PDA

View Full Version : Question about teams and content

Captain Q
30th May 2005, 08:00 PM
Greetings all,

Although I've browsed through this forum and visited the official website, I can't seem to get any concrete info on the number of teams present in wipEout Pure.

Is my understanding correct that some are present from the start (FEISAR, Qirex, Auricom, AG-Sys, Harimau, Triakis, Piranha), some can be unlocked (Assegai?) and some can be downloaded (Tigron?)? And how would this downloading work? I'm also hopelessly behind on what technology is present in the PSP.

I hope someone can answer these questions from a vet-turned-noob again :P.

Cheers,
Q

eLhabib
30th May 2005, 08:19 PM
Feisar, AG-5Y5, Auricom, Qirex, Piranha, Triakis, Harimau and Assegai are available from the start.

Zone team can be unlocked for normal races by getting gold on all four zone tracks.
Medievil team is unlocked at 70 golds I think.

Available for download (U.S. version) already is Tigron, with VanUber, Icaras and Goteki yet to be released.

As to PSP's technology: it's somewhere inbetween PS1 and PS2, featuring a poly count slightly better than PS1, but able of graphic effects the PS1 couldn't do and also featuring a higher resolution (480x272). In short: for a handheld it's frickin' amazing! (and purE looks way better than Fusion, too!)

Captain Q
31st May 2005, 12:08 PM
Okay, thanks for the info :).

Q

Lance
31st May 2005, 03:24 PM
PSP is actually superior to the PS2's graphics abilities in some respects