PDA

View Full Version : Wuargh! No! No! No! No!

Dimension
30th May 2005, 03:54 PM
Disaster :!: My memory stick has wiped itself while my PSP was in sleep mode! :cry: I just left it sat there, happy as can be in sleep mode on the coffee table (in its case,) at the WOP main menu. When i put it on, it lost the pirhana skin, couldn't find it in the options and then, when I reset my console to try and get it back, it couldn't find my (read: Def's) save game! It's also empty when USB'd to my comp so it's definitely all gone. I dunno if this is a problem with the basic stick that comes with the console or otherwise, or even if there's any way to protect against it, but i figure you peeps might wanna avoid putting your PSPs into sleep mode on the WOP main menu (where mine was done) in case it's something with that screen, i know i've had lesser problems there before (though never though this could result!) :( I lost everything on the stick, but luckily I can get back all but my TT and zone records (and a couple of brand new ghosts,) but it just damn sucks and would hate for it to happen to anyone else if it's to do with the WO software 8O :wink:

Mobius
30th May 2005, 04:24 PM
And remeber kids, don't put your psp in sleep mode while it is loading or saving on to the memory card.

That is a bit of a bummer isn't it? It probably happened when it was accessing the downloadable content or something.

Space Cowboy
30th May 2005, 04:34 PM
Hmmm... that sucks!
I've heard that the mem stick duo is a tempramental beast, frequent crashes and wipes are common.
I've had pure crash on me a few times since i've had it, but I've never had it wipe my mem stick.

lec
30th May 2005, 05:33 PM
something to think about........since i have download the gamma pack, my psp has be acting funny at the start up. i don't know if this has happen to any to you guys. it seems that maybe they haven't gotten all the bugs out. maybe that has some thing to do with what happen to you. whatever the case, good looking out. i'll be backing up my merory card.

Dimension
30th May 2005, 05:44 PM
Nah Mobius, it was on the main menu before I touched the power switch, it wasn't accessing the stick in any way which is what's unsettling about it. When i put it back on, as it does it flashed back to the original skin after the brief pause to load, but never brought back the pirhana skin. Kinda gutting since it'll take some time to repeat most of my records :( Good point about the gamma pack Iec, i hadn't made a note of it but yeah now that I think of it, it has been acting funny since I downloaded the pack (though that wasn't long after I started with the game) *shrugs*

Space Cowboy
30th May 2005, 05:47 PM
Ditto, thats when my crashes sarted too.

yawnstretch
30th May 2005, 07:12 PM
Yeah - my amount of crashes has increased slightly too (could be because Im playing it more though :wink:) but that totally sucks.

Luckily Im safe enough in this department as I decided to backup my PSP save data folder the other day (I was on 69 medals and wanted to have the ability to play without medievil ship in case it wasn't to my taste).

eLhabib
30th May 2005, 08:14 PM
To everybody who has experienced crashes after sleep mode: have you downloaded the PSP system update to version 1.50 yet? Look under 'System Information' in your PSP main menu, and if it reads version 1.00 there, you need to get the update. They have fixed some of the sleep mode problems with it, and I haven't had any sleep crashes since.

Space Cowboy
30th May 2005, 10:42 PM
Mines has been updated to 1.51 but I had a crash about a week ago. :(

One of the most common crashes reported with pure is the corrupt sound bug, I've had this two or three times. Nothing a restart wont fix.

Sven
31st May 2005, 01:51 AM
My game has been freezing up lately. It never happened at all before I got the download pack, but now it will crash after an hour or so of play, it seems...

TMoney
31st May 2005, 03:36 AM
My PSP has been freezing only in WIpeout and only after I downloaded the Gamma pack. There's a bug of some kind there, but it's not the fault of the stick or the PSP. No other games freeze.

Lion
31st May 2005, 06:03 AM
american PSPs shipped as 1.50. you'd have to have a jap unit for it to have ever said 1.0

1.0 does have the benefit of being able to run 3rd party homebrew apps like rin the gameboy emu though

wirehang
8th June 2005, 01:53 PM
If I suspend mid race my USA 1.5 PSP crashes/hangs when I resume it hangs at the point it should play the next sound effect.

matt

defor
8th June 2005, 02:25 PM
I've found that the issue seems to be dependant on Wipeout maintaining a constant read state on the memory card, on occassion, after installing GP1, I get a "could not autosave" error, and then when I return to the menu, if I have pirahna skin set, it's unset. The card is still present, but for some brief instant, the game couldn't find the card and decides to drop all GP1 content as there's no access to it.
As to crashes on resume, It appears that to some part, there's a relationship to the Tigron being ingame...Maybe it's losing connection at first... I could be totally wrong.