PDA

View Full Version : purE wireless multiplayer

eLhabib
29th May 2005, 12:04 PM
WOW! I had my first go with the multiplayer of w'o'' purE yesterday! Afriend got his PSP and purE two days ago, so we met and tried it out. GEEZ! This is f*kin' awesome! And it was only a 1on1! I simply CANNOT imagine the fun it must be with 8 people! There were a few things that bug me a bit though, maybe the devs could fix this with a future DL.

- why can't you put some AI racers in the race with you? a 1on1 can get pretty lonely sometimes... (especially if I PWN! :twisted: :wink: )

- why do I always get thrown into the main menu again after single races? why not back to the lobby?

- why can't I customize my own leagues, picking each track I like individually?

- why does it sometimes (bug?) give my ship the 'old' skin, even though I selected livery?

- why can't I activate a handicap of some sort, that pulls the players back together if one is far behind, just as an option? (much to learn my friend still has...) just choosing the feisar and letting him take the zone didn't help either, even overlapped him on a couple of occasions. (and he is really not a BAD pilot, just doesn't know the tracks and speedpad locations by heart yet...)

- why can't I fire the quake backwards by turning around? :D :D :D

Space Cowboy
29th May 2005, 12:32 PM
I can try to answer a couple of those for you :)

The lobby issue has been around since the day dot, it was brought up by almost every reviewer of the game on release. Its anoying, but Im not sure the game can be patched after its initial release (time constraints on development restricted this feature).

In fact most of the issues you mention in your post are probably due to the tight development schedule for pure.

As for the Livery mode, as far as Im aware it requires that both players have livery mode unlocked before it will work. (I had this problem with a friend until he got enough gold medals to unlock livery, now it works fine).

Hope I was of some usefullness :)

eLhabib
29th May 2005, 12:35 PM
I understand the lobby issue, but the thing with livery mode is something else. True, my friend doesn't have livery unlocked yet, but still, I could use livery on some ships. Assegai (thank god :) ), Triakis, Harimau liveries worked, but the other ones didn't. Strange that.

Egg
29th May 2005, 01:35 PM
I would think the lack of AI ships might be a performance issue? There are tiny lag problems on multiplayer already; adding AI to the mix may just accentuate those problems.

Not sure, tbh.

Linky?

eLhabib
29th May 2005, 04:54 PM
sounds reasonable, although I have yet to experience even the slightest lag.

djlucite
29th May 2005, 10:16 PM
I had an 8-player battle on XLink the other day. It was really, really fun. Slightly laggy but still really fun.

zargz
30th May 2005, 12:43 AM
- why can't I fire the quake backwards by turning around? :D :D :DWhere did you get That crazy idea, huh? :lol: LOL

djlucite
30th May 2005, 01:00 AM
I can see him leading the pack in a 8-player race, whipping around to fire the quake backwards, and it shoots off forwards and everyone passes him up while he's trying to turn around :lol:

Sven
31st May 2005, 01:04 AM
I've had the livery bug happen a few times in single player as well. Don't really know why.