PDA

View Full Version : RE: Assegai design in W:P

Kansas
1st June 2005, 07:58 AM
I miss the old design from Wip3out where the cabin was on the side. It's the first thing that attracted me to Assegai, since it was different than anything else.

zargz
1st June 2005, 09:15 AM
it reminded me of the millennium falcon 8)

eLhabib
1st June 2005, 10:17 AM
heh, true that!

I like both designs, the old design was sleeker, fitting to the fast, agile, but weak-shielded Assegai. The new Assegai team is more balanced, though, and also the purE design is more logical. At speeds of over 500 kph, a cockpit fitted onto one side would definitely cause lots of distortion.

And I absolutely ADORE the new livery paintjob of purE's Assegai!

Space Cowboy
1st June 2005, 12:20 PM
Appropriate that they made the Assegai craft look like a real Assegai :)

For those of you that dont know: An Assegai is a spear used by African tribes men. :D

Rapier Racer
1st June 2005, 12:31 PM
lol when I first played WO 3 and glanced at the Assegai I though that cockpit was actually a gun, soon saw otherwise :oops:

eLhabib
1st June 2005, 03:17 PM
Appropriate that they made the Assegai craft look like a real Assegai :)

For those of you that dont know: An Assegai is a spear used by African tribes men. :D

so, you know how to use google, huh? :wink:

zargz
1st June 2005, 03:42 PM
lol when I first played WO 3 and glanced at the Assegai I though that cockpit was actually a gun, soon saw otherwise :oops: :D heh! same here - I thought the rockets and missiles were stored and shot from there!

eLhabib
1st June 2005, 04:17 PM
anyone know the anime series 'Saber Rider'? The bad guys in this series where called the 'outriders' and they had little pod bikes which looked just like the w3o assegai. they even had the same color scheme!

Kansas
1st June 2005, 04:56 PM
maybe that's where they got the idea.

Sven
2nd June 2005, 02:16 AM
The new Assegai team is more balanced, though, and also the purE design is more logical. At speeds of over 500 kph, a cockpit fitted onto one side would definitely cause lots of distortion.Yes, such an obtrusive cockpit would make for some rather adverse aerodynamics methinks...

zargz
2nd June 2005, 10:52 AM
BUT would've made for a cool cockpit view where you view point is on the right of the 'center' if you know what i mean :)
would've made for some awkward racing (from inside)! or an excuse for the slow speed.
Too bad it wasn't there in wo3/se :(
Although if the cockpit is made aerodynamic enough it wouldn't have been a problem.
and since it's sci-fi it'd be okay anyway >> just look at the racers in starWars how aerdynamic are they? 8)

Lion
2nd June 2005, 11:39 AM
BUT would've made for a cool cockpit view where you view point is on the right of the 'center' if you know what i mean :)
would've made for some awkward racing (from inside)! or an excuse for the slow speed.but in a real car your view is off to one side. to the right for most of the world. I can however understand why this would be tricky in game at wipEout speeds :)

Manic
2nd June 2005, 11:49 AM
Arrrh! Ai usually says "go wit' whatevurr's most efficient", an' a cockpit on tha' side isn't the way tew go then! Yarr!

zargz
2nd June 2005, 01:20 PM
F1, IRL, GT(not sure) sit in the middle
Stock cars like NASCAR, WTCC etc - either left or right.

Kansas
2nd June 2005, 04:25 PM
Manic, you sound like a pirate there, matey... yarrrr..

Sven
2nd June 2005, 08:54 PM
F1, IRL, GT(not sure) sit in the middleActually, GT cars (and indeed, most LeMans and sports cars in all classes) have drivers positioned to one side or the other. But that's because the cars are based on normal road cars.

F1, IRL, and most other open-wheel racers are center drive though.

Lance
2nd June 2005, 11:25 PM
''based''
well..... maybe they lOOk slightly like road cars ;)

Space Cowboy
3rd June 2005, 05:07 PM
so, you know how to use google, huh? :wink:

Actually I own a real assegai, a gift from my kenyan flat mate at uni :D

eLhabib
3rd June 2005, 11:11 PM
now that's somethin'!

myima-tsarong
7th June 2005, 04:11 PM
I have to admit that I have not seen the pure assegai, but i hope they did a great job as I love the Wipeout 3 assegai, it is a thing of beauty !!

zargz
7th June 2005, 04:48 PM
would've made for some awkward racing (from inside)!but in a real car your view is off to one side. to the right for most of the world. I can however understand why this would be tricky in game at wipEout speeds :)I ment, ofcource, awkward in a positive way >> would've made for some Cool racing (from inside)! :D

eLhabib
7th June 2005, 06:19 PM
I have to admit that I have not seen the pure assegai, but i hope they did a great job as I love the Wipeout 3 assegai, it is a thing of beauty !!

being a huge fan of w3o Assegai, I almost died seeing the livery design of the purE Assegai! It's just SO AWESOME! livery mode kicks major butt with pretty much every craft!

Kansas
7th June 2005, 11:42 PM
the livery Assegai does look like pure sex... but I wish the colors were more solid... they look a bit pastel.

eLhabib
8th June 2005, 02:11 AM
actually, that's just what I like about it, it's just so sleek and agile in style as it is in race performance.

Kansas
8th June 2005, 05:20 PM
so... which team has the most fans on the forum?

Assegai!!! 8)

Sausehuhn
8th June 2005, 05:31 PM
I'm not sur there. I think it's Feisar. Even when I prefer EG.r in races, Feiser is still the ship that presents WipEout since the 1st game. I can't imagine a WipEout without Feisar. That's what I think.

eLhabib
8th June 2005, 07:46 PM
well I couldn't imagine a w'o'' without AG-5Y5 or qirex either, and then came fusion... :x

Lance
8th June 2005, 08:37 PM
''so... which team has the most fans on the forum?''

er... isn't that just a spelling variation ;) of those multitudinous old ''what's your favourite ship?'' polls"

[stares very intently at everybody's avatars; thinks... hmm....] :)

eLhabib
8th June 2005, 09:02 PM
well my assegai has three fans. one on each wing, pointing down, and one in the cockpit for cool fresh air :wink:

Lion
9th June 2005, 05:32 AM
badoom boom tsh! (comedy drums thing)

qirex in wo 1/2. assegai in 3, never really played fusion, tending towards assegai in pure too, though I'm very partial to the tigron too

if I had to choose colours to fly it's definitely gonna go with the big Q though

Hellfire_WZ
9th June 2005, 07:42 AM
Was a huge FEISAR fan for the first three games, then I learned how to fly a Qirex and haven't looked back since. Although Triakis is starting to appeal.

I really like the way the Assegai has been tweaked in Pure though. Funny enough, I was useless with the Wip3out version, it was just way too light. It's still maintained some of its agility but this time it actually has some feel behind it.

myima-tsarong
9th June 2005, 10:50 AM
I'm so glad everyone else loves Assegai I was so angry when it was not in fusion!! ( as I prefer to fly the lighter more responsive AG's, i don't like the big heavy AG's!)

username
19th June 2005, 06:39 PM
what does the assegai in wipeout pure actually look like, are its colours still orange/brown and silver or are they different now. :?
to be honest i did not like the cockpit-on-the-side idea atall in wip3out, but it was a pretty cool design :lol:

Sausehuhn
19th June 2005, 06:47 PM
Don't wanna answer a question that has an answer that is similar to a question you've asked in the thread "cheats" in this forum. Take a look at the thread and I'm sure you will find the answer

Lance
19th June 2005, 06:58 PM
in other words, look on the wipeoutpure.com site for ship pics