drinking multiple cups of one-hundred-american-dollars-a-shot coffee?
[i exaggerate slightly. unlike the no-computer portion of this post, in which i do not exaggerate at All!]

Zero [RG] [HG]
9th June 2005, 03:04 AM
If he has no computer, how can he post on the forums? :\

Lance
9th June 2005, 03:37 AM
no computer at hOme, but access can be had in many ways

Lion
9th June 2005, 05:40 AM
you lucky people... starbucks here provides the infrastructure, but try get out and it asks you for login information in the form of username and password for xtra (our largest isp, owned by our largest telco) which sucks for the rest of us who don't use them...
oh well, good thing we have wireless in the flat (and I have the usb lead)

Space Cowboy
9th June 2005, 06:05 AM
The PSP does work with public hotspots. I just have to go into my back garden, scan, and then connect to the routers that appear :) My neighbours dont seem bothered by my use of their wi-fi connections lol ;)

Sven
9th June 2005, 07:57 PM
That's not a public hotspot, it's a private wireless hub that happens to be unprotected.

edit by Lance: quotation eliminated; read the guidelines, please.

Sausehuhn
10th June 2005, 02:24 PM
The new content for the japanese version is out now!!
Could somebody download the content and take a few photos?

GAMMA PACK 3:
Exostra Run
Ubermall
Qirex Skin
Auricom Skin

Two new tracks?!?!? 8O

>> http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wipeout/

PS: it's more than 10MB big!!

Rapier Racer
10th June 2005, 02:40 PM
wheres the ship?

Hellfire_WZ
10th June 2005, 02:52 PM
I think the ships are coming out in the Delta packs. This pack completes the Gamma league. I'll try and grab some screenshots when i can get my hands on it.

Edit: I can't read Japanese, but I'm sure I can make out 17/6 on that link. Looks like it's not out till next Friday. :(

uberweng
10th June 2005, 04:25 PM
rokugatsu junananichi juuichiji dawanroudo kaishi yotei

Translation:
11am 17 june plan to start download

Little bit strange. they say plan to start download/make download available not download will be available. will have to wait and see.

Rapier Racer
10th June 2005, 04:34 PM
I see on wipeoutpure.com that there are 4 empty boxes on the teams page, does this mean we will have some info for the downloadable teams? has this been answered elsewhere I think I noticed this 5 years after the rest of the forum

Mobius
10th June 2005, 05:40 PM
No, it hasnt, i have been thinking the same thing also - it makes sense.

Hellfire_WZ
10th June 2005, 08:00 PM
Little bit strange. they say plan to start download/make download available not download will be available. will have to wait and see.

I believe they mean it will be available, Japanese really isn't a language to translate literally word-for-word. They did that in Zero Wing and I think "All your base are belong to us" has become the most well known mistranslation in the gaming world. :wink:

Lion
11th June 2005, 01:10 AM
I see on wipeoutpure.com that there are 4 empty boxes on the teams page, does this mean we will have some info for the downloadable teams?if this were the case we'd already have info there on the Tigron ship wouldn't we?

Hellfire_WZ
11th June 2005, 09:43 AM
Unless they're going to put them up when they're all available?

uberweng
11th June 2005, 11:14 AM
...I believe they mean it will be available, Japanese really isn't a language to translate literally word-for-word...

I am aware of this but there is a much easier/more common way to say it "will be available" and so their choice of words/kanji seemed a little odd to me.

Dogg Thang
11th June 2005, 12:46 PM
I just checked the Japanese site and on the 17th we get Gamma Pack 3! It has no new ship but has both the Ubermall and Exostra Run tracks along with Qirex and Auricom skins. I'm very hyped about having two new tracks in a weeks time (that's assuming I have figured it out correctly as I can't read japanese).

Hellfire_WZ
11th June 2005, 01:03 PM
Look back about 8-10 posts. :lol:

@ uberweng: Ah, I see what you mean now. Still, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Gamma Pack 2 is due out for the US on the 18th so they're probably planning a near-simultaneous release.

Dogg Thang
11th June 2005, 02:06 PM
Heh, sorry! I missed that :oops:

aesop
12th June 2005, 12:43 PM
Any news on Audio additions? The Music Mixer that I've read so little about. Do we know what it's fully capable of? I mean, mixing tracks doesn't really interest me. But if I could use it to insert the 2097 soundtrack to Pure... INSTANT WIN! =D

sip
13th June 2005, 02:37 PM
Cold Storage mentioned somewhere on his fourm before, that he supplied the guys with all of his old tracks (remastered) for download. It would be totally awsome if they'd release them for use in Wipeout Pure. Unfortunately I doubt it will happen :(

yawnstretch
13th June 2005, 03:03 PM
Ouch - I wonder will they show up on his website?

Id love those!

(and I'd love it even more if we could stick them in the game ourselves too).

Go TIm!!!

Kansas
13th June 2005, 08:22 PM
Gamma Pack 3?

Where is Gamma Pack 2?

Colin Berry
14th June 2005, 03:41 PM
Japan have Gamma 1 and 2 already - 3 is this Friday
America have Gamma 1 so far - Gamma 2 is this Friday (I think !)

The scheduling and content of the packs has been largely upto Japan and America, meaning both Japan and America will end up with the same stuff eventually, but in what order and when. . . ?

Kansas
14th June 2005, 04:14 PM
That makes a whole lot more sense.

I appreciate the explanation and now I will wait like a child pines for Christmas morning... Every second an eternity... between every sunrise and sunset a thousand life ages... At night my mind will only be able to process 15 seconds at a time, so that every 15 seconds it will have felt like I have lived an eternity of darkness...

Mobius
14th June 2005, 04:17 PM
Being the casually optimistic person i am - notice how europe isnt even scheduled :P

Lance
14th June 2005, 09:12 PM
notice how Europe doesn't even have the machine yet. even though the game was created in Europe. or at least close. ;) obviously Europeans don't need to have their first downloadable content for.. oh.. at least another year.....

makes no sense to me. none at all. this is some weirdass marketing.

my sympathies to Fortress Europa. being starved out like they were under siege

Rapier Racer
14th June 2005, 09:31 PM
only 2 and 1/2 months to go

yawnstretch
14th June 2005, 10:15 PM
notice how Europe doesn't even have the machine yet. even though the game was created in Europe. or at least close. ;) obviously Europeans don't need to have their first downloadable content for.. oh.. at least another year.....

I agree completely- the way we're treated is a disgrace.

Axel
14th June 2005, 10:39 PM
I think it would be stupid to release the packs in europe every month cause thats crazy. Every fortnight or something like that is acceptable. i'm still really pissed off with this delay and with the PS3 around the corner, I may have to allow the PSP now and get that with my Rewvolution :D

sip
14th June 2005, 11:29 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows when goteki45 and icaras will be released? or better yet, in what order? I am eagerly awaiting the return of icaras!

phoenixx
15th June 2005, 10:37 AM

Thank you, Lance. I got my machine from Japan, my wo pure from USA and I can't believe the SONY policy.

Waiting for autumn to find contenders. Greetings from a forgotten continent :(

Hellfire_WZ
15th June 2005, 10:59 AM
@ Sip: I'd imagine they'll be released in the two Delta Packs, which should be July and August for the Japanese version. Dunno about order.

sip
15th June 2005, 03:26 PM
ah ok...thanks Hellfire :wink:

I'm not really looking forward to Van Uber since I never really cared much about the team, or even Gamma 3, as there's no ship release. Don't get me wrong, its still awsome (especially the Qirex skin in G3...hehe), but I really want to see Icaras back again. I can't take the suspense any longer! I guess we'll all have to wait slowly and painfully :cry:

eLhabib
15th June 2005, 04:34 PM
well I don't care about getting no new team with Gamma3, WE GET 2 (TWO!!) NEW TRACKS! How cool's that?

uberweng
15th June 2005, 04:49 PM
Only nine hours to go and its new track time. Hopefully my pessimistic translation was unfounded.

Went down to the video store and bought a copy of the japanese version in preperation. Van uber team is really cool. Nice combination of superb handling and quick acceleration. Speed three means it does't feel to "uber" though. The new gamma 2 track is very nice as well. Even after buying two copies and a psp to play this game I still feel like i got my moneys worth.

sip
15th June 2005, 06:00 PM
>eLhabib...hehe I actually totally forgot about 2 tracks....so yay for that!

>uberweng...I bought my PSP for WipEout as well. i'm sure many others here did the same :wink: . The main reason I don't really care about Van Uber is becasue Fusion gave me stomach aches. Icaras has a special place in my heart :)

uberweng
15th June 2005, 06:38 PM
I never played fusion because I had a japanese PS2 and couldnt get it chipped so the van uber and the other fusion teams are new me. I have already gone back to my normal ride but if I have too much trouble with the faster classes I may consider using it as that little extra speed comes in handy...

sip
15th June 2005, 07:09 PM
Ah, thats cool. I'm really glad the guys put in a great effort to make the new Van Uber ship actually look like a WipEout ship this time around (and a nice one at that :) ). Same goes for the Tigron ship...

One question....so is Gamma 2 for North America due for this Friday? or is it Saturday the 18th? I've become a bit confused.

~thanks

Sven
15th June 2005, 09:39 PM

I agree completely- the way we're treated is a disgrace.I'm still waiting for WO3SE :P

Lance
15th June 2005, 09:41 PM
me too

sip
15th June 2005, 10:31 PM
Look who's forgotten now :cry:

uberweng
16th June 2005, 06:17 AM
Only nine hours to go and its new track time. .

I am so stupid. I forgot that the 16th comes between the 15th and the 17th. oh well...24 more hours to go.

Ally Graham
16th June 2005, 07:55 AM
Is that for Japan and USA updates?

lec
16th June 2005, 01:48 PM
stupid question....... can you download the japanese psp content into (and play) in to the amercian version of wipout?

uberweng
16th June 2005, 02:01 PM
No, unfortunately.

edit by Lance: needless quote removed

Hellfire_WZ
17th June 2005, 01:02 PM
Has anyone tried downloading the new Japanese pack yet?

Vortex
17th June 2005, 01:21 PM
I have the new Japanese pack, the new tracks are fantastic, Ubermall is the best looking track in the game by far. I will post more details later when I have more time.

Hellfire_WZ
17th June 2005, 01:23 PM
Ah, so it is available. Just checking since the Japanese site hasn't been updated since.

Edit: Okay, I've got it now. Haven't tried the tracks yet, but a Gamma tournament has been added, and there is also a Descension tournament, which I can only guess is all 12 tracks back to back. 8O

Oh, and the skins.

Auricom
http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/auricomskin.jpg

Qirex (not a good pic, should be more purple)
http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/qirexskin.jpg

Ally Graham
17th June 2005, 03:16 PM
Is the USA pack coming today?

sip
17th June 2005, 03:17 PM
sweet! thanks for posting the pics....I want that Qirex skin now!! Can any of you guys take some shots of the new tracks when you get the time?

Aarrr...I figured a Gamma Tournament would be enabled, but Descension !?! Thats going to be killer to play through :cry:

About the US one, I believe it will be tomorrow.

Ally Graham
17th June 2005, 03:21 PM
Can't access pics, the usage limit has been reached.

uberweng
17th June 2005, 03:23 PM
I have a wireless net set up at home and a japanese copy of pure but I cant download gamma pack 3 from the japanese homepage. Any advice or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

I have the first two gamma packs but i downloaded them from a japanese wipeout fansite.

Mobius
17th June 2005, 04:11 PM
Nice skins, there is something ironically soviet about the auricom skin though :P

Hellfire_WZ
17th June 2005, 04:20 PM
I see what you mean actually. :wink:

Right, I've tried the tracks now. Exostra Run is a really nice track, quite straightforward but with the odd sharp turn for the unwary. Ubermall is a great track, but I can see a lot of people going mental over it in the same way as Citta Nuova. There are a couple of really sharp chicanes that are very difficult to navigate, especially on Phantom, but it's a real fun track nonetheless.

The Descension tourney is indeed all 12 tracks back-to-back, but not in league order. You go through them in order of descending altitude, starting with Sol 2 and going all the way down to Vineta K, hence Descension. Nice touch there!

174 golds now, I'm off again for a few hours. :)

Dogg Thang
17th June 2005, 05:40 PM
Wow, Ubermall is truly beautiful.

Edit: For some reason I don't seem to be able to access the Gamma or Descension tournaments. They are listed in the progress screen but aren't selectable in the menu.

Vortex
17th June 2005, 05:52 PM
Awsome update, this one really opens up the game.

The two new tracks are indeed two of the best looking circuits in Pure, especially Ubermall.

The new tournament as expected is Gamma, and as already mentioned, Decension, which is played in this order:

Sol 2
Sebenco Peak
Sebenco Climb
Citta Nuova
Sinucit
Blue Ridge
Staten Park
Ubermall
Chengou Project
Modesto Heights
Exostra Run
Vineta K

Dogg Thang
17th June 2005, 05:56 PM
Did you have to unlock the Gamma or Descension tournaments? I have 166 medals and they aren't selectable.

Vortex
17th June 2005, 06:02 PM
I got gold on all of the Gamma tracks in single race mode, this opened up the Gamma and Decension tournaments.

Dogg Thang
17th June 2005, 06:05 PM
Cool, thanks!

Edit: By the way, does anyone else's announcer have a problem with 'ubermall'?

Hellfire_WZ
17th June 2005, 07:46 PM
How do you mean? :?

Gold pic for Ubermall Time Trial, Flash. I want that Triakis T-shirt dammit!! [/random outburst]

Dogg Thang
17th June 2005, 07:55 PM
Well, for me it sounds like he just about get's the 'uber' out and then messes up the rest. So it's 'Welcome to Ubermphh'.

Hellfire_WZ
17th June 2005, 08:03 PM
It's there, I don't think the PSP's little speakers do it much justice. :wink:

W3rtz
17th June 2005, 08:07 PM
Hey...n00b to forums but been lurking here for a while.

Question about Gamma Pack 2....where the **** is it?
I've been to the official site 6 times in the last 3 hours and all that's there is Pack 1....am I missing something? PSP is connected and all that. Appreciate any help and hope to contribute a bit to this forum in the future...

Lion
17th June 2005, 08:13 PM
the american version is still (as I type this) not available
we havent even seen any confirmation of a release date (as far as I know), so our saying that it should be out on the 18th is an educated guess.
those that are talking about ubermall etc have the japanese version, they have gamma 1, 2, and 3 already

sip
17th June 2005, 08:15 PM
18th is tomorrow dude...You gotta wait another day I think. Last time I checked it was for the 18th (a day after the Japanaese release)...some people said friday, but its friday the 17th in NA, not 18th.

Edit: Lion! YOu beat me to it :x hehehe

Dogg Thang
17th June 2005, 08:18 PM
By the way, if anyone wants a peek at the two new Gamma 3 tracks, I chucked a few really bad quality photos up here -

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/DoggThang/ER1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/DoggThang/ER2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/DoggThang/UM1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/DoggThang/UM2.jpg

Sorry about the quality. Best I could get! But, hey, maybe you don't want to spoil the surprise anyway.

W3rtz
17th June 2005, 09:32 PM
Ah, the 18th....I was under the impression it was the 17th (today).

Thanks for the replies guys...have to make do with Staten Park for now..

yawnstretch
17th June 2005, 10:03 PM
Hey W3rtz, welcome to the zone (always good to have another Irish pilot on board).

Anyone have any idea what time we might be looking at for the release? I've work tomorrow and Id prefer to have it downloaded before I go - rather than try to download it from a phonebox (the most common type of wifi hotspot in Dublin at the moment).

Great to have something to look forward to! :D

W3rtz
17th June 2005, 10:27 PM
Nice one....boards just couldn't answer this type of question ;)

Sven
18th June 2005, 03:54 AM
OMG, Descension sounds so awesome, I can't wait!

6 more minutes? I can download and play while I watch Juan Pablo on Letterman :D

Ally Graham
18th June 2005, 12:08 PM
Still no sign of the download :(

eLhabib
18th June 2005, 01:30 PM
I'm afraid it's gonna be monday then... don't expect these guys at SCEA to work on saturdays...

sip
18th June 2005, 03:30 PM
I'll just go run into a wall now :x

Heh...I'm here waiting for Icaras. Only a couple more months.

sip
20th June 2005, 01:32 PM
It's Monday, and we've got nothing again. yay! :lol:

lunar
20th June 2005, 01:52 PM
there`s still plenty of time. Americans have hardly been at work long enough to finish munchin` out on their fifth donut of the day yet...... let alone upload a few megabytes of videogame content to a server somewhere. :wink:

I wonder also when we`ll get the music mixer as I`m looking forward to playing with this. If I can make extra-long loops of just some of the elements of some of the tracks, like just bass and drums for a minute or so, I`ll be very happy..... but we`ll see what it allows. On this note, why has it been saying for the last couple of months that the music mixer is "coming soon", when it patently has not been. Loads of websites do this and its kind of annoying. If it said "coming at some indefinite point in the future when we feel like getting round to it, and you, peasant, will just have to wait until we`re good and ready" I`d be more than content as at least things would be out in the open. Of course it could be "coming soon" right now, but the evidence would suggest not.

Sven
20th June 2005, 01:56 PM
I've noticed that many gaming sites put "coming soon" labels on things that never actually make it to daylight...

sip
20th June 2005, 04:07 PM
there`s still plenty of time. Americans have hardly been at work long enough to finish munchin` out on their fifth donut of the day yet...... let alone upload a few megabytes of videogame content to a server somewhere. :wink:

Right on :wink: !

eLhabib
20th June 2005, 05:08 PM
darn! it should be past noon in the U.S. now, and I am aking for some Gamma! :hyper

W3rtz
20th June 2005, 06:17 PM
Ah to hell with this...it's 11am on the west coast and still nothing.
I'm all for making sure this is working before they let it loose, but FFS...

Egg
20th June 2005, 06:55 PM
Patience! Patience!

All will be revealed in good time. :)

Lion
20th June 2005, 07:00 PM
we were never told any date by official channels, the 18th was always a guess (correct me if I'm wrong and link me to the announcement here) but this wait does feel interminably long :\

Dimension
20th June 2005, 07:02 PM
Chill guys, play some Zone mode, kick back and chill, complaining gets you nowhere (especially not zone 67 :P)

Purist
21st June 2005, 07:20 AM
http://psp.ign.com/articles/627/627495p1.html :D and apparantly, it's out tomorrow!

Dogg Thang
21st June 2005, 07:43 AM
Weird - has Gamma 3 replaced Gamma 2 in the US version?

Hellfire_WZ
21st June 2005, 07:46 AM
Certainly looks like it, although why they'd do that I don't know.

Lion
21st June 2005, 07:51 AM
maybe they figured more tracks would be more important to us than more ships?
personally I think that way :P

or maybe they are gonna make it alternate between (ship and track) and (track and track) packages for the US release?

or maybe it's so we get the data closer to the jap release? if that concept is extrapolated then europe/oceania may even get delta before gamma so that the whole world gets it at once.
[/wild speculation]

eLhabib
21st June 2005, 08:41 AM
well, whatever way they choose to do it, there will always be someone angry. this way it will be the vanuber fans.

but heck, check out the new pics at ign, the 2 new tracks look AWESOME! can't wait :hyper

Dogg Thang
21st June 2005, 08:45 AM
Yeah, for me Gamma 3 was much better than Gamma 2. The two tracks are incredible.

Ally Graham
21st June 2005, 08:54 AM
In that atricle, are they saying that you have to re-download gamma 1, or just recommend it?

eLhabib
21st June 2005, 09:15 AM
they strongly recommend it to fix some game freezing issues.

btw, PLEASE, bring on an Assegai skin! PLEEEEEASE!

tapioca
21st June 2005, 12:48 PM
For those who didn't pay attention, there are also new screens from Exostra Run and ÜberMall on the IGN page. The first one has a nice 2097 industrial touch and the other looks even more like the real thing, if compared to WO3's MegaMall.

Edit : the link from previous page… http://psp.ign.com/articles/627/627495p1.html

aesop
21st June 2005, 04:14 PM
****. I wanted Sebenco Peak.

Dogg Thang
21st June 2005, 04:52 PM
Sebenco Peak is good but I prefer both Exostra Run and Ubermall by a considerable margin. They are top tracks. i don't think you'll be disappointed.

Sumimasen
21st June 2005, 05:10 PM
It's all good - assuming that all territories will eventually get all the packs, I'd prefer two tracks over one track and a new team at the moment (esp. if that team is Van Über!)

They'll need to release the other Gamma some time so we can access Gamma Tourney and Descension.

Who knows, maybe they'll release them both together, and IGN just don't know about it... :D

...Doubtful, I know, but we can live in hope!

Sven
21st June 2005, 05:48 PM
they strongly recommend it to fix some game freezing issues.So the re-release pack is patched to fix the freezes, then? I was hoping it would be that.

I was looking forward to Sebenco Peak and VanÜber, but two new tracks is always nice.

aesop
21st June 2005, 06:12 PM
How do Sebenco Climb and Sebenco Peak compare? Sebenco Climb is my favourite track on Pure, hence my disappointment at this delay.

Kansas
21st June 2005, 06:59 PM
so... we have to re-load Gamma Pack 1

Vortex
21st June 2005, 07:33 PM
You will not need to re load Gamma pack 1, but it is recommended that you have Gamma pack 1 already on your PSP before installing Gamma pack 2. (at least this is true for the Japanese version)

Speaking of which, it is odd that the US Gamma pack 2 is the Japanese Gamma pack 3. I am assuming that the July US download will have Sebenco Peak and the Van Uber ship. Not really a problem though, as while I think that the Van Uber ship is very cool, I was left slightly underwhelmed by Sebenco Peak. It is a cool track with a good layout, but I suppose I was expecting something like Silverstream for the overall look, which it most definetly is not.

Sausehuhn
21st June 2005, 07:36 PM
I like the design of the 2 tracks.
>> http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682962/imgs_1.html
___

Yeah, but what's with Van Uber and Sebenco Peak? Will they be available as Gamma Pack 3 for the US version?

Gamma Pack 1 jap = Gamma Pack 1 us
Gamma Pack 2 jap = Gamma Pack 3 us
Gamma Pack 3 jap = Gamma Pack 2 us

That could be right, couln'd it?

Vortex
21st June 2005, 07:52 PM
Can't think that it would be anything different.

Soon my attention will be on the upcoming Delta league, I am looking forward to the return of Goteki 45 and Icaras, also can't wait to see what new racing environments are in store for us.

Lance
21st June 2005, 08:39 PM
VanUbermall looks very cool. love the lighting

Kansas
21st June 2005, 09:04 PM
I don't think my question has been answered. I wanted to download Gamma Pack 2, but when I used my PSP to check for downloads, the only one available was Gamma Pack 1. What have I done wrong? Did I miss something?

Sumimasen
21st June 2005, 09:23 PM
According to the IGN article, US Gamma 2 will be live sometime tomorrow.

Apologies to the moderators for any repetition.

Kansas
21st June 2005, 09:47 PM
Thank you for the answer.

I apologize if I have caused any annoyance.

Dimension
22nd June 2005, 02:15 AM
You think it may be a possibility that IGN might be confused and have forgotten about the pack in the middle, thinking that this next US one will be the same as the last jap one? I may be wrong of course, but it seems a bit weird for this to happen, what's up with the jap strategy for it that they need to change? :?

Sumimasen
22nd June 2005, 05:22 AM
Sorry for going off topic, but can I just say that I cannot believe that the harmless joke at the end of my last post was moderated!

I'm sure that this entire post will be deleted for bringing this up, and my account will possibly be suspended, but where in the guidelines does it state that joking is not allowed?

Swearing seems perfectly acceptable, just so long as it's not aimed at anyone, and while I don't care either way about this, some may well find it offensive. But obviously telling a small joke is deemed too much, if the moderator doesn't find it funny...

I know it won't bother anyone either way if I left the forum, but to be honest, if this kind of over-moderation is commonplace (and judging by the amount of edits I've seen, it is), then I really can't be bothered - I have enough petty rules and regulations at work, without this.

Sad thing is that I feel really pleased to have found this forum, and somewhere to discuss Wipeout, of which I've been a fan since the original launched on PS1, and feel that I have a lot to share with the community - not only with my knowledge and experiences, but also my artwork, which seems to have taken a WO bias of late.

If this is to be my final post, then please, moderators, have the decency to leave it unmolested as I feel this does raise a valid point.

yawnstretch
22nd June 2005, 07:08 AM
+1

Ally Graham
22nd June 2005, 08:11 AM
What time can we speculate for the release? I'm in the UK.

Sumimasen
22nd June 2005, 08:28 AM
Possibly any time after 2-3pm, I would imagine. Depends what part of the States their office is in. I wouldn't give up hope any time before midnight, UK time.

Purist
22nd June 2005, 09:36 AM
Am I the only one whom thinks it's kinda cool that they've mixed up the release schedule, it not only makes it exciting for owners of both the U.S. and JAP versions but isn't the potential for future exclusives/early releases now there? e.g. the yanks could get new tracks, ships, skins before their JAP conterparts and vice versa<-(which has the standard so far)

Have I expained that REALLY badly or does that make sense? :roll:

wirehang
22nd June 2005, 11:43 AM
Makes sense to me. I'm off out to lunch and scouting for a wireless network I can use later today!

matt

Sven
22nd June 2005, 12:58 PM
argh! Where is it!?

phoenixx
22nd June 2005, 01:05 PM
june 22nd. no gamma pack. :( nailbiting...

infoxicated
22nd June 2005, 04:13 PM
Sorry for going off topic, but can I just say that I cannot believe that the harmless joke at the end of my last post was moderated!

I'm sure that this entire post will be deleted for bringing this up, and my account will possibly be suspended, but where in the guidelines does it state that joking is not allowed?

Swearing seems perfectly acceptable, just so long as it's not aimed at anyone, and while I don't care either way about this, some may well find it offensive. But obviously telling a small joke is deemed too much, if the moderator doesn't find it funny...

I know it won't bother anyone either way if I left the forum, but to be honest, if this kind of over-moderation is commonplace (and judging by the amount of edits I've seen, it is), then I really can't be bothered - I have enough petty rules and regulations at work, without this.

Sad thing is that I feel really pleased to have found this forum, and somewhere to discuss Wipeout, of which I've been a fan since the original launched on PS1, and feel that I have a lot to share with the community - not only with my knowledge and experiences, but also my artwork, which seems to have taken a WO bias of late.

If this is to be my final post, then please, moderators, have the decency to leave it unmolested as I feel this does raise a valid point.
+5

Lance, I've had a number of mails on the issue - one from a long standing member who has stayed away from the site recently due to over-moderation. The rules are that if a post is deemed to be in breach of the forum guidelines, it is moved to the Pit Lane forum where it can be evaluated by the mods as a collective. If you feel you don't have the time to do this, leave the post intact, PM me, and I'll deal with it. No moderator has free reign to edit the content of another users' post unless it breaks the rules - not even me.

This is a public forum, not a fascistic correctional school for Wipeout fans. :|

Animagic
22nd June 2005, 07:11 PM
the overmoderation is exactly the reason I am turned off from being a more active part of the community here. I'm glad that these concerns are being addressed.

---man they should wait to announce the gammapack2 until it's ready this waiting is killing me---

Lion
22nd June 2005, 07:18 PM
waiting to announce the gamma2 release wouldn't help... these forums were laden with speculation on the release date well before there was any kind of announcement

Kansas
22nd June 2005, 08:03 PM
the overmoderation is exactly the reason I am turned off from being a more active part of the community here. I'm glad that these concerns are being addressed.

---man they should wait to announce the gammapack2 until it's ready this waiting is killing me---

I have learned to be trite with what I post or contribute on this forum due to the tight modding. I understand that it is for the greater good of the forum, but I can't help shake the feeling that I'm being hunted by a buzzard just waiting to pounce on my mistakes.

That said, I have nothing but admiration for the great forum that, as others have stated, allows us to speak earnestly of our love and passion for the WipeOut series.

If what I said merits a suspension, so be it.

--by the way, I feel the same way about Gamma Pack 2. It's like Christmas in June!--

Badboyfg
22nd June 2005, 08:44 PM
They better release it soon , have to go to bed soon ( its almost 11 pm here and I have to get up at 7.15 )

Mobius
22nd June 2005, 08:54 PM
Good old sony, doing what they do best - being late :P

Badboyfg
22nd June 2005, 09:19 PM
Meh I give up

Good night people

Kansas
22nd June 2005, 09:40 PM
8O

I can't wait!

Sumimasen
22nd June 2005, 09:52 PM
Well I for one am not going to sleep until they release this bloody p...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

CaseyZX
22nd June 2005, 10:20 PM
well, i reckon it just ain't gonna be appearing today.

curse you, sony!!

can any american fans let us know what time it is in their part of the country?

Kansas
22nd June 2005, 10:48 PM
At this time it is 3:48 p.m. in Los Angeles

zargz
22nd June 2005, 11:01 PM
Go to sleep your Freaks! It'll be there damorra! No one will steal it! http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif

yawnstretch
22nd June 2005, 11:28 PM
Must. Stay. Awake.

Work. In 6.5 Hours.

Neeeed.

Wipeout.

wirehang
22nd June 2005, 11:31 PM
I'm off to bed.

i redownloaded gamma #1 just now just to get my fix - I know it's probably the same until they bring out #1 & #2.

Sven
23rd June 2005, 01:30 AM
All right what's going on? I'm pretty sure they said it'd be out today, and it's now 9:30 PM EDT. Is it really that hard to upload a couple files and put up a link!?

eLhabib
23rd June 2005, 01:49 AM
I have to say, I am really fed up with SCEA. How stupid can you be to announce a date TWO DAYS up front, and then NOT meet it?! If they had announced the date like 2 MONTHS ago and then missed it by a day, it would still cause some people to be mad, but it would be moderate. But HEY, SCEA, DON'T tell me you ran into some 'unexpected interferences' with your time planning in the last 48 hours. YEAH RIGHT! Freakin' Sony really messed up with the whole PSP story. Just imagine how many units they would have sold in Euroland had the PSP come out in march. Now they're not even gonna sell half as much I bet. Means software from european developers will be on the short end, too. Thanks, Sony. :clap F*kers :guns

Sven
23rd June 2005, 02:09 AM
Oh, don't even get me started on SCEA's incompetancies, I'm just waiting for this silly download pack.

I'm sure if the devs were in change of this we would have had it a couple weeks ago....

Dimension
23rd June 2005, 02:22 AM
yeah, this is kinda annoying to wake up from my rather nice afternoon-evening-night slumber and it still not be about, guess it'll not be until tomorrow during the working day :cry:

Badboyfg
23rd June 2005, 06:00 AM
I got up and got ready to play the two new packs , but noooo , not out yet :(

yawnstretch
23rd June 2005, 06:33 AM
Damnit

phoenixx
23rd June 2005, 06:48 AM
How stupid can you be to announce a date TWO DAYS up front, and then NOT meet it?!

That's a true masterpiece. Can't believe it.

infoxicated
23rd June 2005, 09:00 AM
Chillax, guys - it's on the way - a couple of days here and there aint' going to kill you. :)

Purist
23rd June 2005, 09:36 AM
:cry:

http://psp.ign.com/articles/627/627495p1.html (at the foot of the article)

NOTE - June 22, 2005 - As many of you have noticed, the Gamma Pack 2 has not been made available yet (that is, as of this writing, at 7PM PST). We have heard no official word from Sony as to any changes or delays in the planned release date for Gamma Pack 2. We will keep you posted as the things develop.

Tired of waiting? add the Japanese version to your collection... we have THREE gamma packs now!

Hellfire_WZ
23rd June 2005, 09:36 AM
Chillax, guys - it's on the way - a couple of days here and there aint' going to kill you. :)

Perhaps not, but it may lead to the maiming of other living organisms by their hands. :wink:

wirehang
23rd June 2005, 09:41 AM
All good things, eh?

I'm off on holiday and can't take my PSP so the delay is one too long for me. :(

matt

Sumimasen
23rd June 2005, 10:01 AM
Delays do seem to be Sony's forte, don't they?

This is the reason that I always preferred my Saturn to my PS1, and my Dreamcast and XBOX to my PS2. Still own the whole lot though, and wouldn't have it any other way (video game nut in the area!).

I find the delays mildly annoying, but at the end of the day, all WOP bonus content is free, so getting it as and when they choose to launch it is fine with me.

JUST SO LONG AS IT'S SOMETIME IN THE NEXT 12 HOURS, DAMMIT!!! :wink:

As the man says, chill - all good things and all that!

Sven
23rd June 2005, 02:53 PM
Nope, no new Gamma Pack yet...Sony officially lied....AGAIN!

infoxicated
23rd June 2005, 03:29 PM
Gamma Pack 2 should be live now. :idea:

Ally Graham
23rd June 2005, 03:32 PM
no sign of it though

wirehang
23rd June 2005, 03:33 PM
in game or at the .com?

infoxicated
23rd June 2005, 03:37 PM
In game.

Ally Graham
23rd June 2005, 03:41 PM
Yep, it is there now!

TMoney
23rd June 2005, 04:23 PM
Ubermall is GORGEOUS. Nice work team!

phoenixx
23rd June 2005, 04:28 PM
....?

Dimension
23rd June 2005, 04:29 PM
Any idea when it'll get on the site for those of us without access to a wireless blah, foxy? :(

Sausehuhn
23rd June 2005, 05:19 PM
Make some pics, make some pics!! And videos!! (but please without the team selection and the loading screen, this just makes more MB)
Pleeeaaase :D

Sumimasen
23rd June 2005, 05:44 PM
Both the new tracks are great! Only problem is that I re-downloaded Gamma 1 as advised, and now Staten park won't load! The track image doesn't even appear when going through the track selection...

I got stuck with the loading screen for about 2 minutes, and then tried to restart the PSP. I've been looking at the 'Please Wait...' screen for about 10 minutes now...

Bit gutted, as I never had any issues with Gamma 1 until now... :cry:

EDIT: It's ok now - had to force restart the PSP (by removing the battery!) and it's all working now. Panic over!

W3rtz
23rd June 2005, 05:59 PM
Ah, I knew my wireless router would come in useful for something other than the laptop :D

[edit] SNIP!

Advice duly noted....but SCEA need to get their 4$$ in gear and get this up for those left behind without a WIFI...

Egg
23rd June 2005, 06:38 PM
Let you off that one ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zargz
23rd June 2005, 06:48 PM
lookie here - http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2231

Boxman
23rd June 2005, 07:32 PM
wow it is really nice to be able to race on some different tracks espcially such long ones. Only problem is that at UberMall the "welcome to ubermall" voice sounds like mumbles maby the data got corrupted.

W3rtz
23rd June 2005, 07:34 PM
OK just needed to know. Original post edited;
Egg appreciate if you edit out my quote, thx...

Sausehuhn
23rd June 2005, 07:41 PM
Ou you cannot believe how you feel like when you hear all this stuff about DC and how wonderful these tracks are when you don't have a PSP and Pure. I need WipEout; it's like a drug!!
So please, post some movies!

aesop
23rd June 2005, 08:58 PM
The new tracks are nice, Ubermall is pretty insane.

Shopper: "Sup. Can I get a Pretzel, a Pepsi, and a copy of Playboy please. Thanks."
::QUAKE::
Shopper: "OMG OMG OMG"

I managed to download Gamma 2 easily enough. Can't find the new Gamma 1 though. So update the official site yo.

yawnstretch
23rd June 2005, 09:39 PM
The new tracks are nice, Ubermall is pretty insane.

Shopper: "Sup. Can I get a Pretzel, a Pepsi, and a copy of Playboy please. Thanks."
::QUAKE::
Shopper: "OMG OMG OMG"

I managed to download Gamma 2 easily enough. Can't find the new Gamma 1 though. So update the official site yo.

BRILLIANT!! XD

Badboyfg
23rd June 2005, 09:40 PM
Ubermall gets insane on phantom ^_^

Boxman
23rd June 2005, 11:18 PM
I've been finding that some of the time trial times to get gold medals require you to get almost ever boost and perfects laps in the zone ship to get them. If they were just one second slower it would be perfect.

Badboyfg
23rd June 2005, 11:24 PM
Yea , time trials are really hard , but I like that 8)

Warhawk
24th June 2005, 02:13 AM
All hail Studio Liverpool! 8)

Join me on XLink (www.teamxlink.co.uk) so we can race on these bad boys.

Sven
24th June 2005, 02:23 AM
I really like how psphacker had the files up before the official site...(not the new Gamma 1 though, but do I really need it that bad?)

Anyway, Ubermall is without a doubt, by far, the best looking track in Pure now. Sol 2 is pretty nice, but Ubermall just has so much background detail, and sweeping parts of the track show it off just beautifully...brilliant track, aesthetically (and the cat is back!). I had to take a cruise around it in free-play to take it in. It's not bad as a race track either, though I've only gone up to Flash on it so far. Extosa Run isn't a bad track either, but just can't compare to Ubermall in the looks department.

The Auricom skin is very nice as well. Doesn't clash with the red class/tournament sidebars like the Piranha skin did.

BTW, are those t-shirts in the artwork going to see production!? :D

Dogg Thang
24th June 2005, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I wish the time trials on the main tracks had been as challenging - I love the times on the new tracks.

I think Exostra Run might grow on a few people. The layout makes it a really enjoyable race in Phantom and, if you go around it in Free Play, it really is a pretty course.

aesop
24th June 2005, 07:57 AM
Exostra Run reeks of 2097. Which i like.

Dimension
24th June 2005, 08:23 AM
Why's that, because it's dark and you can't see where you're going? :banzai

tapioca
24th June 2005, 10:06 AM
New videos of Gamma Pack 2 at IGN:
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682962/vids_1.html

Sausehuhn, it's for you…

Lion
24th June 2005, 10:51 AM
Exostra Run reeks of 2097. Which i like.maybe that's why I can get golds first try in this, but keep going down the wrong way in ubermall where the paths meet back up :P
I'm another 2097 nutter

eLhabib
24th June 2005, 11:26 AM
actually, I think exostra is just a bit harder than ubermall. both the tracks are really tight and twisty, I like that. On exostra it even took me a second try in phantom to get gold in SR! 8O nice competition!

lec
24th June 2005, 02:35 PM
So here I am just like the rest of you guys clicking on the website every so often for the last week or so waiting (more like pulling my hair out!!) for gamma pack 2. I read somewhere that you can downloaded if you can if you get to a "hotspot" with your PSP. So of course I get REAL happy, exspecialy since you can't get the Gamma Pack 2 on the wipeoutpure web site. So there I am for over an hour walking up and down the street looking for a "hotspot" around my job at 4 in the morning. Thank the wipeout gods no cops came by. I would hate to explain to them that i'm not a crack head running up and down the block looking for a hit, but just a wipeout "crack head" looking for a hot spot. after that wasted hour I went back to work disapointed (cursing everyone at sony out!!) needless to say I would try again another 4 hours later. low-and-behole I finially find one. instend of cops, I now have coworkers looking at me. (so now i'll never hear the end of it!!) but not to be out done, in the mist of a crack head finially getting a hit i almost get my father-in-law in trouble with the law. Got the "hit" and no tickets, happy like a pig in sh*t, playing the tracks all the way home.....great stuff, ubermail is awwww-some!!......so here I at home ready to talk about the tracks to those that don't have it....and what do I see at the web site!!!!!...........gamma pack 2........damn i now know what a crack head feels like!!!.....by the way does anyone know when the next "hit" is suppose to come out?

Sven
24th June 2005, 03:54 PM
Ok, so they have it on the official site now....and the download script is still busted, just like for the first one.

I'm not even going to say what I think. At least I can depend on psphacker.

So, uhhh, does anyone know where I can get the updated Gamma Pack 1? The official site doesn't work, psphacker doesn't have it, and I don't have any usable hotspots around.

G-Hob
24th June 2005, 04:21 PM
I also would like to know where I can get the updated Gamma Pack 1. I had to reformat my memory stick this week, and I have been unable to sucessfully put Gamma Pack 1 back on it. [ I have a lot of trouble putting any file over 1 MB in size on my memory stick and no one can tell me what the problem is. :( I have never gotten a whole mp3 on my PSP - part of the song is always missing.]

I'm going to try downloading the new Gamma Pack 1 and Gamma Pack 2 on a relative's computer that is better than mine and has DSL not crappy dial-up.

I hope the official site starts working properly soon. I never would have got Gamma pack 1 at all if someone on this forum hadn't helped me in a way which is not now allowed.

Kansas
24th June 2005, 04:36 PM
okay... so:

1. Re-download Gamma Pack 1

2. Download Gamma Pack 2

is re-downloading GP1 necessary?

phoenixx
24th June 2005, 04:59 PM
it's not available anymore on wipeoutpure.com!
But I never had problems with GP1.

infoxicated
24th June 2005, 05:21 PM
is re-downloading GP1 necessary?Yes.

Well, that depends on how much you've been affected by freezing/crashing. The new version loads the menu images in a different way, which goes some way to stopping the game from locking up.

Kansas
24th June 2005, 05:39 PM
I never had any problem with freezing or shutting down... So... should I still re-download Gamma Pack 1?

Sausehuhn
24th June 2005, 05:54 PM
New videos of Gamma Pack 2 at IGN:
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682962/vids_1.html

Sausehuhn, it's for you…
*downloading*

edit:
watched the movies now and ... wow!!
Exostra Run looks good...but Ubermall is incredible! Awesome! These lights. And the buildings outside the mall. And these details! It must be a track that is interesting to look at in free play. And it really is as bright, modern and clean as Megamall was in Wip3out. Great work Liverpool!!
And: Phantom is faaast.

Sausehuhn
24th June 2005, 07:49 PM
Gamma Pack 2 is available at www.wipeoutpure.com now. And it shows the Feisar Skin :dizzy

Sumimasen
24th June 2005, 07:56 PM
Good spot! 8)

How bizarre!!! 8O

Kansas
24th June 2005, 08:40 PM
I did as was told... re-DL'd Gamma Pack 1... then, loaded Gamma Pack 2.

Then, I noticed two things... 1) I couldn't see the first Gamma Race track in the setup screen, and 2) when I tried to load one of the races, my PSP was stuck in the loading screen and I had to pull out the battery because it wouldn't shut down when I tried to turn it off...

:x

What gives?

Sven
24th June 2005, 08:54 PM
I'd love to help you all out, but I'm not supposed to share the files...

Kansas
24th June 2005, 09:06 PM
^^^ ???

Vortex
24th June 2005, 11:42 PM
I really don't understand all of this reloading Gamma Pack 1 stuff. The Japanese versions of the downloads have worked fine without reloading the previous updates.

On the up side, at least you all have Ubermall, probably the best looking track in the game, just Sebenco Peak needed and the Gamma league is yours :D

Dogg Thang
25th June 2005, 09:24 AM
Well Vortex, I have the three JP Gamma packs and I get crashes-a-plenty. As Foxy said, much of this is down to the pictures on the select screen - going through these too fast can cause a crash. So I'd say, even if a problem isn't apparent, it's probably a good idea to follow the advice and redownload Gamma 1.

Hellfire_WZ
25th June 2005, 09:51 AM
It'd be nice to hear a similar thing is being done for the Japanese packs.

infoxicated
25th June 2005, 10:22 AM
IWhat gives?
You have to restart your console after downloading the packs - it should really say that in the text, so I'll as for that to be changed on Monday.

phoenixx
25th June 2005, 10:30 AM
Strange: I never had a problem with my psp. GP 1 worked perfectly. GP 2 too, but:
I don't have a new team! Van Uber should be the new one, right?
Anybody else with this problem?

Dogg Thang
25th June 2005, 10:41 AM
Not with the US packs. There seems to be a little shuffling of the order. JP Gamma 2 contained Van-Uber and the Sebenco Peak track, along with a Feisar skin. The US Gamma 2 is the same as what was released as Gamma 3 in Japan and conatins Exostra Run, Ubermall and two skins. I'm guessing that Van-Uber will be released as Gamma 3 in the US in about a month.

phoenixx
25th June 2005, 10:47 AM
Thank you Dogg. Seems I'm too greedy.
Nevertheless I'm totally happy with the new tracks - they're awesome.

BTW I appreciate so much that there's this forum where I find answers to my AG questions and a lot of inpiration.

aesop
25th June 2005, 10:34 PM
What's up with the Gamma tracklisting. When selecting the league, it lists them...

-Exostra Run
-UberMall
-Staten Park
-Sebenco Peak

But when selecting a track, i get...

-Staten Park
-Exostra Run
-UberMall

Shouldn't these be more in order?

Purist
26th June 2005, 12:01 AM
Using your pc take them off your card and then reinsert em' in the order you want them to show up - worked for me on the first two JAP packs :D

aesop
26th June 2005, 12:26 AM
Worked nicely. Thanks.

Sven
26th June 2005, 03:14 AM
I get them Exostra, Ubermall, Staten, and it was that way before I reinstalled Gamma 1, too. Whatever.

eLhabib
26th June 2005, 10:14 AM
to those who have a jap copy of purE, and therefore gamma league: if you change the order of the tracks with abovesaid method, does that change the order they will appear in gamma tournament, too?

Dogg Thang
26th June 2005, 10:17 AM
These fixed Gamma packs are great. You can see the difference just scrolling through the menus. Has there been any word on whether there will be updated JP Gamma packs available with this fix too?

Purist
26th June 2005, 11:39 AM
:( alas no, I tried it with the JAP gammas and no joy :(

me too would like an update, personnaly I've NEVER had an issue with the U.S. packs but the JAP can stick when scrolling through tracks and crash, how bout a USB transfer too? sick of waiting outside the library to gain a hot-spot! :cry:

G-Hob
2nd July 2005, 06:52 PM
Why is Gamma Pack 1 not available from www.wipeoutpure.com ??

Never mind, I found it, hehe.

Drakkenmensch
2nd July 2005, 07:15 PM
Purist: I've downloaded both gamma packs through a usb connection through the wipeoutpure.com download section, never had any issue with it. Just make sure you go to your PSP's USB mode and the download applet will detect it without a hitch.

Dogg Thang
2nd July 2005, 09:11 PM
Purist is talking about the JP downloads, which are not currently available on usb transfer.