PDA

View Full Version : So, what other teams will be added to W:P?

Kansas
1st June 2005, 07:58 AM
I am curious! :)

Manic
1st June 2005, 08:28 AM
Well, first I hope that the Tigron team will make a full-scale comeback. I would also like to see the Xios and Eg-R teams back on track, though if I had to choose I'd go with Tigron anyday. China is a growing economy though, and massive in its own right. I think they need a representative team. Eg-R were actually fit for the task...

I would also like for my fan fics to become real and the PraeTech Designs team to be added to the game. While they are Europeans like many other teams, they take a completely different approach to things which I would like to see. Still, for such a thing to happen... it's highly unlikely, but I'm hoping some developer will drop in and perhaps I'll catch his or her attention.

Yeah... like that's gonna happen. :lol:

eLhabib
1st June 2005, 10:13 AM
uhm, in case you didn't know, the first DL is already out, and it has added Tigron to the team roster of purE. The second DL will give us VanÜber. Icaras and Goteki are confirmed for later DLs.

Manic
1st June 2005, 10:30 AM
Yaaay! Fun! Hopefully they'll introduce some new teams we haven't seen as well.

fusionfrenzy
1st June 2005, 02:21 PM
Should be interesting to see a new Van-Uber 8O . I'd love to see a new Eg-r or Xios too, they were decent new teams.

Too bad theres no news on a new G-tech, eh? :roll:

Rapier Racer
1st June 2005, 02:49 PM
There are pictures of the Tigron and Van-Uber, I think they are in the downloadable content thread, so happy hunting

Sausehuhn
1st June 2005, 06:23 PM
I hope they will make DL after the confirmed time as well.
I would like to see that, even if it wouldn't be for free.
I would love to see new tracks, some patches/additions (like custom leagues, more opponents, better multiplayer) a new team, Xios, maybe G-Tech (even when I'm not really a fan of this team) and EG.r

Let's hope they will do so :)

Kansas
1st June 2005, 06:34 PM
not free? shhhhh... don't give them ideas like that. 8O

Mobius
1st June 2005, 06:50 PM
I thought it was confiremd that Goteki 45 and Icarus were confimed as the other two.

Hence the avatars below

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/wipeout_pure/tigron.png
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/wipeout_pure/van_uber.png
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/wipeout_pure/icaras.png
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/images/avatars/gallery/wipeout_pure/goteki_45.png

:)

Sausehuhn
1st June 2005, 06:59 PM
@ Kansas

ok, ok, I edited.
...You need very good eyes :lol:

;)

yawnstretch
1st June 2005, 07:22 PM
Can someone post the link to the van uber ship pics? I cant find them :(

Yes Im lazy too.

I demand that the links be pmd to me and emailed too. :!:
Now...what else can His Laziness The Slob request/demand...

Yes - I demand more downloads for wipeout!

Ok joking over - Im rather curious about the music mixer thing...

Kansas
1st June 2005, 07:23 PM
I'd also like to see these pics posted, please.

Mobius
1st June 2005, 07:30 PM
=Clicky= (http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/J-RRsT/2005-05-13)

I know it is in japenses but scroll down to the images.

Cool isnt it?

yawnstretch
1st June 2005, 07:33 PM
Do you know Im actually so stupid I forgot I've already seen that page :S

my brain is dissolving :(

Captain Q
2nd June 2005, 09:01 AM
I would have liked Xios and EGr more than Tigron or Van-Über (with that weird Dutch/German name going on) coming back... but that's just me.

Q

Manic
2nd June 2005, 11:07 AM
If I can't have my PraeTech craft then I really hope that Xios go into that "over-motorized-twin-engine-craft-with-too-much-weapons-and-acceleration-and-low-shield" departement instead. I want something which looks like a shrunk-up Thrust SSC with edgier shapes, canardes at the air intakes and a loud f***ing roar when you push up the throttle.

Captain Q
2nd June 2005, 02:29 PM
I'd still like to see my Omn¡tek craft (from Antarctica!) make it into wipEout too. I'd donate a kidney for that, lol.

Q

Scaraba
3rd June 2005, 10:43 PM
what about triakis *spoiler* i saw it in the concept art >_>

eLhabib
3rd June 2005, 11:12 PM
uhm, they're there from the start...? :?

Zero [RG] [HG]
4th June 2005, 04:40 AM
Q give us a little bit about your craft. History, start date, statistics, all that jazz.

Captain Q
5th June 2005, 10:14 AM
Coming right up later on the day.

username
21st June 2005, 10:19 AM
i hope that you can get different versions of the craft for eg: wip3out version of auricom and fusions feisar 8) i think that would be really good

Captain Q
22nd June 2005, 01:47 PM
I just now saw that I still owe you a reply Zero.

Well, the Omn!tek (can't turn the exclamation mark upside down now, I'm too lazy to be bothered to do it) craft was supposed to originate from new colonies from Antarctica. I've always been fascinated by humans living on essentially alien terrain, and Antarctica is as alien as it gets within the confines of Earth. Anyhow, the ship's stats would be that it's fast and powerfully shielded, but weak in acceleration and not as aerodynamic as other craft. I should add perhaps that in my fictional wipEout, every ship has another set of weapons.

Rapier Racer
22nd June 2005, 03:04 PM
You mean team specific weapons?

Captain Q
23rd June 2005, 09:43 AM
Yes, but with a considerable overlap, i.e. there were about six teams with the quake, four with a plasma bolt, etc. That way some ships only had defensive weapons (such as the fictional successor to the Van-Über craft, with shields, absorbers, force walls, reflectors), and others were purely offensive (like Tigron, with rockets, missiles, shockwaves, quakes, machine guns...).

Anyway, I think the topic I somewhere buried in these forums. It was pretty megalomanic.

Cheers,
Q

Rouni Kenshin#1
4th July 2005, 09:13 PM
thought it was confiremd that Goteki 45 and Icarus were confimed as the other two

i just got in with pure so please post some pics of these cars

please

Rapier Racer
4th July 2005, 09:18 PM
Those teams aren't available yet and theirs only oneishy pic that I can remember seeing and thats the one with the chap sitting at his drawing screen thing with the 4 craft in the background, no idea what thread its on though and just one small thing, please don't call them cars :evil:

eLhabib
4th July 2005, 09:40 PM
and just one small thing, please don't call them cars :evil:

hehe, I just told him the same thing in another thread :D

Lance
4th July 2005, 10:30 PM
''oneishy''?
:)
:rock_on

Rapier Racer
4th July 2005, 10:57 PM
lol yes oneishy, as the pic is their but one of the craft is slightly cut off therefore I don't consider it to be whole, that’s my random stupid word for the month :)

and yes just a small correction about the car thing, it's just not right!

Cammodude
10th July 2005, 12:53 AM
What I'd like to know is whether these new downloadable teams will make their way into the "teams" section of the official website. I notice that it does have four blank spots, so I'm assuming they'll put them up on the site at some point.

The thing with me is that I'm not fortunate enough to have money to burn on a PSP, but I'd still like to get my hands on some decent reference pics of the craft in case I go through another crazed bout of LEGO modeling. :D

Sausehuhn
24th September 2005, 01:42 PM
Question to Egg, Colin and all the others from Studio Liverpool:

why we don't get EG.r and Xios?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who want them back! Why teams like Tigron when EG.r and Xios were the most requested?

:|

Lance
24th September 2005, 02:26 PM
is it possible that they're the most requested because they're the only ones not yet known to be returning? ;)

Jittery-Joe
24th September 2005, 02:30 PM
I personally would have rather had EGr return than Tigron, as i got hooked on them on fusion. Still like Van Uber though...

LoneWolf
24th September 2005, 04:25 PM
I really want to see the new icaras desing, somebody have a pic or something?
Goteki 45 looks really cool in pure,
i'd like to see Piranha, icaras and Ag SIS desings from wip3out in wipeout Pure, i know that is imposible but anyways....

Vortex
24th September 2005, 04:43 PM
I have been looking for pictures of the Icaras, but no luck yet.

Gamespy were the first with pictures of the Goteki (I think), so keep a lookout this week as the classic 2 league final download can't be far away.

Sausehuhn
24th September 2005, 05:39 PM
a Time Trial Rapier gold medal has a Icaras if I'm right...

randomperson1
24th September 2005, 07:06 PM
Yeah, that's true.
Colin Berry mentioned a couple of days ago that Xios and EG-r were unlikely to appear but is was possible if the d/l figure were good and there was a high demand for them.
I tell you what, someone could take a pic of the Icaras ship in "progress" and show it to us.
I would do it but I deleted my US version save files.

edit by Lance: quotation eliminated. read the guidelines, please.

Vortex
24th September 2005, 10:38 PM
The Altima VII TT on Rapier has the Icaras graphic, I don't know if this is the actual skin used though, as there is also a Tigron that has a different livery to the one used in the game in one of the other classes.

randomperson1
25th September 2005, 09:14 AM
Yeah, that's true, but it's still the ship nonetheless. Plus: Why couldn't they use the Tigron Livery; it looks really nice.

Jittery-Joe
26th September 2005, 07:31 PM
i'd like to see Piranha, icaras and Ag SIS desings from wip3out in wipeout Pure, i know that is imposible but anyways....

That'd be great! All three looke imense on 3, when compared to Pure's version 'cept Icaras, haven't seen them yet.
On that not, has anyone got any pics of Pure's Icaras?

Seek100
26th September 2005, 07:49 PM
Time Trial -> Rapier -> Sagarmatha picture is concept art of the new Icaras.

Obviously it's only concept art but the Van-Über concept art looks so simiar to the finished version it's reasonably reliable that the Icaras art will look somewhat similar to the final ship we'll get.

Drakkenmensch
27th September 2005, 02:57 AM
On one hand, you have the Flash Vineta K TT art where you see the concept art for the Goteki 45 ship which is pretty much as is for what the final model looks like in game.

On the other hand, you have the Rapier Blue Ridge TT art that shows an early concept of the Triakis... that couldn't possibly look any LESS like it eventually did in the game ;)

So to answer the question, I don't know :)

Hyper Shadow
27th September 2005, 11:29 AM
If you want to see the Pure Goteki45, check out the back of the PAL maunal....

Jambo
27th September 2005, 07:23 PM
Good point well made I suppose lol